Quantcast

Belle's Once upon a time dress : FINISHED

Posted by Liesa, 20 April 2017 · 1464 views

So I've had very little time to update this blog but I finished my cosplay past week :D And then the outdoor convention was so rainy, I couldn't wear it all day ;.; So sad.

Also, I need to work on making process pictures :p

So next step was to sew everything together, match up lining & outer fabric and make it one corset. And everything looked fabulous! Until I fit it. Same old boob problem. I had to take it out around my breasts a little, yay for remembering extra seam allowance. Once it fit properly it was time for my fake leather bias tape & the eyelets.

Top almost finished, time to leave it be and work on the skirt.

The skirt was so straightforward I finished it in an hour and forgot all about pictures. It was just a straight skirt, 9 panels because it needed a lot of gathering at the top. So this is how it all looked together. Nearly there.

Spoiler

I decided against an underskirt because it was full enough already. With the skirt completed, I focused on the hardest part. Sleeves. I never made a sleeve before, especially a puff one. So I drafted a pattern & with a bit of fumbling I managed to get two pretty puffed sleeves and a collar.

Next comes the only thing I'm a bit bummed about. Belle's sleeves and collar have a super pretty embroidery on it. My friends mom has an embroidery machine that allows you to input drawings. So I added my rendering of the embroidery and tried it out on scraps. And it looked like crap :( Turns out my fabric was too thin to embroider properly. A bit of a let down my brain came up with a second idea when I was half asleep. 3D textile markers. Next morning I went to the shop, bought two separate markers. One with a pearl effect, one without and tested them.

Spoiler

Again I wasn't very pleased with it. Fabric was too thin and soaked up the paint & it looked plastic.
So I ditched the idea of embroidery and left the sleeves & collar for what they were and just added them to the top. One day I'll remake them in more sturdy fabric that can be embroided.

Dress DONE! *dancing*

Wig was super easy. I bought a lace front. I'm very picky in wigs. I always prefer a lace front and prefer giving out some more for them. So I ordered from my favorite site, Wig Is Fashion, and the bonus with them is that they come styled in neat curls and a center part. So it just needed a bit of a twist on the side and I decided to add a bow.

Spoiler

I decided to add a last part to my cosplay. Chip the cup. I found a cute little cup in the thrift store & got a friends brother to sand it down for me and cut a chip with a dremel tool.

Spoiler

I present Chip the cup after painting. :D

Posted Image

And a few con snaps I have. I hope weather gets better soon because it's filled with cherry blossoms down the road of my home and perfect for pictures.

Posted Image
Posted Image
I so hate the filter they put on these ;.; I always look like I have no eyebrows.

So this was the fastest I ever made a cosplay :p I hope some enjoyed seeing the process and now I'm back and forth to deciding which cosplay to make next.

That's awesome! It looks great :)

That's awesome! It looks great :)

Good job! It looks awesome :D

That looks pretty much perfect to the show...Good job!

You look beautiful.

That looks pretty much perfect to the show...Good job!

You look beautiful.

Thank you both :D 

It turned out amazing! You look beautiful Liesa!! 

Wow, I am amazed! I wish I was talented enough to do something like this and had the energy to do it as well.

Coming from you, I'm not surprised, but I'm amazed! You look beautiful!

It turned out amazing! You look beautiful Liesa!! 

Wow, I am amazed! I wish I was talented enough to do something like this and had the energy to do it as well.

Coming from you, I'm not surprised, but I'm amazed! You look beautiful!

<3 Thank you so much guys. This makes me so happy I shared my progress.

Just seen this and wanted to say good job, you look awesome ;D Id love to be able to sew. one day.

April 2024

S M T W T F S
14 15 1617181920

Latest Visitors