The Iron Thread

• Please log in to reply
352 replies to this topic

#51 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:48 PM

Yea a friend of mine is taking that, he likes it. I just bought 3 more bottles of jack3d so I'm good for a while :D

The fuck? That's like, 3 months of servings :p

#52 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:52 PM

It was cheaper :p $70 for 3 bottles or $33 for one O_o

#53 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:53 PM

Yea a friend of mine is taking that, he likes it. I just bought 3 more bottles of jack3d so I'm good for a while :D

grape bubblegum is good but i heard that the rest taste like trash

whats ur fav

It was cheaper :p $70 for 3 bottles or $33 for one O_o

DUDE THATS A BODYBUILDING.COM DEAL DO YOU MISC/?!?!?!?!?!

#54 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:57 PM

grape bubblegum is good but i heard that the rest taste like trash

whats ur fav

DUDE THATS A BODYBUILDING.COM DEAL DO YOU MISC/?!?!?!?!?!

Cool story bro.

#55 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:02 PM

I've only ever gotten Grape Bubblegum, and it's not bad, it's got a unique taste though lol

#56 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:36 PM

Cool story bro.

aware.

#57 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:47 PM

Anyone here a miscer?

lmao

im haruharu on the bb.com as well

#58 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:04 PM

I just lurk I don't really post unless I need feedback on something.

#59 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:04 PM

#60 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:18 PM

Beach body is pretty stupid, I'm guessing p90x is the same

Does anyone know a good body weight routine that actually works out your upperbody besides chest/tris? Or am I going to have to cave and get a gym membership. And naturally no gyms list the actual prices. Just tacky shit like join with a friend and save 100$

#61 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:20 PM

never thought i would another miscer on a neopets based forum :p I dont blame you for not posting though, the quality of the threads have become very questionable lately.

#62 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:21 PM

never thought i would another miscer on a neopets based forum :p I dont blame you for not posting though, the quality of the threads have become very questionable lately.

I don't consider this a Neopets forum personally.
I haven't seriously played Neopets in years.

#63 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:24 PM

Beach body is pretty stupid, I'm guessing p90x is the same

Does anyone know a good body weight routine that actually works out your upperbody besides chest/tris? Or am I going to have to cave and get a gym membership

It is just simply more efficient if you can have added resistance besides your body weight.

A few I can think of off the top of my head

Deep Lunges, sit-ups, pull-ups, and calf raises ( good to do when you're washing dishes ).

#64 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:26 PM

Deep lunges = legs
Sit ups = abs
Pull ups = need other equipment
calf raises = legs

Ya I'm pretty sure the only way to get a decent all-over workout is to get a gym membership. Blargh

#65 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:32 PM

I don't consider this a Neopets forum personally.
I haven't seriously played Neopets in years.

I don't actually play neopets, I just utilize the lovely programs here to gain peanuts to pay subscription for Tibia. It's mostly a waste of time and power for me but I do find some sort of comfort comming home to a million items and monetary gains I have made without lifting a finger :D

Misc isn't exactly a bodybuilding section either, once in a while you'll find a real gem of a thread where the majority of posts arent " OP is a ph@ggot, cool story bro, negged, pics or gtfo, <insert misogynist comment here>"

Deep lunges = legs
Sit ups = abs
Pull ups = need other equipment
calf raises = legs

Ya I'm pretty sure the only way to get a decent all-over workout is to get a gym membership. Blargh

There is no contesting that choice :p With weights come unlimited options of techniques to target muscle groups. If you want a start up routine to help build some strength before you go back to your old routine check out rippetoe's

http://forum.bodybui...ad.php?t=712752

It's mainly to use compound movements to build overall strength. This is before you use advanced techniques that really require strict form and mind-muscle connection. Feel free to pm me any questions I am an open book of answers ( although I cannot guarantee the most correct answer )

#66 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:37 PM

I did SL for a couple months, then a couple months of SS and back to SL for a couple months

