Quantcast

Just a copy paste from tonight's terribly unusual Facebook status...

Posted by Maha, 05 May 2017 · 1213 views

(I posted this just now on facebook to my fb friends, family etc, so its a bit diff to what you'd think i'd just post here as part of my shitty blog(s) haha)

LONG READ.. SORRY haha

I am almost certain anyone who knows me in person knows I have had a lot of weight issues for probably the majority of my life.

I've been 150+, I've been 70... ...i've been 142 and have been 80..

Which brings me to this post. I don't often share this stuff but I thought I should.

I had lost a lot of weight and had gotten relatively healthy I guess just before I started working at Coles after we abruptly found ourselves (Kellie and I) in Dalby to live.

But due to already having weight problems during and after school the damage from my diet and lack of anything you could call exercise had been done and I developed Gall Stones... It was quite a time before I had the issue diagnosed though and I had probably dealt with gall bladder attacks from 2 relatively large gall stones stuck the the gall bladders neck area having caused almost chronic gall bladder inflammation.. But after several ambulance trips from debilitating gall bladder attacks and a heap of doctors appointments and tests they ended up getting me sorted to have a cholecystectomy (gall bladder removal).

It was a difficult but enlightening experience I hope the majority of people don't have to go through. It was a pretty shitty 1st week of recovery and then each week slowly got better. Just around 4 weeks and I was back at work but the downside? Well to me at the time.. it was a very big positive.

So before the surgery it occurred to me that nearly every time I had a gallbladder attack, it was after having eaten less and fairly healthy, low fat stuff.. Which of course is sorta obvious.. The gallbladder aids in the storage of stuff and production of bile and digestion of fats in the body.. And every time I tried to be healthier I didn't give it enough work to do which led to it becoming more and more enlarged and eventually nearly every time led to me having a gall bladder attack..

So why did I say this was a big positive after the fact I had my surgery? Well.. I was able to eat anything I wanted without having to fear a gallbladder attack which every time I had 1, would lead to the hospital and or ambulance to administer 1-2 lots of morphine...

There I was in all my glory eating basically whatever the fuck I wanted. I love food and I think everyone should but I can admit without a doubt I was eating too much.

I could eat 2-3 pizzas just for dinner, 2-4 toasted sandwiches for lunch. I could snack on biscuits, chips, chocolate. I would drink full sugar softdrinks I would buy take out way too much.. But these shitty foods are addicting and because I am an emotional eater and had no worries to think of with my no longer existing gall bladder I just ate.

And now its 2017. Its already May and I've decided that I HAVE TO be a better version of myself this year. I've decided I will be happy and will try my best in everything for myself and my Wife and Family. I have made the choice to go back to the gym and try the best I can.

...........more than 22 cm... that is the length on my belt that I've lost from my waist. I can't remember which metal ring I used at my largest last year.. But I have lost more than 22 cm worth of length from my waist and I'm not going to stop.

I'm probably 1-2kg from getting below 100kg for the 1st time since before my gallbladder surgery and I will not falter and fail... I don't know how attainable my goal to reach 75kg is now that I've been working at coles doing night fill since 2013 and am back in the gym.. But.. I WILL BE A NEW ME by the end of the year..

Interesting, but -- gallbladder stones don't have to do with eating healthy and not giving it "work". It's caused when you produce a lot of cholesterol and it goes to your bile. Attacks tend to happen more when you actually eat fat, because it stimulates your gallbladder to contract so the bile comes out. You probably had attacks while eating healthy because it was already in a really bad state.

Interesting, but -- gallbladder stones don't have to do with eating healthy and not giving it "work". It's caused when you produce a lot of cholesterol and it goes to your bile. Attacks tend to happen more when you actually eat fat, because it stimulates your gallbladder to contract so the bile comes out. You probably had attacks while eating healthy because it was already in a really bad state.

Way better explaining than my shitty understanding​ haha

Way better explaining than my shitty understanding​ haha

It helps that I learned about this a couple months ago :p

But anyway, I'm happy to hear that you're determined to change your lifestyle!

April 2024

S M T W T F S
14151617 18 1920

Recent Comments

Latest Visitors