Quantcast

Photo

How important is sex to you in a relationship?

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#26 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:20 PM

And here comes oreo stating the obvious about herself.

Sex in a relationship to me is pretty damn important.. gotta be good at it, gotta do it often. Don't get me wrong, i'm not just using the guy i'm with right now for sex, I love him to bits. But if we couldn't have sex i'd be pretty down in the dumps, it's like an addiction. Obviously I don't need it, but in my mind I feel like I do.

On a related note, I definitely could not be with a virgin or someone who's not good at it.
Average for me is a few times a day.

Damn, a few times a day? xD

#27 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:45 PM

tbh sex in a relationship is a pretty big deal for me. i dont mind if im not getting any, as long as there's a good reason for it.
but if she's withholding sex for absolutely no reason, then there must be something wrong (at least, that's how my mind works)

skill level doesn't really matter to me, for some reason i get more from her orgasm than my own.

frequency... well again not really a big factor either. i've been in a relationships ranging from no sex for 14months to a minimum of 7times a week. frequency does not bother me

#28 Supernature

Supernature
  • 87 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:50 PM

It's a big deal for me. I figure, if I'm not being intimate with somebody, why aren't we just really great friends then?

#29 WakaWaka

WakaWaka
  • 458 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:55 PM

it's important to me.
gotta be at least 3-5 times a week.
twice or more in one day is considered as one.

#30 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:59 PM

yeah; sex is a massive factor in my relationship. i love my boyfriend tonnes; but sex pumps it up a whole lot more, and if it wasnt there, things would suck very badly, and id eventually get bored and walk away. Like Oreo said though; i definately couldnt be with someone who was a virgin or inexperiencd, it would just feel so wrong; id feel like i was sleeping with a 14 year old XD

#31 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:42 PM

Very. I do kind of agree with the "without it, we're just good friends" mentality. Not because sex is that all sets him apart from my friends, I'm closer to him than anyone else in the world, but I'm not sure I'd be capable of that level of emotional intimacy if it weren't for the fact that he's seen me naked etc. I think the fact that I can talk to him about anything and trust him immensely does stem from the sex and if you took it from our relationship I'd feel a lot more disconnected to him.

#32 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:46 PM

yeah; sex is a massive factor in my relationship. i love my boyfriend tonnes; but sex pumps it up a whole lot more, and if it wasnt there, things would suck very badly, and id eventually get bored and walk away. Like Oreo said though; i definately couldnt be with someone who was a virgin or inexperiencd, it would just feel so wrong; id feel like i was sleeping with a 14 year old XD

Can I ask how old you are?

#33 Lineage

Lineage
  • 498 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:00 PM

Average for me is a few times a day.

How does that not getting boring?
I've been with my boyfriend for ages, and we've been living together for several years as well but..
Idk. We went through the OMG, MUST HAVE SEX AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE phase a few times but now it would just seem unnecessary.
Now, a few times a week is fine with us.

#34 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:00 PM

I've been with my boyfriend for ages, and we've been living together for several years as well but..
Idk. We went through the OMG, MUST HAVE SEX AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE phase a few times but now it would just seem unnecessary.

Same situation (except I date women), and I'm getting some at just about the same rate. Usually. :sorry:

#35 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:15 PM

I've been with this guy for a year and a half now and it's been like that since day 1. Our sex has never been boring. Maybe we both just have really high sex drives?
Seems to be the only explanation to me.

#36 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:18 PM

I've been with this guy for a year and a half now and it's been like that since day 1. Our sex has never been boring. Maybe we both just have really high sex drives?
Seems to be the only explanation to me.

Maybe!

But a year and a half is still kinda new ish :)

Me and my ex were together for over 6 years, sex was fab for 2 - maybe 3, like Uber amazing, all the time.

Then it went downhill slowly and slowly untill it was like once a month. And now....hes an ex.

