Quantcast

Just getting my thoughts off my mind right now.

Posted by Jozie, 24 September 2016 · 1385 views

pregnant

So, as I have announced yesterday on here, I just found out I am pregnant and told my amazing man today!

He was excited, so no worries there. Very happy!

And while this isn't my first time being pregnant, if all goes well, this will be my first time having a baby.

I lost a baby in a car accident a few years ago. And I miscarried another baby. So I am scared that something will go wrong again.

I don't want it to and for the most part I am going to keep a positive mind about it. This is the first time I am in a healthy and loving relationship. I am going to do everything I can to keep our baby healthy.

I am also scared about the day I give birth. That has always scared me. But I am crazy excited to hold our baby for the first time!!!!

I can't wait to find out if our baby is a boy or a girl! I really want a boy but I will equally be just as excited for a girl, because she can be my little princess!

Ok, for now, that's all I need to get off my mind.

Congratulations! I wish I could tell you something helpful, but that fear will probably not go away. It'll get less and less, but then be replaced by similar fears the further along you get. The only useful thing I have is to not google anything pregnancy related. Get someone else to google for you if you need to (I have a friend on fb that I can message and be like 'someone told me xyz about breech, can you look it up for me?) and 9/10 it's some kind of old wives' tale with no scientific basis or irrelevant to my situation. 

One thing I highly recommend once you get closer though, is finding a birth plan list (earth mama has a really detailed one) even if you don't plan on using one, because it's a good way to familiarize yourself with things that'll potentially happen during the labor and birth in a straight-forward way. 

Finally, if you decide to follow a pregnancy-specific diet (brewer, wapf, whatever your ob suggests, etc,) just remember that the additional calorie counts on those are based on the assumption you're already at a 2k calorie diet. 

Thank you for this comment. It is very helpful.

To add partially to Jess's topic, don't constantly think or stress about the pregnancy. As a mother, it's going to be impossible to not be a little anxious but don't focus on it.

Keep in mind the basics for the baby's health, worry mainly about you. A healthy mommy is a healthy baby.

Thanks. Yeah eating healthy is super easy now. All I crave is veggies and fruit, with some occasional fried chicken. Salty is what I go more towards when eating. Lots of nuts too. Water or Gatorade is what I have been drinking. Had unsweet tea today. Walking for my exercise and am still losing weight healthily.

Awwh congrats on being pregnant! I will pray that everything goes amazing with you :) 

Thank you very much! My mind is every where on this lol. So many different thoughts and just tired of feeling sick all the time.

March 2024

S M T W T F S
2425262728 29 30

Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Latest Visitors