I know what I want to do, the issue is gym memberships are expensive and no gym wants to give away their price. Was hoping to dick around with beachbody or p90x for a couple months till I'm in the army and can use their gym but it's looking like a no go. Already saw about 5 beach body videos and its the same stupid shit looped over and over

#67 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:41 PM

I did SL for a couple months, then a couple months of SS and back to SL for a couple months

I know what I want to do, the issue is gym memberships are expensive and no gym wants to give away their price. Was hoping to dick around with beachbody or p90x for a couple months till I'm in the army and can use their gym but it's looking like a no go. Already saw about 5 beach body videos and its the same stupid shit looped over and over

God this is why I have to do a post-bachelors enrollment of some sort to continue the abuse of the insanely cheap rates on campus.

If my previous exercises are not enough than perhaps perusing google searching "calisthenics". You might be able to find a few workouts that you could include with your plan. And if gym memberships are really expensive, try Craigslist or something for a cheap set of weights. If you're willing to spend more you could try buying a set of bowflex. With that and a nice sized exercise ball you can really get a good sweat going before the army.

#68 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:47 PM

Thanks I'm perusing a couple sites that list calisthenics exercises now

Hopefully I can find some suitable routine for now

Also I've consulted the experts at misc

http://www.bodybuild...m/fun/wotw2.htm

Meh good enough

Thanks for using the word 'calisthenics', help me find this

Pullups/chinups will be problematic but I guess I'll figure something out
Gonna miss deadlifts

#69 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:55 PM

Thanks I'm perusing a couple sites that list calisthenics exercises now

Hopefully I can find some suitable routine for now

Also I've consulted the experts at misc

http://www.bodybuild...m/fun/wotw2.htm

Meh good enough

Thanks for using the word 'calisthenics', help me find this

Pullups/chinups will be problematic but I guess I'll figure something out
Gonna miss deadlifts

HAHAHA I am not missing deadlifts right now, my lower back is very sore from yesterdays session and I have to sit upright or suffer the pain. Do you know any stretches to help me?
Also, as an aternative to deadlifting is lifting your bed/couch off the ground. Make sure if you have hardwood floor you place cut tennis balls or a thick layer of fabric as to not harm the floor.

Proceed with your usual bent leg deadlft, however you will have to place about 2-3 yellowpages on each leg of the opposite end depending on how tall you are. This worked for me when I couldn't afford to pay for my membership prior to entering university. Need more resistance? just add whatever the hell you want on the bed/couch.

Edited by PeonYourLawn, 06 December 2010 - 09:56 PM.

#70 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:08 AM

No I don't know any stretches, sorry

And lolol at the deadlifting bed idea. That's really clever
How was your form though?

#71 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:03 PM

No I don't know any stretches, sorry

And lolol at the deadlifting bed idea. That's really clever
How was your form though?

you'll noticed during the movement you will still be able to hip your hips out at the end of the movement. I had to move my knees back just a bit like i was preparing for long jump. as always i just kept my back straight, shoulders out and my chin up.

I can bench a million weight things.
Totally.

I've never understood the urge to compare such an arbitrary statistic o.o

That's good because there is no comparing statistics here! Judging by your videos perhaps it's a good time to start to get in shape.

#72 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:26 PM

That's good because there is no comparing statistics here! Judging by your videos perhaps it's a good time to start to get in shape.

Can of worms man, can of worms

#73 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:36 PM

Can of worms man, can of worms

I just want to make sure he stays nice and healthy brah. An intellect like his would go to waste if he died before we even had a chance for cryogenics.

#74 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:39 PM

I just want to make sure he stays nice and healthy brah. An intellect like his would go to waste if he died before we even had a chance for cryogenics.

And this is where he'd say 'you mean cryonics' and then cue a long feud :p

#75 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:49 PM

And this is where he'd say 'you mean cryonics' and then cue a long feud :p

whoa whoa who said I wanted him to live that long? I just meant until we had cryogenic technology which was only.....a few decades ago

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users