Photo

Making your account look a little more legit

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 fruityone

fruityone
  • 346 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:17 AM

This is mainly for shell accounts, because I have stumbled upon many users from the tp or sw who have huge shops but otherwise zilch on their account.

1- Customisation.

Customising your pets makes it look like you actually care about those little pixels, whether you do or don't.

List of cheap wearbles from Jellyneo

Try and have some kind of theme, for example all christmas items or all flowery items. This will make it seem like you put some effort into customisation than a 2 minute mish-mash of random crap thrown on.

2- User lookups.

Slap a premade onto your userlookup and add a little introduction, such as 'Hi, my name is Neocodexrocks, but you can call me Code. I like cheese toasties and aishas. If you want to be my neofriend, neomail me!'

Perhaps mention any possible 'siblings' or 'friends' with a link if you have more than one main on one IP to make it look like the accounts are not only owned by you.

Premades-
http://www.neopets.c...om/~avalonseric
http://billopan.com/...userlookups.php
http://www.sunnyneo.com/lookups.php
http://www.thegraphi...okups/holidays/

3- Pet lookups and pages

Most people don't care as much about petpages as they do about the pet's userlookup, so a little attention to that area is wise.

A couple of popular places for premades-
http://sunnyneo.com/petlookups.php
http://www.thegraphicbin.com/petpage/
http://www.neopets.c...iftingpremadesx
http://www.billopan..../petlookups.php

Alternatively, pop 'neopets premade lookups' into google.

Add a sentence or two of your own too. Make sure it is sappy/overdramatic, with lots of smilies. That sort of stuff is food for the legit neopets player, and will make them think of you as one of their own.
An example would be 'Puffyprincesscakiefairy is a princess from Shenkuu who is royalty by day, and a powerful fairy by night!!! She is my ultimate dreamie and she's never UFT/UFA!! ^_^ I luffs her, but you're welcome to look. Kthnxbai X' Have a bucket nearby for the puking session that will result from writing this kind of prose.

4- Do main-type stuff on your shell

Such as collecting the free NC items they sometimes give out, training your pet for free on it's pet day, dailies, doing a couple of plot steps to get the basic trophy, a handful of games in the DD and GMC, etc. It doesn't have to be the top tier level of participation, but what kind of legit player does't participate in events at all, yet RS's for hours a day?

5- Trophies, stamps and avatars

Get all the clickable avatars and make one of them your active one, instead of default. Default avatar looks really unlegit on a very active account.

Some trophies such as cellblock, snow wars, gogogo or cheat are very easy to get and most can be autoplayed by programs here at codex. Also, optional, are 'tied trophy scores' and can be SS'd without review. The silver or bronze mystery pic and lenny conundrum trophies are very easy to get with the help of codex, and you should have at least 10 easy trophies with no effort.

There's a bunch of 1np stamps from keyquest to chuck into the stamp album to give the appearance of a more well rounded account also.

I estimate all this to take about 10 minutes, 15 tops. TNT may not be fooled (who knows?) but this could at least make players hesistate before reporting what is otherwise an obvious shell account.

6- Neoboards and neofriends

Caution- to prevent loss or impairment of vision, it is advisable to turn off font effects in the 'preferences' dropdown before entering neoboards. This is a fast way of picking up news, makes your account seem legit and a chance to pick up neofriends. From posting a little on the boards you will probably recieve at least one neofriend request a week. Most of these people never want to talk to you again, strangely, so go ahead an accept these if you want.

Fonts- most board users have a font, and the point is to try and fit in with the crowd in order to look legit so you may want to grab a font.

Premade fonts-
http://www.sunnyneo....atars/basic.php
http://www.jellyneo....fonts&id=browse

7- Gallery

A jelly or snowball themed gallery costs next to nothing, and shows that you do things on neopets that don't involve making np as well.

Again, this is mosly common sense, but common sense ain't so common anymore. As a person with numerous 'brothers' and 'sisters' and 'cousins' and 'best friends' sharing my computer, I've never got frozen despite having 50-60 active accounts on one proxy, the 20 minutes or so to make your accounts look legit could pay. Happy cheating.

#2 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:50 AM

Again, this is mosly common sense, but common sense ain't so common anymore. As a person with numerous 'brothers' and 'sisters' and 'cousins' and 'best friends' sharing my computer, I've never got frozen despite having 50-60 active accounts on one proxy, the 20 minutes or so to make your accounts look legit could pay. Happy cheating.

If common sense isn't common anymore then was this common sense in the first place? hmm...

#3 Larry008

Larry008
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:10 PM

whats the use of having an account if its not gonna be used?

#4 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:12 AM

I like this topic/guide. Thanks fruit.

