Photo

Miley Cyrus smoking salvia

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#51 Notorious

Notorious
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:01 PM

Wait.. I thought she was smoking marijuana.
The video definitely makes it look like weed ;)

I would rather see her smoking weed than some generic herb shit - at least marijuana is 100% natural. :p

I didn't know that salvia shit was still legal, its been illegal in ohio for at least a couple years now...

K-2 anyone? :p

Weed should be legal, but that's a completely different subject.. :p

#52 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:08 PM

So let me get this straight, this drug is legal..

But will give one a slight feeling of happiness and a case of giggles?

From what i've heard, it basically makes you retarded for 10 to 15 minutes. -___-

#53 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:14 PM

From what i've heard, it basically makes you retarded for 10 to 15 minutes. -___-

My experience is that it does something different for everybody. One friend of ours thought everyone had gigantic eyes and was freaking out about it

#54 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:15 PM

But freal, it would be so annoying to smoke with her. :(
Just shut up Miley.

#55 Notorious

Notorious
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:18 PM

Hey at least shes just smoking salvia.
Who wasnt getting beer bought for them when they were 15? cmon kids are getting smashed and shes rolling around for 5 minutes. :p

Theyre attempting to make her look like the next L.L ,

not so much ;)

I cant stand the kid but srsly, its nothing big people . :p

#56 yoongguk

yoongguk
  • 534 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:31 PM

Slight? It made me deliriously happy with the biggest fit of laughing I've ever had in my life. Wiki explains it pretty clearly here. I quite liked it :)

#57 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:36 PM

That is so random, I thought she was actually smoking her own saliva or something!
But I guess everything gets blown up when one is famous even for the most ridiculous things..

TWO DAYS LATER...

Okay I just heard this on the radio this morning..
I think I might be slightly dyslexic but I just realized it is salvia not saliva O_o

You're fucking retarded. How about that? 

#58 yoongguk

yoongguk
  • 534 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:39 PM

My experience is that it does something different for everybody. One friend of ours thought everyone had gigantic eyes and was freaking out about it

Most of my circle of friends tried it, and all but one had a bad time on it. She got the big eyes you were talking about, and she started shouting gibberish and screaming. When she came off it we asked her what it was like and she said she thought the sky was falling and she was going to die :/
Everyone else just couldn't stop laughing and had shit eating grins on their faces :D

TWO DAYS LATER...

You're fucking retarded. How about that?

Lol, +reppin'

#59 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:21 PM

Yeh, that's pretty much it. For me 10 mins of total and utter confusion.

#60 Gambit

Gambit
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 08:16 PM

It's probably weed. They're just saying it's Salvia to save face. Such a disappointment though. She couldn't even clear it. <_<

#61 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2010 - 08:16 PM

It's probably weed. They're just saying it's Salvia to save face. Such a disappointment though. She couldn't even clear it. <_<

Most people can't their first time from my experience.

#62 Gambit

Gambit
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 08:20 PM

Even first-timers can clear it. They just can't hold it in. Besides, singers are suppose to have strong lungs. Regardless if they're good singers or not. haha

#63 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2010 - 08:25 PM

Even first-timers can clear it. They just can't hold it in. Besides, singers are suppose to have strong lungs. Regardless if they're good singers or not. haha

lol good point

#64 ilovepolkadots

ilovepolkadots
  • 724 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 08:29 PM

hulu had this - i think E! or whatever that show is covered it
at least she's happy

weed, salvia, and the like are not my drug of choice
but to each their own

maybe the bong confused her

#65 Seaner

Seaner
  • 487 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 08:31 PM

Legal in most states, and all of Canada (no sale to minors).

You'll generally trip harder if you smoke/chew enough, but yeah giggles is the norm.

#66 Whyumad

Whyumad
  • 457 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:39 PM

HAHAHHAHAHAHAH
sorry.
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA
that sounds terrible, but maybe it'll at least feel like the world is a better place for 15 minutes? :drool:

#67 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:03 PM

*sigh*

I can see that this Miley video is going to get a shit ton of people to try salvia and if any of them smoke it properly (which most probably wont...) they are in for one hellishly intense ride. I'd compare a full Salvia experience to have the strength of 4+ hits of LSD... More akin to DMT in nature (at least in the regard that it blasts you entirely out of reality and into a different construct, at high enough dosages).

