Photo

Quote tattoo ideas?

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#1 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:53 AM

So, I turn 18 in less than two months, and obviously, i want a tattoo.
For the first, I plan on getting a sun with a crescent moon and stars inside.
Posted Image
Something very similar to this :p

Eventually, I want to get a quote tattoo. Trouble is, I need a quote. I AM IN THE PROCESS OF SEARCHING FOR SOMETHING I LIKE.
I like creepy things. Anything derived from Lewis Carroll stuff is good. :p (Please not the obvious "We're all mad here.") I'm not limiting this to just Lewis Carroll, he's just an example. Quotes similar to his are what I am looking for. ;) Any suggestions?

And yes, "It's a sick world, and i'm a happy girl." is already a candidate. ^__^

Edited by oreo12, 07 December 2010 - 07:56 AM.

#2 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:24 AM

Don't really see the point in getting a tattoo that someone suggests. :p Surely better to wait until you come across a quote yourself that actually means something?

#3 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:37 AM

Don't really see the point in getting a tattoo that someone suggests. :p Surely better to wait until you come across a quote yourself that actually means something?

lol EXACTLY what i was thinking ..

But either way, i like the quote 'You don't know what you're living for until you know what you would die for'. It was something to that effect. But it's not exactly 'creepy'..

edit: http://www.brainyquo...is_carroll.html
http://www.brainyquo...arro389152.html
http://www.goodreads...4.Lewis_Carroll

google ftw?

#4 Lineage

Lineage
  • 498 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:38 AM

Don't really see the point in getting a tattoo that someone suggests.

Couldn't agree more, and I have several tattoos myself.
Just please don't be the person that rushes off the instant they turn of age and get some horrible done/thoughtless tattoo.
Or shit that's trendy now and is going to get you laughed at later.

#5 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:45 AM

What's the difference? I'm not going to get it just because someone else suggests it. I'm seeing if I like anything that other people come up with.
Maybe something someone else has come across may suits my interests. Just maybe. -___-

Couldn't agree more, and I have several tattoos myself.
Just please don't be the person that rushes off the instant they turn of age and get some horrible done/thoughtless tattoo.
Or shit that's trendy now and is going to get you laughed at later.

Maybe I just have a short temper, but seriously guys? It's not a random spur of the moment "Oh hey, i'm 18 now, lets go get a tattoo." No swallows or cherry blossoms for me.
What is the fucking difference if I find a quote i like on google or in a book versus something someone posts on here?

Sorry for the bitchy-ness, but like I said, short temper. Please don't assume.

Edited by oreo12, 07 December 2010 - 07:48 AM.

#6 Lineage

Lineage
  • 498 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:46 AM

What's the difference? I'm not going to get it just because someone else suggests it. I'm seeing if I like anything that other people come up with.

Might cruise around here for ideas.

And quit getting defensive, it's a waste of time because no one is actually attacking you or purposely trying to offend you.

Edited by Lineage, 07 December 2010 - 07:49 AM.

#7 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:53 AM

Might cruise around here for ideas.

And quit getting defensive, it's a waste of time because no one is actually attacking you or purposely trying to offend you.

I'm going to be annoyed, waste of time or not. ;)
The purpose of this thread (in a nutshell) was to post creepy quotes if you know any, not to come in here and tell me what I already know.
(Don't get something you'll regret, don't get something just because you're 18, don't get something just because someone else suggests it)
A durr.

#8 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:54 AM

my friend is getting one that says

No one is free. Even birds are chained to the sky

Profound, or just depressing? O.o

#9 Lineage

Lineage
  • 498 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:59 AM

Not that I'd be able to find a picture of it now, but someone had one that I really liked it..

It read: " tu deviens responsable pour toujours de ce que tu as apprivoisé "
..which translates roughly to 'you remain responsible forever, for that which you have tamed'

#10 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:00 AM

I just find the idea of actively searching for tattoo ideas peculiar.

If you like things like Lewis Carroll, then reread some and see if a particular line grabs you. Something that's an interesting line for you may not be a very "quoteable" line and so nobody will ever suggest it.

