Quantcast

Photo

How important is sex to you in a relationship?

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#1 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:47 AM

How important for you is sex specifically in a relationship? I'm not talking about one-night-stands because that's the only factor durrr. I mean in a relationship that you think might last a long time / maybe forever

I ask because I'm REALLY not that sexual of a person; I make jokes and shit but I have never craved sex before. I'd probably be fine not having sex again for the rest of my life (lol you're just doing it wrong! No).

What's a deal breaker? Someone who has to wait till marriage? Someone who doesn't like doing it more than once or twice a week? Someone who won't do anything but normal intercourse (no oral, anal, what have you)? Someone who's BAD at it? And remember: this is in the context where everything else is good (looks, personality, career, whatever you value) but where's the limit where something regarding sex is unsatisfactory that it is bye bye to relationship? If this person is perfect in everyway but simply doesn't like having sex, could you handle it?

#2 Philly

Philly
  • 402 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:00 AM

To me it is something you shouldn't just jump into, it is something you should have thought about and you should at least have been together for several months. I don't do sex just because someone's  'hot', but only because I love the other.

#3 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:02 AM

Sex is a big part of a relationship for me. But it's not really anything that I would break-up over. I had a boyfriend who was a virgin. He was saving himself until marriage. I respected that and did not really pester him about it. We essentially broke up due to different views. They weren't about sex though.

#4 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:07 AM

I'd take a few rounds in Mario Party over sex any day.

Seriously, my sexual drive is next to nothing, it may just be my age, but frankly, I'd think I'd be wasting my time with intercourse.

#5 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:09 AM

Sex is eh...I can get it here and there and that's fine..to me Money is more important...Whose tattoo was it...MOB haha Black ink and pasty skin Money Over Bitches!

As for a relationship, I guess its not important..Shoot you stop having sex as often or as much once you are married..But I can't lie, sex with certain people does make you a bit happy.

Edited by Warriors, 08 November 2010 - 11:10 AM.

#6 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:11 AM

Sex is... uhm... well... I like it :p

I say I LIKE it, however I do think its... overrated.

#7 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:17 AM

Orly? :p Because a lot of people I talk to are like "if we don't have sex at least 3-4 times a week during the inital phase, there's no way we can last in the long run" and I"m like "O.o"

#8 Philly

Philly
  • 402 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:44 AM

Orly? :p Because a lot of people I talk to are like "if we don't have sex at least 3-4 times a week during the inital phase, there's no way we can last in the long run" and I"m like "O.o"

That's the kind of people I dump immediately, lol. they should value brains over body.

#9 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:48 AM

That's the kind of people I dump immediately, lol. they should value brains over body.

Is it a common thing to crave sex? :p Because I think almost everyone except like, me does :p

#10 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:52 AM

It's common to crave sex at times. But not at all times.

#11 Sammiantha

Sammiantha
  • 498 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:52 AM

I think people will always have differing opinions on this subject, but IMO I'd rather have what I have, which is a relationship with a guy who is essentially my best friend and amazing sex, but less frequently (2/3 times a week). Some of my friends are in relationships and have sex more often but that is all they have... other than a shit load of arguments.

But also, saying that, I couldn't have a relationship without good sex - and I'm definitely not a take it or leave it kinda girl!

#12 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:54 AM

What is wrong with the Neocodex men? O_o Video games over sex? WTF?

I think 2+ a week is normal (theres obviously weeks where its 8+, it just varies), but any less than that ever and I would be questioning where else the guy is getting it haha but I've only been with 'sexually driven' men so idk...you NC men are baffling to me.
And even if I don't particularly want it at the time, relationships are about sacrifices and keeping the other person happy. It's not like it will kill you anyways. I hate bitches who complain about that.
And I've noticed that the more I want/enjoy sex, the better the relationship really is and the happier I am doing trivial things like, shopping with them or something. So IMO, the quality of sex and the quality of the relationship are kind of related. So I definitely take sex into consideration on if I consider the guy a keeper.
And if the sex gets shitty, chances are the person is going to get it elsewhere, which can obviously ruin a relationship.
So I guess sex is like the window into a relationship.