For anyone with interest in Salvia, I suggest highly that you use the link that Bryan provided of erowid's salvia vault. Salvia is certainly not a light drug that is forgiving. I am someone who has a LOT of experience with psychedelic drugs, (Tripped in the 500-1000 times range...) and I do not take salvia lightly. I treat it with as much respect as I treat DMT, if not more, honestly. You should seriously do your research on this plant and especially the extract and it's potency (which is what you'd most likely be able to buy at a headshop)

Here are levels of how hard you are tripping. (note that the genus did was not named after these effects, but rather this effects list was made to be remembered.)

Level - 1 S stands for SUBTLE effects.
Level - 2 A stands for ALTERED perception.
Level - 3 L stands for LIGHT visionary state.
Level - 4 V stands for VIVID visionary state.
Level - 5 I stands for IMMATERIAL existence.
Level - 6 A stands for AMNESIC effects

Most people do not realize that to smoke salvia extract successfully, you should use a butane lighter instead of a traditional lighter. A butane lighter allows the leaves to reach combustion and the salvinorium A (sp?) to be smoked. Warning, the smoke will taste like total ass. 1 SOLID hit of salvia extract should be enough. Just inhale deeply and hold the smoke as long as you can (30 seconds is ideal). 20x+ is unnecessary, tbh... but it is what I have always used. NOTE: This means that for every 1 oz of this extract, there is 20 ounces of salvia that has been compressed and reduced into it. 10x = 10x the labeled weight, etc. 1 large hit + holding smoke + butane lighter == real salvia trip.

Now I am not necessarily advocating that you folks go out and try salvia. It is an herb that has been used spiritually by shamans for thousands of years and truthfully should be held with the utmost respect.

To close, I'll tell you two salvia experiences... my first.. and a friends first. (I'm going to try to summarize instead of giving full blown trip reports for times sake)

My first salvia experience. 20x extract in a short pipe using a butane lighter. Laying on a bed in a pitch black room with two close friends to watch over me. I hit the lighter and my friend hits play on my musical selection. Jefferson Airplane's "White Rabbit". I hold in the foul smoke as long as I could stand and place the pipe down. I notice white lights emanating from the corners of the room. They begin to move up and back past my head with growing speed. Suddenly, I find myself in a garden... I realize that Salvia is actually a goddess and that by smoking her herb, I have made contact with her. She was a very maternal and caring goddess who truly loved me... but rules are rules, and I had violated them by breaking into her kingdom without proper preparation spiritually. So as a motherly figure, she told me to run... and sent the Queen of Hearts and her minions to come and kill me. I ran through a maze of 12 ft. high shrubs for what seemed to be an eternity before coming to. I was told that all I did was laugh hysterically... and my cheeks certainly were sore from the 10 minutes of solid laughing... but I gained a solid respect for mother salvia after that experience.

My female friends first time wasn't nearly as pleasant. She actually smoked it with some other friends and they had to call me to come and help her through her bad trip... because she couldn't stop crying and screaming and had locked herself in a closet... She said she had made it to the spirit world and was communicating with her grandfather... but she was scared to death that she had died from smoking it and couldn't bear the grief that she must have caused her family by dying from drugs. It took me an hour to calm her down... and her resounding message was that she had wished she had treated it with the respect it deserved and not as a pot replacement (as she is a huge pothead).

I'm done rambling... but my ultimate point is that salvia isn't some herb that is used to get the giggles... you may get the giggles, but it's only because you are unable to speak English any more... the world has become so bizarre that the only thing you can do is laugh in fear/amazement/amusement. Sometimes you may even experience "Salvia Gravity"... which is as if you feel a strong pull to a different direction than what we normally are pulled to (the earth).

Basically, just be informed if you do decide to try Salvia, and don't just expect to get the giggles like Miley did... In fact, I don't think I know anyone/have given anyone salvia who found the experience enjoyable... AT ALL. Most found it bizarre and even terrifying at times... but no one has said it was "fun". Most who went into it properly did appreciate the new perspective they had gained... but it was in no means a fun experience.

