84 replies to this topic

#1 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:11 PM

Oh hai dere

so I'm doing the 30 day facebook photo challenge (where you post a specific photo based on the critera once everyday for 30 days)

ANYWAY: day 7 requires your most valued possession/item. And I don't mean monetary value; something that makes it valuable to you. I'm actually having trouble thinking of something. I don't collect anything, I don't own anything extremely valuable and I don't really have anything from a relationship/family member or anything :S

So I was just wondering what you guys' were. I'm not looking for ideas haha. I'm just curious

AND I HATE STUDYING AND THIS WILL HELP ME NOT KILL MYSELF

<3

#2 yoongguk

yoongguk
  • 534 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:22 PM

I was going to say my family before I finished reading your post.

Other than that, the degree I'm doing, I'm quite proud that I actually made it to university, and a good one at that.
I also really love a poster I have signed from the three main characters from the movie 'The Boondock Saints'.
And, I have a really old teddy I got when I 6 from Hong Kong that I love. It's falling to pieces now, but it has sentimental value.

That's a really hard question to answer! I doubt any of those things will help you :c

Edited by Girl, 09 December 2010 - 01:24 PM.

#3 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:22 PM

Either:
- my violin (which is the most valuable thing I own financially speaking)
- my engagement ring because it was in the Boy's family for years, it means more to him than it ever can me.
- Blood on the Tracks on vinyl. It was the one thing of my dad's I wanted more than anything when he died because it reminds me so much of my childhood.

#4 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:35 PM

an engagement ring: very awesome item. Sadly, I have nothing of the sort :p My friend made me origami once, that was kinda cool :p

My friend also got me an easy button which I love haha. Which some people have seen me press on tinychat.... xD

#5 Sammiantha

Sammiantha
  • 498 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:38 PM

My nan made me a jewellery box for my 21st birthday earlier this year, it's absolutely beautiful and means so much to me as she took a lot of time and care with it. Not worth anything money wise but priceless in sentimental value.

How cheesy do I sound!

#6 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:40 PM

I don't get sentimental items from my parents / grandparents D: They only buy me stuff like vidoe games and cars :( Assholes

j/k, they don't give me anything; they're Asian!

#7 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:59 PM

I inherited an upright piano from my grandmother when she died. I loves my piano.  

#8 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:09 PM

I guess I do have a necklace from my cousin: it was made of a small metal puzzle and when all 7 of us come together, the puzzle is complete. And we all have someon else's name on each piece.

Cept I lost mine
fuck

#9 yoongguk

yoongguk
  • 534 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:26 PM

I guess I do have a necklace from my cousin: it was made of a small metal puzzle and when all 7 of us come together, the puzzle is complete. And we all have someon else's name on each piece.

Cept I lost mine
fuck

That's an awesome idea! I might look into it :D

I have a ring that my aunt gave me on my 18th birthday. It doesn't really mean much to me now as I don't wear jewelry and I haven't had it for very long. But I can tell when I'm older I will really appreciate it.

#10 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:33 PM

My Diesel peacoat, i will definitely hand it down to my kid............20 or so years down the road. It's awesome!!!!!!!

#11 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:35 PM

Dear god, I hope you never breed.

#12 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:37 PM

Moe. Moe is my stuffed animal. I usually dislike stuffed animals, but moe is MY stuffed animal. He got me through more then any person ever has. .. and i have a best friend of 11 years.

#13 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:37 PM

I used to have a button collection that I stored in a holographic kleenex box that I would always look at with my grandmother. Now that she's no longer here and I am much older, it's a nice thing to remind me of when I was a kid. Also, pokemon cards ftw.

What's this challenge? I haven't seen anything to do with it on fb

#14 yoongguk

yoongguk
  • 534 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:41 PM

I used to have a button collection that I stored in a holographic kleenex box that I would always look at with my grandmother. Now that she's no longer here and I am much older, it's a nice thing to remind me of when I was a kid. Also, pokemon cards ftw.

What's this challenge? I haven't seen anything to do with it on fb

I had at least 2 copies of every single pokemon card out there (just the original ones). When we were moving to Australia I asked my grandmother to keep them in her attic and to definitely not throw them out.

When we came home 2 years later I asked for them... She threw them out.

Edited by Girl, 09 December 2010 - 04:42 PM.

#15 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:44 PM

I had at least 2 copies of every single pokemon card out there (just the original ones). When we were moving to Australia I asked my grandmother to keep them in her attic and to definitely not throw them out.

When we came home 2 years later I asked for them... She threw them out.

That sucks so hard it's not even funny. Both for sentimental and monetary value you lost out on a bunch. Looking at old pokemon cards is so wonderful and if you had like an old charizard, they fetch a bunch of money.

#16 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:48 PM

That sucks so hard it's not even funny. Both for sentimental and monetary value you lost out on a bunch. Looking at old pokemon cards is so wonderful and if you had like an old charizard, they fetch a bunch of money.

Haha! My friend has the first edition charizard as well. It makes us nostalgia hard thinking back to the day where you were instantly a celebrity on the playground if you had one

#17 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:50 PM

Haha! My friend has the first edition charizard as well. It makes us nostalgia hard thinking back to the day where you were instantly a celebrity on the playground if you had one

Don't those fetch like upwards of 100 bucks?

#18 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:50 PM

"that card is worth a HUNDRED DOLLARS! That's so much money!"
-Us when we were 5

#19 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:51 PM

"that card is worth a HUNDRED DOLLARS! That's so much money!"
-Us when we were 5

LOL!! I'd rep but i can't. :(

#20 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:51 PM

Dear god, I hope you never breed.

XD And so do the rest of my ex's. But I have to tell you the quality is phenomenal, and it's very stylish!

#21 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:53 PM

XD And so do the rest of my ex's. But I have to tell you the quality is phenomenal, and it's very stylish!

I have yet to see a guy wearing one without looking gay

Not that that's bad, just sayin' yo.

#22 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:56 PM

I have yet to see a guy wearing one without looking gay

Not that that's bad, just sayin' yo.

I've seen maybe 1 person wearing a peacoat that didn't look gay or like a poser (under the age of 21 or so). I see plenty of older adults wearing it and they just look like old people wearing it :)

Edited by DenyingSystems, 09 December 2010 - 04:56 PM.

#23 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:57 PM

I've seen maybe 1 person wearing a peacoat that didn't look gay or like a poser (under the age of 21 or so). I see plenty of older adults wearing it and they just look like old people wearing it :)

My number is still 0. Even my friends who I know are straight, I question their sexuality/judgment for wearing one.

and your second half made me laugh xD rep for you

#24 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:00 PM

My number is still 0. Even my friends who I know are straight, I question their sexuality/judgment for wearing one.

and your second half made me laugh xD rep for you

My numer is still 1, but it's borderline since the person who wears it is black and I don't know any gay black people so it's hard to tell, not to sound like a racist asshole or anything...

#25 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:04 PM

My numer is still 1, but it's borderline since the person who wears it is black and I don't know any gay black people so it's hard to tell, not to sound like a racist asshole or anything...

haha well I guess I don't know any black people would be the reason. I guess that makes me racist too. Oh well.

I think british people can pull them off. I wonder if we can get Sweeney in one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users