But I guess as long as your partner is happy with how often you're currently doing it, then it shouldn't matter anyways, right?

On a sort of side note, I know this guy whos GF wont consider anal (never has) , and now he's questioning how much she really loves him just because he really loves it, and she wont even try. Thats sad, but sort of funny. I'm sure there may be more to it, but it looks like this was the first rock in the road that may break them.

Edited by Salamanda, 08 November 2010 - 11:56 AM.

#13 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:59 AM

What is wrong with the Neocodex men? O_o Video games over sex? WTF?

I think 2+ a week is normal, any less and I would be questioning where else the guy is getting it haha but I've only been with 'sexually driven' men so idk...you NC men are baffling to me.

When I say overrated, I mean I think its not as amazing as everyone makes it out to be. However, I still participate in it at least once every other day, sometimes I have periods I do it every day and if I feel amazing I do it multiple times a day :p I suppose it just depends on how I feel :p

#14 dirigibleplum

dirigibleplum
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:00 PM

Love without sex is nearly as hollow as sex without love. It's a moderately important factor for me, but I find that I don't actually crave it unless I'm really into the person.

#15 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:00 PM

On a sort of side note, I know this guy whos GF wont consider anal (never has) , and now he's questioning how much she really loves him just because he really loves it, and she wont even try. Thats sad, but sort of funny. I'm sure there may be more to it, but it looks like this was the first rock in the road that may break them.

Wow. That is sad. I'm pretty sure she should be questioning his love because he doesn't respect the fact that she doesn't want to do anal. xD

#16 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:04 PM

bahaha I love you salamanda xD

#17 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:07 PM

bahaha I love you salamanda xD

Because I'm the only person who can say 'anal' without being completely appalled or offended. Or tremble in fear. Nope, no tiny tremors when I say it.

#18 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:09 PM

Because I'm the only person who can say 'anal' without being completely appalled or offended. Or tremble in fear. Nope, no tiny tremors when I say it.

Preeettyyy sure I don't get appalled over the word "anal". For obvious reasons...

*cough*

#19 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:13 PM

Preeettyyy sure I don't get appalled over the word "anal". For obvious reasons...

*cough*

Theres a crazy large percentage of gays/bi's who don't partake in anal.

And I know you shiver in anticipation, you wierdo.

#20 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:16 PM

Theres a crazy large percentage of gays/bi's who don't partake in anal.

And I know you shiver in anticipation, you wierdo.

That last line made me think of rocky horror :p And I remember you saying that in IRC once. Kind of a relief :p Although I don't find it that big a deal tbh.

#21 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:16 PM

Do not mention anal when Noit is around...:p

#22 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:17 PM

Edit: The LolCats made me do it.

Edited by Warriors, 08 November 2010 - 12:17 PM.

#23 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:18 PM

I guess it depends on who I'm with.Like when it's good I want it all the time so it's really important that we have it all the time. But when the sex is like, okay, then I'm okay with only doing it a couple times a week.

#24 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:22 PM

And here comes oreo stating the obvious about herself.

Sex in a relationship to me is pretty damn important.. gotta be good at it, gotta do it often. Don't get me wrong, i'm not just using the guy i'm with right now for sex, I love him to bits. But if we couldn't have sex i'd be pretty down in the dumps, it's like an addiction. Obviously I don't need it, but in my mind I feel like I do.

On a related note, I definitely could not be with a virgin or someone who's not good at it.
Average for me is a few times a day.

Edited by oreo12, 08 November 2010 - 12:26 PM.

#25 sircomflix

sircomflix
  • 461 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:04 PM

It's the most intimate thing you could do with a partner, of course it's important! And fun...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users