Hopefully this wont happen to you though :D lol

#37 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:44 PM

My boyfriend and I have always had an unhealthy sex life, which probably stems from emotional problems on my part. I often withhold sex, but it's not because I don't want sex. I masturbate pretty much daily, but for whatever reason I have a problem making the first move, and Matt's pretty much given up because he assumes I'm uninterested. We've been together for just about 3 years now, and things were pretty good in the beginning, but quickly became irregular. I enjoy sex, but I don't orgasm, and we go through very long dry spells, so sex is actually painful for the first few minutes, then it's okay, but I get bored. I know it's my fault our sex life is pretty much nonexistent, but it irritates me that Matt doesn't even make an effort anymore. When we do have sex, it seems very routine and I just don't feel like trying anything new, even though I've been willing to get pretty freaky in the past. I know it's not normal to only have sex every few months, and it's been addressed in therapy, but always takes a backseat to whatever other issues are going on in my life. I do think a healthy sex life is an important part of a healthy relationship, but I've gotten so used to not having much sex. Sometimes I wish Matt was a little more aggressive about pursuing a normal sex life with me, but he seems to have lost his confidence and become insecure, which I do not find attractive. I could just take one for the team and fantasize about someone else, but I think it would leave me feeling even more unfulfilled and guilty. There's a lot that I'm trying to say, but I feel very vulnerable and I can't get the right words out, so I'll leave it at that for now. :/

#38 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:49 PM

Hopefully, lol. You gotta remember Georgie I am still 17 anyways. :)
But speaking just for myself, I know i've been like this since I even started having sex.

#39 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:52 PM

Hopefully, lol. You gotta remember Georgie I am still 17 anyways. :)
But speaking just for myself, I know i've been like this since I even started having sex.

Yes lovley that will help :D also if your bf is younger they deffo tend to be more randy imo :D

#40 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:56 PM

Yes lovley that will help :D also if your bf is younger they deffo tend to be more randy imo :D

Well he's only 19 but if you meant younger than me lol then i'd have to tell you all of my boyfriends have always been 2 years (or more) older than me. :p
Once I had a friend who was 14 when I was 15, and he had feelings for me... but idk, it was just ridiculous. Just ridiculous.

#41 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:57 PM

Well he's only 19 but if you meant younger than me lol then i'd have to tell you all of my boyfriends have always been 2 years (or more) older than me. :p
Once I had a friend who was 14 when I was 15, and he had feelings for me... but idk, it was just ridiculous. Just ridiculous.

On no i meant young in general, doesnt have to younger than you! But you saying your 17 i presumed your bf was arround 17 - 19, and guys still kinda in puberty arround then, and sexual peak for males is like 20, so its all good. My ex got old i think XD ...26...

#42 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:03 PM

On no i meant young in general, doesnt have to younger than you! But you saying your 17 i presumed your bf was arround 17 - 19, and guys still kinda in puberty arround then, and sexual peak for males is like 20, so its all good. My ex got old i think XD ...26...

True, i'm pretty sure once we start aging our desires will die down quite a bit, lol. He doesn't even wanna live past 40.
But for now, it'sa sexy time all the time. ^___^

Edited by oreo12, 08 November 2010 - 07:03 PM.

#43 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:04 PM

True, i'm pretty sure once we start aging our desires will die down quite a bit, lol. He doesn't even wanna live past 40.
But for now, it'sa sexy time all the time. ^___^

Im jelous bitch ¬¬ lol

And what...why? o.O

Also Trich! Pm me if you wanna chat lovley, i been through some shit with guys too xx

#44 MsRose

MsRose
  • 664 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:09 PM

This topic makes me horny.

>_>

Edited by Eloquent, 08 November 2010 - 07:09 PM.

#45 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:11 PM

He just does not want to get old. Maybe that will change in the future, but i dunno. Honestly I don't really wanna live that long either.

#46 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:16 PM

Yay lets make Ms Rose worse!!!

Spoiler

Wow oreo, that seems really harsh! Who wants to die young? I mean ok, maybe not getting to 70, 80 and being old n having problems has its benefits but 40 is hella young!

#47 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:16 PM

He just does not want to get old. Maybe that will change in the future, but i dunno. Honestly I don't really wanna live that long either.

I don't want to get old either, but that's because I'm afraid of dying. I don't even really have any real goals or ambitions in life, but I'm terrified of the unknown. I'm turning 20 next month and I already feel like my life is getting closer to being over. Still, I definitely want to live a long life.

#48 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:17 PM

I don't want to get old either, but that's because I'm afraid of dying. I don't even really have any real goals or ambitions in life, but I'm terrified of the unknown. I'm turning 20 next month and I already feel like my life is getting closer to being over. Still, I definitely want to live a long life.

She pretty much summed it up. :)

#49 phalkon

phalkon
  • 2399 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:18 PM

i require it in my relationships.

#50 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:22 PM

i require it in my relationships.

Fascinating!