Quantcast

Kylo in Canada

Posted by KaibaSama, 18 May 2016 · 897 views

canada niagara falls vacation lots of water till friday

I'll be in Ontario, near the Falls, until Friday. When I thought of making these daily blog posts, my first thought was this because of me being Kylo:
Posted Image
Just change remaining systems to Canadian Provinces. "All Canadian Provinces will bow to the First Order!"
At least I think Canada is separated into provinces...

I had to wake up really early for some reason, as we got to the hotel at 12:45 or so and check it wasn't until 2pm. So we could have left later and I could have slept more. My mom went to bed so late, that when she was driving the car would sometimes veer off onto the shoulder and hit those sort of rough things on the shoulder that are used to alert drivers they're on the shoulder. It freaked me out because I was half asleep in the front seat and to feel the vibration of the car rolling over the rough patches (sorry, I don't know what to call those things). At least we stopped at a Krispy Kreme and I got a raspberry filled doughnut and a vanilla latte, which woke me up for a while (the latte not the doughnut).

I was expecting to hear the "classic" accent Americans believe Canadians have, but that's more in Quebec and Montreal I've head. The only time I've heard the word "sorry" pronounced differently was on TV when I was watching Canadian news because there wasn't anything else on.

All we really did today was the journey behind the falls, which was kind of disappointing because it's just a bunch of man made tunnels and we thought it would be more of a cave like thing where you would actually be directly behind the falls, instead of just looking at the "behind" from an observation deck.

We had dinner at the Rainforest Cafe, which was nice. They had some really nice smoked salmon, and since the drinking age in Canada is 19, compared to 21 for the US, I was able to order a "Mango Tango". It's basically a mango slushie with Vodka and liquor in it. It was delicious!

My hotel room has a TV in the bathroom. I would have expected that in the US, but not in Canada. Now I can watch TV while I shower! We've also got a fake decorative fireplace and a great view of the falls.

Spoiler

Sorry for the large images, I'm too lazy to resize them. Well, that's day 1. There's supposed to be fireworks tonight and the next so if I can get a good picture tonight, I'll add those pictures in.

Your room has an amazing view!!

I remember going back in 2009 and it was so wonderful.

I did ALL the activities like going behind the falls & maid of the mist.

No regrets.

It was just hella expensive because of all the added tax :(

Great photos!!!

the (8th??) photo wih the waterfall and rainbow is sooooooo beautiful *o*

good job captioning it!!!

your hotel room is so nice :) id love to watch TV while i poop/shower

Canada is definitely on my bucket list

Hope you have the time of your life there :)

Niagara-on-the-lake is close by and has some nice vineyards if you enjoy wine.

April 2024

S M T W T F S
1415161718 19 20

Latest Visitors

Categories