Photo

New Hidden Tower Weapon

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#26 Powerrrr

Powerrrr
  • 955 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:09 PM

Give yourself a month or two and it won't seem quite as expensive anymore. ;)

What did they retire to make room for this?

Don't think they removed anything.

#27 aneoguy

aneoguy
  • 397 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:16 PM

ooo i would have easily been able to afford it but i fell victim to a CG

#28 Chase

Chase
  • 174 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:14 PM

taking a risk to get fully healed is worth it in my opinion. the odds arent really that bad tho, considering that this is a multi FULL healer/and multi freezer.

i'll probably get in once i hit 17mil.

#29 aneoguy

aneoguy
  • 397 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:15 PM

taking a risk to get fully healed is worth it in my opinion. the odds arent really that bad tho, considering that this is a multi FULL healer/and multi freezer.

i'll probably get in once i hit 17mil.

you need to consider buying advanced membership for abrosia. you make np soo much more faster

#30 Chase

Chase
  • 174 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:24 PM

you need to consider buying advanced membership for abrosia. you make np soo much more faster

haha. even with normal abrosia, i'm quite happy already.

furthermore, i do not AB reallly fast moving shops. i manually do those for the time being.

and this mini-conversation is off topic. lets move back to the weapon in question shall we?

#31 aneoguy

aneoguy
  • 397 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:29 PM

haha. even with normal abrosia, i'm quite happy already.

furthermore, i do not AB reallly fast moving shops. i manually do those for the time being.

and this mini-conversation is off topic. lets move back to the weapon in question shall we?

its still related because you want to save up in order to get this weapon which the topic is talking about lol

#32 flashraven

flashraven
  • 552 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:12 PM

its still related because you want to save up in order to get this weapon which the topic is talking about lol

i think he means that if you guys continue speaking about this, it will gradually be off topic.

anyway this weapon probably is a worthwhile investment imho. considering that it is a fraction of full freezers, and can multifreeze.

im guessing to let those BD people test the weapon and come back with more concrete statistics first.

#33 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:20 PM

I can't even remember the last time I bought a HT item...and my font changed

#34 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:37 PM

Someone talk me out of buying this!

#35 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:58 PM

Why you mad, bro?

#36 contour

contour
  • 201 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:09 PM

Here`s my IDB rating to the best i can. Please critique this if you can.

Power: 1.5 / 4.0
1P: 12 Icons or a Maximum of Twenty Icons. With possibility of not being able to attack each round. Weapons like Steaming Skeem Potion can satisfy the same amount of icons with a significantly lower cost. Although it has a major earth and physical attack, the combination of them both are dreadful and are just easily blocked, even though they come in massive amounts.

2P: Absolutely awful if it is used as an attacker in 2P battledome. To avoid the randomness, better to go with Wand of Reality or Bow of Destiny as your main attackers. Only about half of both attacks penetrate Ghostkershield OR Faerie Tabard.

Tactical: 3.5 / 4.0
1P: Amazing if you want to max out opponents and get the freeze and heals at the right time. With the only full multi-healer in neopets, and multiple freeze, it's very nice. With about a 30% Freeze OR Full Healing combined (10% freeze, 20% heal), this can really become a huge force in the battledome.

2P: A lot of randomness, although that isn't a bad thing. However, it even if it attacks, it isn't a terrible of an attack (and the opponent will not know which of the attacks is coming). If it heals or freezes, then you really have nothing to lose.
BUT if you want it to freeze or heal at a specific time, I wouldn't count on this.

Original Rating: 4.0
-1.0 Rating for Taking up a Healer and Freezer Spot
+1.0 Rating for being the only Full MultiHealer and Multiple Freezing as well
-0.25 Rating for doing nothing 15% of time (from unconfirmed sources on boards)
-0.25 for only having a mediocre attack 50% of the time (from unconfirmed sources on boards)
Net Sum: 2.0

Price: 1.0 / 1.0
Seriously, 17m is nothing for people on these forums.

Another Angle: 1.0 / 1.0
In the right situation with the right outcomes, this weapon wins.

Alternatives: Wand of the Dark Faerie, Illusens Staff, Slumberberry Potion, Bracelet of Kings, Ice Scorchstone, Ice Dice
Defence: Ghostkershield, Faerie Tabard.

FINAL RATING: 7.0 / 10.0

#37 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:19 PM

The earth and physical are easily blocked in 2p.
I think this is pretty good for 1p and anyone that is I would say over L12 should definitely jump for this. I think hp 350+ is good enough for this.

That's a real good rating you got there contour you should submit it to idb. Why is ice scorchstone an alternative? That doesn't multi heal.

#38 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:15 PM

I've been abing on and off for a few months and i dont even have 20 million yet :p

#39 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:40 PM

I've been abing on and off for a few months and i dont even have 20 million yet :p

Neither do I.

#40 Octestor

Octestor
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:26 PM

WEAK
I WILL USE A PCC TO BEAT IT

#41 equitatus

equitatus
  • 269 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 06:57 AM

lol very lame indeed

#42 Acheron

Acheron
  • 586 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 07:47 AM

lol very lame indeed

Do you not read? Why is multi healing/freezing lame? This is fantastic at a high hp and even before that, it is still a good tertiary weapon.

