Quantcast

Missions Part 1

Posted by Chappy, 12 July 2015 · 1658 views

So this is part one because I have a huge jetlag situation. I keep falling asleep everywhere and then am awake at like 3am -_-
Things may seem like it's bad ,but the ending is the best part :3 Pictures may come in another section.
This is just my experience. Yes I am religious so please don't get offended by anything. If it doesn't make sense or perhaps you think this is b.s. I apologize ,but this is just my 2 cents.
So our team to Thailand had 10 people including our leader (call him Mr.S).This consisted of 6 girls and 4 guys~ One guy was our "father" and the other was our "mother" of the team. (tis an Korean club thing I think)

When we got to Thailand we right away had to take a 10 hour trip to the orphanage. So this orphanage is a little different than what we image one to be. It's actually refuges from Burma (Even though it changed it's name the people call it still Burma) who ran over to Thailand. In Thailand they have a reserved area for them, but they can't leave it since they don't have a Thai ID and Thailand can't just accept tons of people. So they do have parents, but usually it's just the mother or their siblings. We stayed 3 days with them but had to make 3hr trips back and forth since we couldn't officially stay with them. (Government issues) There were 2 orphanages about 10 minutes away from each other. I normally dislike children, but these kids would melt your heart. they had nothing, but was always smiling and laughing. We made them bracelets which they adored. They cherished adornments just like we do except they collected everything. Safety pins were considered special. Seriously anything metal or could be a bead is kept and worn by them. We taught them little bits of English, but weirdly enough they were more focused on learning Thai. They have their own home language and we were very lucky to have a translator from a university help us. I was really touched by them ,but after we left I had some personal struggles.

This 10 hour trip was exhausting and also unfortunately Korean pop was played for the whole ride. Even though I'm part Korean I really dislike K-pop. There was only one other dude who wasn't Korean that didn't like K-pop. (We became buds through this trip) So the rest of the team bonded super well. I sat quietly because I obviously wasn't into it.
Not that I didn't like my team or anything, but for some reason at the end of week 1 no one really liked me. Everyone contradicted each other when later in the week I asked why each of them decided to avoid me. One said I was too quite, too talkative, too open, too emotional, or didn't seem to care. I will admit I was super insecure about myself. As many here know I have a hard time being confident. So I was silent during that car ride and I wasn't being the normal me. I think that really hurt the team as it seemed like everyone else got along. Only 3 people we're avoiding me. One was Su - super pretty and popular in our group,our leader Mr.S, and Steven- the non Korean dude. Even though Steven and me got along we couldn't spend time or really talk because everyone's conservative and there would have been a possibility of rumors being spread. I really didn't want him to get in that mess. So I was alone for more or less the first week.
At this point I was really frustrated and hurt. There were benefits to being alone such as you get one bed to yourself, alone time/time with God was great, and of course less K-pop music. Lord behold after praying so hard the Thai students/Staff came in. We went to evangelize at Silpakorn University in Nakhon Pathom , which is technically Bangkok region. I can honestly say that I got so close to these Thai friends that one could have been my best friend. They instantly noticed the group wasn't digging me & they took care of me. They talked to me, with our equally broken language, and always kept me by their sides. They also chose me over the other kids when it came up to making teams (with games) and I'm extremely thankful. There isn't anything better than that. Seriously, it wasn't so bad after that and my team did slowly open up to me again. (On the last 3 days of our trip we all felt like a real team)
When we evangelize we approached them slowly. We build a friendship and usually asked how they felt that we were Christians. It was up to them then if they wanted to hear more about Jesus & God. Most have never heard of Jesus and we would have deep religious conversations. They loved comparing and sharing Buddhism too. They were so curious about it that it really didn't feel like we were bothering them. We simply answered anything they wanted to know to the best of our abilities. There were never arguments, but just simple conversations. I really enjoyed that. We weren't pushy and it left it up to the Thai student to decide what they wanted.

Some other parts will be up soon.

<3

I genuinely enjoy you.

I genuinely enjoy you.

Awww Thank you Jess~ I'm a try to update soon :3 The pictures I wanted to show are in a Thai's friend camera and they are in midterm week XD

I am so glad to hear about your trip (((hugs)))...you are an amazing bright spot of life in humanity, and I appreciate you tremendously. :)

I am so glad to hear about your trip (((hugs)))...you are an amazing bright spot of life in humanity, and I appreciate you tremendously. :)

Thank you so much Kord! It means a ton for you to say that *hugs* T^T

March 2024

S M T W T F S
2425262728 29 30

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Latest Visitors