I think tattoos should be 'I love that, I want that on me forever' not 'I think I want to get a tattoo done, oh what do I like". Otherwise I don't see how finding a quote you like in that context is any different to kids finding pictures of swallows or cherry blossoms they like.

It was a personal opinion, I was hardly planning on flying to wherever you live and forbidding you from getting anything done until it was the most meaningful thing possible, but congratulations on a massive overreaction.

Maybe just google quotes authors/bands/films you like, more likely to turn up something that actually interests you than we are...

#11 yoongguk

yoongguk
  • 534 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:05 AM

I quite like "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man"

Probably not what you're looking for, I like it though.

#12 Zacharus

Zacharus
  • 589 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:11 AM

I quite like "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man"

Probably not what you're looking for, I like it though.

That's.... disturbing? Who would castrate themselves?

#13 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:12 AM

I just find the idea of actively searching for tattoo ideas peculiar.

If you like things like Lewis Carroll, then reread some and see if a particular line grabs you. Something that's an interesting line for you may not be a very "quoteable" line and so nobody will ever suggest it.

I think tattoos should be 'I love that, I want that on me forever' not 'I think I want to get a tattoo done, oh what do I like". Otherwise I don't see how finding a quote you like in that context is any different to kids finding pictures of swallows or cherry blossoms they like.

It was a personal opinion, I was hardly planning on flying to wherever you live and forbidding you from getting anything done until it was the most meaningful thing possible, but congratulations on a massive overreaction.

Maybe just google quotes authors/bands/films you like, more likely to turn up something that actually interests you than we are...

This "overreaction" is how I show i'm annoyed when 3 people post the same obvious thing in a row, but whatever.
I don't think you're getting my point. I am in love with anything creepy. I want to eventually find a creepy quote, and have it as a tattoo. Say I never find this perfect quote, then I won't get the damn tattoo. Simple as that.
I already posted twice that i'm NOT getting a tattoo for the hell of it. I'm the most stubborn, pickiest person I know and i'm not about to go out and get something tattood on me forever just "because."

This is the last time i'm repeating this, I am simply looking for creepy quotes. -___-

#14 yoongguk

yoongguk
  • 534 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:20 AM

That's.... disturbing? Who would castrate themselves?

Haha. I believe its about the fact that it's often quite hard facing responsibilities and doing the 'right thing'. That's what I interoperate it as anyway. It's quite a famous quote.
^_^

#15 Zacharus

Zacharus
  • 589 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:25 AM

Haha. I believe its about the fact that it's often quite hard facing responsibilities and doing the 'right thing'. That's what I interoperate it as anyway. It's quite a famous quote.
^_^

Oh, ha :) I have to read up more on quotes, I barely know any

#16 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:27 AM

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.

#17 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:29 AM

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.

This is more along the lines of what i'm looking for. Thank you ;)

#18 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:35 AM

"It's better to burn out, than fade away!"
And then get a portrait of the Kurgan saying that.
Posted Image

Oh man. Now I'm giving myself brilliant ideas.

#19 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:18 AM

How about "The floor is just the biggest shelf"?

#20 Hurricane

Hurricane
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:34 AM

"We're all really fucking insignificant in the grand scheme of things"

#21 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:56 AM

"Every day sends future to past
Every step brings me closer to my last"

#22 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:20 AM

How about "The floor is just the biggest shelf"?

Hahahahaha this^

#23 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:33 AM

I've always enjoyed seeing quote tattoos in Latin. It just makes things seem a little more deep (granted, that's depending on what it actually says :p)

#24 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:40 AM

http://en.wikipedia....wer_back_tattoo

aka Tramp Stamp

You HAVE to get one because it will automatically make you 200% sexier, 300% sexier if you are already sexy. I mean what guy doesn't want to skeet skeet on some black wings or some shit.

edit: Oh and for a quote I guess you can use:

"Roses are red, violets are blue. YOU'RE A STINKY JEW"

Edited by Jake, 07 December 2010 - 11:43 AM.

#25 Lineage

Lineage
  • 498 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:26 PM

Chuck Palahniuk quotes might be up the alley you're looking for.
Read a few of his books back in the day, good stuff IMO.

http://www.goodreads...Chuck_Palahniuk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users