Photo

[Auto Players] Cellblock Auto Player

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
145 replies to this topic

#26 Faval

Faval
  • 637 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:44 AM

You should wait a little bit. An update is being uploaded now.

What's new in the update?

When I was watching it play, I noticed that at some points the script just let's the other guy win. That and I get random crashes.

Updated.
This might be a bug that only applies to me but if I go to debug and simulator while it's playing to see what's going on and then I close it, the app hangs.

Edited by Faval, 17 November 2010 - 07:21 AM.

#27 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:05 AM

Updated.
This might be a bug that only applies to me but if I go to debug and simulator while it's playing to see what's going on and then I close it, the app hangs.

This same thing happens to me. Upon closing the simulator window, it completely hangs the program.
It's telling me that it made a log file, however there isn't one to be found anywhere, otherwise I would post it up for you Kway. ;)

Other than that, since the update the program is much more efficient. I haven't lost a single round in two tournaments now, and the tournaments themselves take like 5-10 minutes a piece as opposed to 30-60 minutes before. I was also getting constant draw games before the update (which took forever to finish), and this has yet to happen as well.
I have one recommendation though. I would take a look at this petpage, and perhaps consider incorporating these moving patterns into the program.

http://www.neopets.com/~VelvetMoon

I'm not sure if they have the success rate of the one you pulled from DailyNeopets, but it wins the game in less moves and seems to work quite well for me. Great job though! :)

Edited by jaredennisclark, 17 November 2010 - 10:06 AM.

#28 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:14 AM

Other than that, since the update the program is much more efficient. I haven't lost a single round in two tournaments now, and the tournaments themselves take like 5-10 minutes a piece as opposed to 30-60 minutes before. I was also getting constant draw games before the update (which took forever to finish), and this has yet to happen as well.I have one recommendation though. I would take a look at this petpage, and perhaps consider incorporating these moving patterns into the program.http://www.neopets.com/~VelvetMoonI'm not sure if they have the success rate of the one you pulled from DailyNeopets, but it wins the game in less moves and seems to work quite well for me. Great job though! :)

Thanks, I have always used Daily Neopets' pattern so it was the only one I know and found it reliable. Until sending data to the site is up, there is no way to test which has a higher success rate at random during normal usage. I will start turning it into code so it is ready when I do want to put it in.

About the program crashing when the simulator window closes, it is one of the errors I've been trying to track down. Thank! ^_^

EDIT: Found the problem. I will fix it when I put in enough new features for an update.

Please give me suggestions on what else you want in the program.

#29 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:56 AM

Two more things I've noticed Kway.

First, it failed to notify me for the silver trophy.
And second, I've noticed that on Tournament 11 the program is unable to begin a new round with an opponent. It just hangs there when I press 'Start Playing Cellblock'. To get around this I've been manually logging in and challenging the new opponent, and then logging out and opening the program to let it do its thing. I'm not sure if this error is related to the one you mentioned you already found, so I thought I'd mention it.

EDIT: Would it be possible to add a feature to the program that takes a screenshot of the playing board when you are awarded the avatar? I think this would help tremendously in figuring out the 'secret' requirements.
Could this screenshot then be uploaded as a statistic to the Codex servers for you programmers/mods (or whoever) to analyze?

EDIT 2:

[12:08:13 PM] Stopped
[12:08:13 PM] Total Round Wins/Losses: 1/0
[12:08:13 PM] Total Match Wins/Losses/Ties: 7/1/3
[12:07:51 PM] You Win!!!
[12:06:59 PM] You won the Gold Trophy
[12:06:59 PM] Round and Tournament Won
[12:06:59 PM] You Win!!!
[12:04:37 PM] It's a draw
[12:02:22 PM] You Win!!!

Woot!

It notified me for the gold. I'm 100% sure that it didn't notify me on the silver though. I was watching the simulator/log the entire time.

Edited by jaredennisclark, 17 November 2010 - 12:12 PM.

#30 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:34 PM

And second, I've noticed that on Tournament 11 the program is unable to begin a new round with an opponent. It just hangs there when I press 'Start Playing Cellblock'. To get around this I've been manually logging in and challenging the new opponent, and then logging out and opening the program to let it do its thing. I'm not sure if this error is related to the one you mentioned you already found, so I thought I'd mention it.

EDIT: Would it be possible to add a feature to the program that takes a screenshot of the playing board when you are awarded the avatar? I think this would help tremendously in figuring out the 'secret' requirements.
Could this screenshot then be uploaded as a statistic to the Codex servers for you programmers/mods (or whoever) to analyze?

EDIT 2:

Woot!

It notified me for the gold. I'm 100% sure that it didn't notify me on the silver though. I was watching the simulator/log the entire time.

• I will look into why it isn't beginning a new round on Tournament 11 (and maybe later) but it might not matter much since this isn't completely ready to do Tournament 11. I will fix this in the next update.
  • I'm adding in more features for debugging and this will definitely be in there.
  • I just found the problem. The medal and silver trophy are gotten in the middle of a tournament but it only checks for trophies at the end of the tournament. This is a simple fix and will be in the next update.

#31 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:35 PM

EDIT 2:

Woot!

question, maybe its a stupid one but here goes...i thought this program wouldnt get you the gold trophy, since it would not complete tournament 11

or is it that there is no guarantee it will win at tournament 11, but it may, if you are willing to let it run and waste the NP?