#5 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:17 PM

Lol, all this says is play the game, do 'main-like things' and be social. If this is a helpful topic then I'm voting iArgue for President.

#6 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:31 PM

What he said.. LOL

If common sense isn't common anymore then was this common sense in the first place? hmm...

#7 fruityone

fruityone
  • 346 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:42 AM

Lol, all this says is play the game, do 'main-like things' and be social. If this is a helpful topic then I'm voting iArgue for President.

There's loads of obvious shell accounts out there, so some people don't get the message. Also, I think links make the process faster.

iArgue would make a wonderful President, so I'll take that as a compliment.

#8 Barophobia

Barophobia
  • 612 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:09 AM

Well despite how much you try and fool TNT into thinking you're playing legit and arent a shell, they'd probably still hunt you down. (esp if youre using proxies and shit.)

#9 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 01:46 PM

There's loads of obvious shell accounts out there, so some people don't get the message. Also, I think links make the process faster.

iArgue would make a wonderful President, so I'll take that as a compliment.

There's loads of shells out there because some people don't play and really don't care. Your topic is 'Making your account look a little more legit'. In the subject, you write 'play the game'. The links don't make it easier... if you play Neopets you're going to know everything. Plus in one of your steps it says 'Google Premade Neopets Lookups'. Well herp derp.

I'm sorry, this is a horrible attempt at a guide. And it's merely reinforced by your comment about iargue.

#10 fruityone

fruityone
  • 346 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:04 AM

There's loads of shells out there because some people don't play and really don't care. Your topic is 'Making your account look a little more legit'. In the subject, you write 'play the game'. The links don't make it easier... if you play Neopets you're going to know everything. Plus in one of your steps it says 'Google Premade Neopets Lookups'. Well herp derp.

I'm sorry, this is a horrible attempt at a guide. And it's merely reinforced by your comment about iargue.

Okay, how do you suggest I make it better? If you think this guide is so fail no redemption is possible, pm the mods to have it removed.

What do you have against President iargue anyway :(

#11 SatansCamaro

SatansCamaro
  • 553 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:37 AM

Good ideas, but already do all of that stuff. I feel so smart!!!!

#12 Fenglin

Fenglin
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:13 AM

If you get frozen under one acc on the same ip does the rest get frozen as well?

#13 Philly

Philly
  • 402 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:43 AM

If you get frozen under one acc on the same ip does the rest get frozen as well?

Can happen, yeah. Depends on if the other accounts have commited the same offense or if they belong to the same player.

#14 Fenglin

Fenglin
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:21 PM

So removing neofriend change email help?

#15 equitatus

equitatus
  • 269 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:44 PM

These will no doubt disguise a cheating account on a brief look....
But if tnt feels your cheating and they take a closer look.....all the nicely decorated petpages in the world wouldn't cover up some shoddy transaction of items and np...

But this guide is good for slipping under the radar nevertheless....but once TNT suspects you i think it's pretty much freezing time..

#16 Propitiatory

Propitiatory
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:10 AM

once TNT suspects you i think it's pretty much freezing time..

===

Posted Image

#17 mizu100

mizu100
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:48 PM

i wonder if this actually helps. my abing account looks pretty similar to my main LOL. main- 6.5 years old; ab account- 6 years old. i only played 10 games on my ab account no trophies and my main has played only 51 games and no trophies even though i really did try on that account O_o haha

#18 Aldy

Aldy
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:04 PM

Thanks for this guide, hope it works :)

#19 sdjaks

sdjaks
  • 140 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:19 PM

These are some good tips, thanks.

#20 AyaBrea

AyaBrea
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:25 AM

Yes indeed. you need more than this before you can cover your account

#21 AyoForYayo

AyoForYayo
  • 503 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:46 PM

it's not going to stop you from getting frozen

#22 Guest_jcrgirl_*

Guest_jcrgirl_*

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:50 PM

I think this is a smart thing to do on your shell account. In fact, I do this on my ABing account ^_^
It can't hurt to take the extra 20 minutes to make your account seem active. I know I won't fool TNT, but the chat boards really talk a lot of shit about players that obviously look like shell accounts. If you follow OP's steps, you can more safely navigate and sell AB'd items on the TP and pass them off as legitly obtained items. :p

#23 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:53 PM

Yea, I think this guide is prudent... Even if it is poorly constructed and half-assed.

I see so many people on TC with no avatars, basic color pets, no gallery, no neohome. You can't possibly play neopets and not stumble across at least one avatar.

#24 maruvott

maruvott
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:27 PM

LOVED this guide, very usefull, I didn't care about this, but now that you mention it... I will try really soon. thanks

#25 mlv

mlv
  • 112 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:45 AM

Talking about making our accounts more legit this are good things to try, I also don't buy only in one shop for a long time when I'm ABing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users