NeoFreaks Merger

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
79 replies to this topic

#26 Robert

Robert
  • 6934 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2004 - 07:23 AM

I don't really like the idea either but go ahead with it :p but I don't like the idea of having so much staff :) we have enough as it is :p so maybe have half of our staff and half of there's but this is are site they are comming in to so do what you want.

#27 Neo

Neo
  • 2032 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 07:32 AM

lol mods getting scared, :p I hope this isnt really I demonic plot to overthrow codex (which they could in theroy if they were admins!) :)

#28 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2004 - 07:34 AM

I don't really like the idea either but go ahead with it :) but I don't like the idea of having so much staff :p we have enough as it is :p so maybe have half of our staff and half of there's but this is are site they are comming in to so do what you want.

View Post

now now kai...u have to learn to share :p , I think that people just generally dont like change...but change can be good too...see the thing is...we are really understaffed right now...the mods, smods and admins we have right now are as follows (italics are inactive):
Admin: Shadowlink64, Hydrogen, Noitidart, TheWu, Hidden.Elf, AUS
Smods: Gri'm, Memikeos
Mods: krnsaber, X-factor, 113, icey defeat, ali, hohoman90, typhoon, valensin

theres prbly more that I just didnt mention...I did that off the top of my head...but we seriously need more staff...someone always has to be on just incase of things going down...  :p and plus...they bring in more members, their traffic as well as their awesome programming abilities...which we need...

we need to spicen up the deal for them...I just realize that were getting the bulk of the good things...they are just getting a community to run...hmm...ill need to add some spices to the mix... :)

lol mods getting scared, :p I hope this isnt really I demonic plot to overthrow codex (which they could in theroy if they were admins!) :p

we thought about that too...the thing is that in order for the merge to work, we need to trust everyone...as long as we do that, the merger will go smoothly...I have talked to these guys for about 4 or 5 days...and I can usually tell right away when talking with someone whether they are trustworthy or not... :) , I like them a lot. the merger should be a good decision for neocodex :)

#29 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2004 - 07:35 AM

Couldn't you just demote Ali? She doesn't want to be a mod anymore. And typhoon's incative because he's computers broke, and Valensin...is just useless (nah we luff her really)

Edited by Frizzeh, 16 September 2004 - 07:37 AM.

#30 Robert

Robert
  • 6934 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2004 - 07:40 AM

could you tell us which and who of there staff are doing?

and will I still be editor of the E-zine and owner of NU?

also will there be any of them coming in private members?

Edited by wjmroberst, 16 September 2004 - 07:42 AM.

#31 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2004 - 07:44 AM

could you tell us which and who of there staff are doing?

and will I still be editor of the E-zine and owner of NU?

also will there be any of them coming in private members?

View Post

we will put up a final list of all the changes to the staff in the staff area soon...were still working on finalizing it.

#32 Robert

Robert
  • 6934 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2004 - 07:45 AM

we will put up a final list of all the changes to the staff in the staff area soon...were still working on finalizing it.

View Post

ok then :) I will look out for it :p

#33 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2004 - 07:48 AM

One: 50% of us have never HEARD or SEEN "NeoFreaks"
Two: Do you trust these guys enough? I hope "Freaky" isnt the freaky who was a smod on Digibliss ages ago - He banned me, :)
Three: If we have three more administrators, that'll mean that there will be 9 (?) Admins. Jesus!
Four: Having so many mods on the team will dishearten other members, getting "Sorry, too many mods at the moment" All the ti'me.

#34 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2004 - 07:55 AM

One: 50% of us have never HEARD or SEEN "NeoFreaks"
Two: Do you trust these guys enough? I hope "Freaky" isnt the freaky who was a smod on Digibliss ages ago - He banned me, :p
Three: If we have three more administrators, that'll mean that there will be 9 (?) Admins. Jesus!
Four: Having so many mods on the team will dishearten other members, getting "Sorry, too many mods at the moment" All the ti'me.

View Post

1. even though you havent seen them before that doesnt mean that they arent worth your ti'me..you havent seen them because they came out when there were a lot of communities...they have the talent to be the best but had bad ti'ming...

2. I wouldnt go through with this if I didnt totally trust them...and yes...he is :p , but he hates digibliss as do antihero and ace :p

3. we are going to have a total of 7 administrators...all will be explained in the staff revamp list we release...were still waiting to get that finalized...

4. members get mod positions if we feel that they deserve it...thats how its always been done  :)

#35 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2004 - 07:58 AM

I know neofreaks, they were called neodoom, and Freaky was one of the safest admin around, I'd trust hi'm. Anti-hero is another cool person too.

#36 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2004 - 07:59 AM

Members do get mod positions, but if there are too many mods at the moment, it wont be suggested.

I just think that we shouldnt be jumping into something so fast, I mean, if they are that small that 50% have NOT heard of them, then what use would they be?? Fair enough, more members...but its the quality, not quantity. I just dont want to see codex get its hands burnt. They may rule the board in a COMPLETELY different way to you. You dont know, you just dont.

#37 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2004 - 08:00 AM

damn moreee millions of members :) o' well :p               :p

yaa Iv neva heard of em

Edited by Fatal, 16 September 2004 - 08:00 AM.

#38 Krnsaber

Krnsaber
  • 3583 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 08:01 AM

Of the "millions" of members we have at codex, only a handful are active :)

#39 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2004 - 08:02 AM

Fair enough. We have an option to "Prune" Yet it doesnt seem to be used often enough.

#40 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2004 - 08:03 AM

Why so negative? What's the worse that can happen, besides we haven't even seen Neofreaks reply, and the rules were si'milar to ours.

#41 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2004 - 08:04 AM

I'm not going to say whats gunna happen, iv talked to a few codex **ACTIVE** codex members so far, saying they dont want it either, so I'm not the only one

#42 Krnsaber

Krnsaber
  • 3583 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 08:05 AM

I have a feeling the merger will help codex...

#43 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2004 - 08:06 AM

well this prob. hurts the members to most, and the most active ones

#44 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2004 - 08:06 AM

Plus, it doesnt seem you are getting the opinion of the FORUM itself, only admins (as far as I know) Have voted on this. Shoudnt the members get a chance to voice their opinions, without being afraid the admins will whoop them for it?

#45 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2004 - 08:07 AM

Plus, it doesnt seem you are getting the opinion of the FORUM itself, only admins (as far as I know) Have voted on this. Shoudnt the members get a chance to voice their opinions, without being afraid the admins will whoop them for it?

View Post

yaa they should have a private and above voting if we want the merge too  :)

EDIT: this really sux0rs the lux0r

Edited by Fatal, 16 September 2004 - 08:08 AM.

#46 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2004 - 08:09 AM

Why only private and above? Don't members get rights?

#47 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2004 - 08:10 AM

No, a full ANY member vote, top priority. Any loyal codex member who likes codex how it is would want it to STAY as it is.

Krn, this has nothing to do with "Feelings", Its to do with "Doings". I'm really againgst this, we ought to get to know them a little more..this is worse than merging with 3vo..I mean, at least we know what 3vo is..

#48 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2004 - 08:11 AM

Most of us know what neofreaks is.

#49 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2004 - 08:15 AM