Photo

The Iron Thread

• Please log in to reply
352 replies to this topic

#351 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:28 PM

Just wondering for the people who actually do lower body...how often do you guys tend to wear the belt? If you do care to tell what kind of belt you wear? As for myself i usually just wear a belt when it comes to doing single reps, and usually take the belt off for the sets prior so i don't ignore the use of the cores.

#352 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:29 AM

Just wondering for the people who actually do lower body...how often do you guys tend to wear the belt? If you do care to tell what kind of belt you wear? As for myself i usually just wear a belt when it comes to doing single reps, and usually take the belt off for the sets prior so i don't ignore the use of the cores.

im squating 225 for 10 reps, and deadlifting 315 no problem. I think with proper form you shouldn't need it. how much are you lifting? Never tried doing 1rm however...

#353 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:37 AM

im squating 225 for 10 reps, and deadlifting 315 no problem. I think with proper form you shouldn't need it. how much are you lifting? Never tried doing 1rm however...

Doing ok so far. I've been more successful at doing front squats starting to rep 315 for 8 on it now. Usually for squat I go up to 615 for 1rep after about 6 sets or so. usually goes like 135,225,315,405,495,585, then i start putting thinking about how far I should go from there and do about 2-3 three single reps sets. The form is really hard to deal with when you have a shit ton of weight resting on your upperback, and creating all that stress towards your lower back and legs. The belt is def the safe way to go but I've seen alot of people who squat more then me without a belt.

Edited by dk8932, 26 January 2011 - 12:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users