Reasons I hate my roommate sometimes
roommate annoying boyfriend college univresity
It's been increasingly frequent now and honestly, it's starting to piss me off. Most of the most recent annoyances deal with her boyfriend.
1. I come in the room, he's in here. FIne, except they watch REALLY REALLY LOUD videos without headphones. I know you would only get one side of the headphones, but please, it's my room too and I'm not going to leave just because you have company over. I have the right to be in my room. Be courteous and use your dang headphones that I know you have!
2. I'm in the room, it's like I don't exist. I know I'm quiet, but please, the kissing noises, oh god why. Why? As I've said before, it's my room as well. Not just yours. When I had a boyfriend I never brought him into my room or did any of that kind of stuff in my room, because I was courteous about it. FOR THE LOVE OF CRAP, I LIVE HERE TOO. If you want me to leave, just ask me to leave and I'll leave. I'm not going to be forced out of my room because you two don't know how to act around other people.
3. I could do without the cute voices and the trying to tickle each other on the bed too. As I just said, if you want me to leave, just ask! Don't just pretend I'm not here and do whatever you want!
4. If you want to have sex, just put a sock on the doorknob, a letter, anything to let me know you need the room. We might not have discussed a sign, but if I come to the door and notice something is off with it, I'll understand and won't come in. I once walked in on him with his shirt off and they left after that. A warning or a sign not to come in would have been nice.
5. Please, don't joke about cutting your throat and killing yourself because you have a test and then saying it might be worth it. I know you don't know I ended up in the hospital for overdosing on tylenol in highschool because I was horribly depressed, but even if you don't know, that really shouldn't be something you joke about in general.
6. Just because it's Good Friday doesn't mean they should close campus. Not everyone is Christian. HELLO, I HAVE A STAR OF DAVID ON OUR DOOR! I HAD A MENORAH IN OUR ROOM! Please don't disrespect my religion by acting like your's is the only one that matters and they should close the entire campus because you have a holliday. This isn't a christian school! If you wanted that, you should have gone to Duquesne! They didn't close for Hanukkah and I didn't complain about it. They don't close for Yom Kippur and Rosh Hashana, and the Jews like me and my friend on this campus don't complain. It's called Winter Break, not Christmas break to be kind to the people who don't celebrate Christmas.
7. She talks in her sleep, she screams in her sleep, she snores really loud, and now she cries in her sleep as well. It'll be 1 in the morning and she'll wake the entire hall up by screaming really loud and continuing to sleep. It doesn't even wake her up.
I'm really hoping I won't have more to add to this list. At least my friend Hannah, who'll I'll be living with next year won't do this stuff.
At least she leaves every weekend. Hopefully she doesn't stay too late today, because apparently she doesn't have a set time to leave today, usually she's gone around 4-6pm. Please don't leave around 8pm today, please. Please don't bring your boyfriend back with you.
Please don't force me out of my own room.
And...she brought him back with her. Now I'm sitting in the lobby because I can't stand to listen to them anymore.