Quantcast

Plunk and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.

Posted by Plunk, 21 May 2014 · 1262 views

terrible horrible no good very bad day
Yesterday, Plunk had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

He went for an interview at a job which he had been guaranteed. The owners of the shop told him that they'd decided not to hire anyone else as they could do the work themselves.
It was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

He decided to go to a shop and pick up some shisha for his brand new hookah. He arrived there at 8AM. The shop didn't open until 10AM.
It continued to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

He went to Walmart to pick up some Mountain Dew. He hadn't had soda in a while and figured he could use some. He got out of his car and began walking through the parking lot, when suddenly a car started to back out even though he was right behind it. The driver kept backing over Plunk until Plunk punched the trunk of the car as hard as he could to alert the driver to his presence. The car had been backed up far enough that Plunk was halfway under the car when it finally stopped. The driver got out and started yelling at Plunk for punching their car and threatened to sue for damages.
It was still a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

Plunk went back to the shop at about 9AM and sat in the parking lot for an hour rather than drive the half hour back home, only to have to immediately turn around in order to be there when the shop opened. After ten minutes or so, it became extremely stuffy in the car. "I know! I'll take off my hoodie and roll down my windows!" Thought Plunk. He removed his hoodie and rolled down his windows. Not two minutes later, it began to lightly drizzle, and within another two, it was an absolute downpour.
Terrible, horrible, blah, blah, blah.

The store finally opened and Plunk went inside and picked up some mango shisha. It smelled absolutely amazing. He drove home in the rain, and got out of his car. He grabbed his hoodie under his right arm, and grabbed the case of Mountain Dew with his right hand. As he began walking toward his house, the handle gave way, and the box of soda collapsed to the ground. Six cans of soda broke, with one of them spraying sticky, stupid soda all over his now sticky, stupid face.
Terrible... you get it by now.

In frustration, Plunk screamed into the sky, "THIS IS A SUMMATION OF MY ENTIRE GODDAMN DAY!" In disgust, he begain walking toward the house and threw his hoodie up into the air. He grabbed a few grocery bags and went back outside to salvage what he could of the soda. When he looked around, the hoodie was nowhere to be seen. "Odd..." thought Plunk. He looked upwards and found his hoodie, hanging on the power lines.
Fuckthisterriblehorriblenogoodverybadday.

Plunk went inside and threw himself down into his computer chair. He filled his hookah, and began to smoke. The smoke tasted strongly of mangos, and the smell and flavor relaxed him. He began to sit back and just enjoy that the horrible day seemed to be turning in his favor. He scooted his chair forwards, and in doing so, accidentally pulled the hookah along the floor towards him. The bowl fell off the top and crashed to the floor. Luckily, it didn't break, but the coal that had been sitting on top of the bowl was now shattered and lit chunks of absolute goddamn bullshit were now strewn across his floor, some dangerously close to, or sitting directly on top of flammable items.
Are you fucking kidding me with this Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day?!

He managed to scoop up the chunks of the coal before it started any fires, and placed them back on top of the bowl, burning his hand on the bowl in the process. "The universe is shitting directly on my life right now." Thought Plunk as he sat there with his face burried in his hands. Then he heard a familliar "bloop!" sound. He had recieved a message on Facebook. "What now?!" Thought Plunk. "Can't I have one single moment to just wallow in self-pity?!"

The message came from a girl who Plunk had gone on a date with the week before. He had messaged her during the weekend, but she hadn't responded. "Sorry I didn't reply to you before," The message read, "but my internet got shut off for some reason and we just got it back on. I wanted to tell you that I had a great time, and I can't wait to hang out with you again sometime. Just make it soon, okay? :)"

Plunk sat there for a moment, rereading the message over and over, looking for the part that would make his day even more miserable, but he couldn't find it. Astonished, he wrote back, "Yeah, I'd love to! We'll have to figure out sometime that we're both free."
She replied, "I've got nothing going on this weekend. If you want, you can come over on Friday and just hang out until Sunday. We've got a spare room here that you could stay in."
"Sounds great!" Plunk replied.
It was the end of Plunk's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.

Awww I love it when you write blog posts, you should do it more often :p It sounds like you had a day from hell but I'm glad it turned around for you.

*Hugs* for the bad parts. And *high five* for getting the lady in the end! :D 

Awww I love it when you write blog posts, you should do it more often :p It sounds like you had a day from hell but I'm glad it turned around for you.

I would have been writing more, but I almost legitimately forgot that Codex existed for a while. I didn't have a computer for about two months, and when I got mine back, I barely ever got online. XD

*Pats shoulder* Glad your day turned around.

Very nice. :)

March 2024

S M T W T F S
2425262728 29 30

Latest Visitors