#32 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:26 PM

question, maybe its a stupid one but here goes...i thought this program wouldnt get you the gold trophy, since it would not complete tournament 11

or is it that there is no guarantee it will win at tournament 11, but it may, if you are willing to let it run and waste the NP?

The program did a very nice job of getting me up to Tournament 11. After that, the playing algorithm doesn't seem quite as accurate. You'll see a lot of losses and drawn games. If you give it enough time and NP, you will get the gold.

#33 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:41 PM

The program did a very nice job of getting me up to Tournament 11. After that, the playing algorithm doesn't seem quite as accurate. You'll see a lot of losses and drawn games. If you give it enough time and NP, you will get the gold.

awesome i will keep running it then

#34 italkaboutoddthings

italkaboutoddthings
  • 139 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 06:38 PM

How long should i run this program? XD Possible ban if i run it longer than 1hour?

How long should i run this program? XD Possible ban if i run it longer than 1hour?

#35 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:54 PM

I ran it 6+ hours at a time, and I'm not frozen. That was pretty risky though.

You need to imagine that you're actually playing the game yourself. Would someone sit down and play cell block for an hour straight? Yes.
Would someone sit down and play cell-block for 6 hours straight? Doubtful.
Would someone sit down and play cell-block for 24 hours straight? Fuck no.

The more inhuman you seem, the more likely you are to get frozen.
You also need to keep your settings realistic. Don't have the program make a move once every second. Why not? Because it isn't human-like. This same reasoning applies to all our autoplayers.

Edited by jaredennisclark, 19 November 2010 - 07:55 PM.

#36 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:13 PM

You need to imagine that you're actually playing the game yourself. Would someone sit down and play cell block for an hour straight? Yes.

• Yes
  • Yes if I didn't have the avatar and Gold Trophy yet
  • 89% chance of no

#37 DragonX

DragonX
  • 455 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:36 PM

How long/ how much did it approximately take/cost for you guys to get the gold trophy using this program :p?

#38 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:18 PM

How long/ how much did it approximately take/cost for you guys to get the gold trophy using this program :p?

Currently unknown because I can't be responsible for whatever happens after Tournament 11 (but it did get me a Gold Trophy by only making its first move in the corner). Until I can be bothered to modify a copy of the current algorithm, it is all luck.

I also uploaded a little video on Youtube of what you can expect from the program with a small glimpse of the calculations made (for programmers' eyes only but it would look more attractive and legit this way). Parts 2 and 3 will be uploaded soon as well as the next version. Enjoy. Posted Image

#39 Tsunade

Tsunade
  • 676 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:51 PM

I'm having problems getting this program to start at all. I hit start playing and get

[08:46:15 PM] Playing Cellblock...

But have no further progress :crybaby:

#40 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:54 PM

I'm having problems getting this program to start at all. I hit start playing and get

[08:46:15 PM] Playing Cellblock...

But have no further progress :crybaby:

Did you already have a game started? If so you might want to try finishing that game first.

#41 Tsunade

Tsunade
  • 676 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:02 PM

Did you already have a game started? If so you might want to try finishing that game first.

Just checked and I have the challenge me option on the main page, so I'm assuming I have not started a game yet.

#42 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:35 AM

Just checked and I have the challenge me option on the main page, so I'm assuming I have not started a game yet.

Strange, do you get any error logs? Also, do you have enough np (the last version doesn't detect that)?

Somebody else said the program can't start a game after Tournament 10 but when I reached Tournament 11 and beyond, the program ran perfectly fine without changes.

EDIT: There is also a new version. This one will have all the html files and move them to a safe spot if it finds the avatar.

#43 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:43 AM

Wow! Epic. Great job with this.

Attached Files

#44 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2010 - 05:01 PM

Agreed, kweh did amazing on this AI.
And the visual of the game board is just so awesome. Amazing job programmers.

#45 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2010 - 05:32 PM

Got the Gold first time around. Lost 3 times (all 11 tournaments) and two draws on the final vex. Damn man. EXCELLENT PROGRAM

#46 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:28 PM

Nicely done Kway! People seem to like it. :thumbsup:

I look forward to working with you guys on more stuff once I'm done all of this school shit. :p

#47 Acheron

Acheron
  • 586 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 06:53 PM

I ran it 6+ hours at a time, and I'm not frozen. That was pretty risky though.

The more inhuman you seem, the more likely you are to get frozen.
You also need to keep your settings realistic. Don't have the program make a move once every second. Why not? Because it isn't human-like. This same reasoning applies to all our autoplayers.

So it isn't safe to use the wait 1-2 second? I changed it to 3-10 just to be safe.

#48 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2010 - 06:55 PM

So it isn't safe to use the wait 1-2 second? I changed it to 3-10 just to be safe.

Nah 1/2 was fine for me. I would say 2/4 maybe. 3/10 would take you a couple of days lol.

#49 Acheron

Acheron
  • 586 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:28 AM

Okay, this is really weird. The program worked fine for the past six tournaments but it kept losing or drawing on tourny seven. I watched the visual and the program kept playing the same moves in response to the computer's moves. Everyone reported amazing results so I guess I am just unlucky?

#50 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 11:33 AM

Sometimes it'll just happen. I know I was stuck on tournament 2, round 11 for a long time. It just kept losing - so I went in bat it and it's been working fine ever since.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users