#43 Chobo

Chobo
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:00 AM

what this weapon truly does is allow poor battlers who cant afford wodf or istaff to become quite powerful in 1p battling as long as they have a high hp pet (most likely through labbing). for league battlers in such high leagues, they will most likely already have an istaff/wodf if they even trained that far. this could be useful in league 24 fights where battlers have like 4k+ hp and can risk using this for many turns to get multifreeze/multi heal. however its not always necessary to pair it with wodf/istaff because you're gonna lose in turns of damage since those high leaguers will PROBABLY have at least a GoW or gsword most likely some of the pea series.

its banned in the recent ai3 tourney for leagues 9 and under, but i wouldnt use it in any league 10-23, and not even 24 unless my hp is HUGE. (but as i said, by that time i expect to have acquired an istaff/wodf already) it sucks in 10-23 because you really dont want to take a 1/8th chance to heal or freeze randomly.

as with contour's rating, i dont see how you say wor/bod is better for 2p when at 17 mill you can afford ht stuff: kbt/pcc/sos ? and also even the flaming blooble potion/sroomfruit/vial series is wya better in terms of price/# of icons as long as your opponent has some int

i'd switch the power rating with the tactical rating because this is very powerful, but not very tactical, you are just gonna have to keep using it and hope you get lucky, the power to chain freeze/multi heal makes much more sense
your alterneative suggestions are decent, but for defenses: why would you shield against a low chance of icons and weak # of icons when you can just hit for more? you're gonna feel stupid when you shield and they freeze you. defense/countermeasure: just outdamage the SoL user and time your freezing/healing better. use things like sos/kbt/pcc to outicon and then if they keep spamming sol hoping for a heal, calculate your max hit potential and freeze em b4 they can get a heal in and bomb em.

#44 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:04 AM

Quality post chobo like what I'm seeing. Keep it up!
I think SOL is mainly good for 1p.

#45 Dreww

Dreww
  • 552 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:02 PM

what this weapon truly does is allow poor battlers who cant afford wodf or istaff to become quite powerful in 1p battling as long as they have a high hp pet (most likely through labbing). for league battlers in such high leagues, they will most likely already have an istaff/wodf if they even trained that far. this could be useful in league 24 fights where battlers have like 4k+ hp and can risk using this for many turns to get multifreeze/multi heal. however its not always necessary to pair it with wodf/istaff because you're gonna lose in turns of damage since those high leaguers will PROBABLY have at least a GoW or gsword most likely some of the pea series.

its banned in the recent ai3 tourney for leagues 9 and under, but i wouldnt use it in any league 10-23, and not even 24 unless my hp is HUGE. (but as i said, by that time i expect to have acquired an istaff/wodf already) it sucks in 10-23 because you really dont want to take a 1/8th chance to heal or freeze randomly.

as with contour's rating, i dont see how you say wor/bod is better for 2p when at 17 mill you can afford ht stuff: kbt/pcc/sos ? and also even the flaming blooble potion/sroomfruit/vial series is wya better in terms of price/# of icons as long as your opponent has some int

i'd switch the power rating with the tactical rating because this is very powerful, but not very tactical, you are just gonna have to keep using it and hope you get lucky, the power to chain freeze/multi heal makes much more sense
your alterneative suggestions are decent, but for defenses: why would you shield against a low chance of icons and weak # of icons when you can just hit for more? you're gonna feel stupid when you shield and they freeze you. defense/countermeasure: just outdamage the SoL user and time your freezing/healing better. use things like sos/kbt/pcc to outicon and then if they keep spamming sol hoping for a heal, calculate your max hit potential and freeze em b4 they can get a heal in and bomb em.

I'd have to agree with you on the uses for this one, but even more situational than that. IDB says full heal/freeze are a 12.5% chance each, which means you can expect roughly a heal and a freeze every 8 turns, with the other 6 turns doing weak attacks. If you're fighting someone that does 40+ icons per turn, you'll be subjecting yourself to anywhere between 30 to 150 icon disadvantage over 6 turns. So to justify the gamble tendency of this weapon, I would save it for dual-pea opponents, then pair it with PCH or Ultra Dual Shovel.

#46 1337ccy

1337ccy
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:47 PM

I think this weapon is good when your pet has 1000hp+

as you can see,there are 12,5% chance of being full healed and freeze the opponent.

It will be awesome if you freeze opponent every 8 rounds and you can attack him with your strongest weapons

And you can full heal yourself every 8 round.you can also use faerie ability if your pet is in low hp

It is like your pet is unbeatable if your pet has 1000hp+

It is good for both 1p and 2p I think

It can save the space for freezer and healer and you can put other good weapons for replacing them.So you can have more choices of attacking.

Edited by 1337ccy, 14 January 2011 - 07:49 PM.

#47 TheDealer

TheDealer
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:08 PM

Same question, have they retired something?

#48 Guest_Marshmallow_*

Guest_Marshmallow_*

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:11 PM

I'm not sure if this would be good enough to empty your freezer/healer spots...the chances aren't exactly that good.
but it does depend on your pets stats. I think it's better the higher your HP and the worse your opponents are. lol
I do think it's nice weap though.

thedealer, I don't think they retired anything when releasing this. but I'm sure the BD Chat/google would know. I didn't see anyone in this thread post if it did. I just noticed others asking the question too.

#49 tim513

tim513
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:45 PM

looks kinda lame :/

#50 Connery

Connery
  • 535 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:08 PM

looks kinda lame :/

Posted Image

Edited by Connery, 11 February 2011 - 09:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users