Quantcast

Cop allowed man to beat her, afraid that shooting him would lead to charges

Posted by BirdistheWord, 25 June 2017 · 1764 views

I'm sorry :( We don't allow people, especially cops, to defend themselves from society's finest. It's sad, and unfair. But, it was the right thing to do in this situation......

You had to protect yourself, and you did by not shooting him. The physical pain will heal.....but you won't have your little kids or family threatened by thugs and douchebags.

Actually, you will still get death threats. I'm sorry. They will still want you dead just because of your job title. Despite the fact that you didn't actually do anything.

You will also be looked down upon - these thugs will see you as weak and will go after you.

I see the comments - and they still blame you for getting beaten up. things like "The only reason this is a story is because the man is X color" and "Kill or be killed".

But, that's not your fault. This world is the problem....and I'm so so sorry.

I'm not keen on commenting on things like this on Neocodex because typically whatever the "chosen flavor of comment" is will prevail (or not be beaten up to shit in a biased manner) and all others will be shat upon (I recall a Mod...or was that before she was temporarily Admin?...even agreeing with someone that all White people are racist even just because they are White...so yeah, not even a nice space of non-bias here!).

The story you share is beyond tragic, beyond all things as well that petty arguments are precariously balanced upon. I appreciate your having posted this because, to be honest, there are far too few posts of this nature, and we desperately need to see them!

I have relatives who are law enforcement officers who face this kind of crap on a daily basis yet always ALWAYS have that whole judgment thing from the clueless general public in their face. I would love to see those judgmental people actually having to do the work that our law enforcement officers every day of their lives, while those who judge sit on their couches jobless or in the comforts of an office as they judge.

Blessed be, and peace out.

I'm not keen on commenting on things like this on Neocodex because typically whatever the "chosen flavor of comment" is will prevail (or not be beaten up to shit in a biased manner) and all others will be shat upon (I recall a Mod...or was that before she was temporarily Admin?...even agreeing with someone that all White people are racist even just because they are White...so yeah, not even a nice space of non-bias here!).

The story you share is beyond tragic, beyond all things as well that petty arguments are precariously balanced upon. I appreciate your having posted this because, to be honest, there are far too few posts of this nature, and we desperately need to see them!

I have relatives who are law enforcement officers who face this kind of crap on a daily basis yet always ALWAYS have that whole judgment thing from the clueless general public in their face. I would love to see those judgmental people actually having to do the work that our law enforcement officers every day of their lives, while those who judge sit on their couches jobless or in the comforts of an office as they judge.

Blessed be, and peace out.

Yo, I kinda feel this. I was in a pre academy for minors to become police officers when I was 16 - 17. I was super dedicated, and actually really good at it.

Then, this kinda stuff started happening more, and more and I dropped it. Looking how things are now? I'm not sure I still have regrets about that. 

My bro is 17, he wants to be a cop/fireman. I told him, dont be a cop. People hate you, and you will be deemed a criminal for defending yourself if that needs to happen. Be a fireman, work 2 days a week. There are shitty cops, but that doesn't mean a cop should get his ass beat and fear retaliation.

And damn, I ran out of upvotes, I was mostly trying to see how many I have in a day. It is either 9-10. How is this number determined? Just by rank or by other factors as well?

It makes me sad, they go through all that training wanting to protect people and keep everything lawful, but then they find out that just doing their job makes everyone hate them. They wanted to protect and serve, instead they're getting unprotected and severed by the people they swore to protect for just doing their job. 

It's like EVERYTHING has to be about race nowadays. I'm not saying that racism is not an issue, because it is, but I feel like people tend to throw the race of whoever into things now just because, even if there's no evidence of racism. I'm waiting until something like this comes up: Subway told me they ran out of provolone cheese because of my/because I'm x!" When in reality, they were just out of provolone cheese. Racism is a huge issue, but sadly interjecting it into everything is damping the issue. Now it just feels like everything is racist no matter what these days. 

Also, Kaddict, upvotes are determined just by rank. 

March 2024

S M T W T F S
2425262728 29 30

Latest Visitors