Jump to content


Yay a blog so I can rant about stuff

Posted by Nalah, 27 August 2013 · 577 views
rant, darnit government, life
Hi there! You probably have no idea who I am, but now I have a blog, so you can read about all of my joys, sadnesses, and general life issues.

Posted Image


So anyway, I've almost finished my final year of school, and I'm currently planning to go to university next year and study business. Whether even I'll get into the course or not is a totally different rant regarding how OPs are calculated based on EVERYONE in your school performs in the QCS test (so if someone else does really badly in the test, they bring my score down), and will probably be on this blog sometime after I do the test next week (or after I get my OP in December xD).

Assuming I do get into my desired course, I then basically need to move to Brisbane, which is some 500kms away from where I currently live, in regional Queensland. As I still live with my parents, this location is not a choice I made, and not somewhere I particularly like, so I honestly can't wait to move, but it's probably going to be expensive. Uni in general, considering textbooks, accommodation, random fees, food. Even if I get stuff secondhand, and be as thrifty as I possibly can be, I'm still going to be a poor uni student, so yeah. I've had a job since I was 14, at a fast food franchise, and I know that my licencee/employer is going to write me an amazing reference, so I'm basically positive I will still have a job, but I'm going to be relying on that income alone to pay for everything, which is also not going to be a heap, so if I get sick or anything, I'm worried that I won't be able to pay rent/buy food/etc.

So for this reason, I looked up youth allowance payments offered by the Government, because I heard a few friends from school talking about it, and how it meant they were able to go to uni and all. And after looking into it for a few weeks, it turns out I'm not eligible, because it depends on my parents income, and they apparently earn too much for me to receive anything, and I don't earn enough to be classified as 'independent' (and thus eligible for payments). Even though there is no way that they are going to give me any financial support at all for uni next year, because I'm moving out of home, and they still have their mortgage and crap to pay for anyway.

Which means that I'm probably not going to be able to afford to go to uni, unless I live in a gutter for a year and work until I am eligible for the allowance, because I won't be able to afford accommodation anywhere. Which is something I am seriously considering, because I really want to go to this particular university so much.

Or I could just live in Boganville with my parents for the rest of life.

@#[email protected]#$%^&*&^%$#@#$%^&%^& you, government.


December 2018

9101112 13 1415

Recent Entries

Latest Visitors