That's my $.02

gl hf tc :p

PLUR
Cody

I actually read all that and I have seen many videos on salvia hits. I never use drugs except for once or twice to experiment. They never seem to work on, neither do stimulants like caffieine. Im wondering if this feels like watching a good movie ( like avatar or how to train your dragon) for the first time. I really love that feeling of freedom and adventure...haha not that I am really reall interested in salvia

#68 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:07 PM

(actually read this)

oh hey Cody I remember you!

I actually read all that and I have seen many videos on salvia hits. I never use drugs except for once or twice to experiment. They never seem to work on, neither do stimulants like caffieine. Im wondering if this feels like watching a good movie ( like avatar or how to train your dragon) for the first time. I really love that feeling of freedom and adventure...haha not that I am really reall interested in salvia

Well they aren't really comparable to the feeling of a good movie. If it was explainable then there wouldn't be so much hype around them. I don't advise anyone try them as once you do it makes you curious about other 'drugs'. Not calling them gateways really, just more reasons to become curious.

#69 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:13 PM

*sigh*

I can see that this Miley video is going to get a shit ton of people to try salvia and if any of them smoke it properly (which most probably wont...) they are in for one hellishly intense ride. I'd compare a full Salvia experience to have the strength of 4+ hits of LSD... More akin to DMT in nature (at least in the regard that it blasts you entirely out of reality and into a different construct, at high enough dosages).

For anyone with interest in Salvia, I suggest highly that you use the link that Bryan provided of erowid's salvia vault. Salvia is certainly not a light drug that is forgiving. I am someone who has a LOT of experience with psychedelic drugs, (Tripped in the 500-1000 times range...) and I do not take salvia lightly. I treat it with as much respect as I treat DMT, if not more, honestly. You should seriously do your research on this plant and especially the extract and it's potency (which is what you'd most likely be able to buy at a headshop)

Here are levels of how hard you are tripping. (note that the genus did was not named after these effects, but rather this effects list was made to be remembered.)

Level - 1 S stands for SUBTLE effects.
Level - 2 A stands for ALTERED perception.
Level - 3 L stands for LIGHT visionary state.
Level - 4 V stands for VIVID visionary state.
Level - 5 I stands for IMMATERIAL existence.
Level - 6 A stands for AMNESIC effects

Most people do not realize that to smoke salvia extract successfully, you should use a butane lighter instead of a traditional lighter. A butane lighter allows the leaves to reach combustion and the salvinorium A (sp?) to be smoked. Warning, the smoke will taste like total ass. 1 SOLID hit of salvia extract should be enough. Just inhale deeply and hold the smoke as long as you can (30 seconds is ideal). 20x+ is unnecessary, tbh... but it is what I have always used. NOTE: This means that for every 1 oz of this extract, there is 20 ounces of salvia that has been compressed and reduced into it. 10x = 10x the labeled weight, etc. 1 large hit + holding smoke + butane lighter == real salvia trip.

Now I am not necessarily advocating that you folks go out and try salvia. It is an herb that has been used spiritually by shamans for thousands of years and truthfully should be held with the utmost respect.

To close, I'll tell you two salvia experiences... my first.. and a friends first. (I'm going to try to summarize instead of giving full blown trip reports for times sake)

My first salvia experience. 20x extract in a short pipe using a butane lighter. Laying on a bed in a pitch black room with two close friends to watch over me. I hit the lighter and my friend hits play on my musical selection. Jefferson Airplane's "White Rabbit". I hold in the foul smoke as long as I could stand and place the pipe down. I notice white lights emanating from the corners of the room. They begin to move up and back past my head with growing speed. Suddenly, I find myself in a garden... I realize that Salvia is actually a goddess and that by smoking her herb, I have made contact with her. She was a very maternal and caring goddess who truly loved me... but rules are rules, and I had violated them by breaking into her kingdom without proper preparation spiritually. So as a motherly figure, she told me to run... and sent the Queen of Hearts and her minions to come and kill me. I ran through a maze of 12 ft. high shrubs for what seemed to be an eternity before coming to. I was told that all I did was laugh hysterically... and my cheeks certainly were sore from the 10 minutes of solid laughing... but I gained a solid respect for mother salvia after that experience.

My female friends first time wasn't nearly as pleasant. She actually smoked it with some other friends and they had to call me to come and help her through her bad trip... because she couldn't stop crying and screaming and had locked herself in a closet... She said she had made it to the spirit world and was communicating with her grandfather... but she was scared to death that she had died from smoking it and couldn't bear the grief that she must have caused her family by dying from drugs. It took me an hour to calm her down... and her resounding message was that she had wished she had treated it with the respect it deserved and not as a pot replacement (as she is a huge pothead).

I'm done rambling... but my ultimate point is that salvia isn't some herb that is used to get the giggles... you may get the giggles, but it's only because you are unable to speak English any more... the world has become so bizarre that the only thing you can do is laugh in fear/amazement/amusement. Sometimes you may even experience "Salvia Gravity"... which is as if you feel a strong pull to a different direction than what we normally are pulled to (the earth).

Basically, just be informed if you do decide to try Salvia, and don't just expect to get the giggles like Miley did... In fact, I don't think I know anyone/have given anyone salvia who found the experience enjoyable... AT ALL. Most found it bizarre and even terrifying at times... but no one has said it was "fun". Most who went into it properly did appreciate the new perspective they had gained... but it was in no means a fun experience.

That's my $.02

gl hf tc :p

PLUR
Cody

#70 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:29 PM

Ok seriously posting the same thing twice should not count for your post count.

#71 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:33 PM

Do tell about DMT Cody. It's so friggin hard to find >_<

#72 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:33 AM

Extract your own. ;)

I read the instructions once. I remember thinking, "I need a fucking phd to get this right!" :p

How did it feel? I mean what was your experience like?

#73 gritane

gritane
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:39 AM

it' interesting ahah x)

#74 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:51 AM

Yo let me tell you, extracting DMT is absolute childs play compared to synthesizing just isosafrole. You really just need a functioning brain and a bit of patience, and you can get a good yield as well. At Cody, this is my favorite part of Salvia

Sometimes you may even experience "Salvia Gravity"... which is as if you feel a strong pull to a different direction than what we normally are pulled to (the earth).

Anywho, in light of Cody's post, I'll let you know a trip I had Freebasing ~75mg of DMT.

To get the setting, my room had Indian tapestries hung up. Rugs with Elephants, Aztec Temples. You know, the 'alternative' burnout style. Where you've moved past common burnout status and just gone more underground. Haha I'm high idk how to explain it. Anyways. Fuck. Really difficult to type this.

I took the hit with a triple butane torch held underneath and dropping ~75mg of powdered DMT into the bowl. Held in for 5 seconds, blown out and instantaneously felt a change in my body. Laid down in bed set pipe and lighter down next to me and immediately bolted up straight into a sitting position. I turned around (thought something had bitten me, caused me to jump up) and I see my full body still lying on the bed, eyes blank staring up at the ceiling. I stood, moved. I was transparent but in full control. I jumped around the bed and saw one of my posters moving. It was that of an aztec temple. I had the bright idea to run into the poster, and immediately delved into a new universe. The next 20 minutes were that of discovery. I was in a completely different world, complete different culture, language, etc. But I understood everything. I would walk with the aztecs and work amongst them.

This trip continued the next time I took DMT (though not as long in the aztec world, more in 'real life' or that which I perceived. On the 3rd time, taking a dosage of ~85mg, I went back to the Aztec world and that I was abusing my power and I couldn't return for a long time. I haven't done it in 2 years since, but I'm wanting to extract it again.

#75 Notorious

Notorious
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:23 AM

As much as I didn't wanna post in this topic again, I had to reply to this.

A) Salvia Divinorium is a completely 100% natural plant. It is in the mint family, if I'm not mistaken. It is legal in most states in the U.S.

B) K-2 may contain natural herbs, but they are infused with synthetic drugs such as the John W. Huffman (JWH) series that have been outlined in this discussion above.

I'm not going to leave a conclusion for those two points as A) I think it's pretty evident what I'm getting at. and B) Every way I write it sounds incredibly mean. :p

I get your point ;)
My point I was trying to get at is I feel like that are both generic versions of weed itself.
If someone is looking for a good high , I would just keep it 100% ;)

Salvia is illegal in my homestate of Ohio,
I remember my freshman year in high school everyone was talking about it,
now it seems that everyone is trying to get their hands on K-2 here before it becomes illegal.

Four Loko is already banned here.. they take everything fun out of ohio :p

California just needs to 100% legalize weed like Amsterdam, so hopefully one day It will be legal in Ohio ^_^

hope that makes sense xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users