Photo

What are battledome leagues?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:34 PM

A year ago I was looking into battling other users, but then it turned out most of them were in different leagues. I had no clue about this and I was just perma-autotraining so my pet was in a league where it was not going to do well. I was just wondering if leagues are a user-based thing or did neopets team actually implement leagues.

And what are the benefits to tailoring yourself to leagues? Do people only battle others in the same league? Do any of you guys follow league restrictions?

#2 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:10 PM

Its important in guild battles. It ranks your pet based on your str boost, def boost, and hp.

#3 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:47 PM

Its important in guild battles. It ranks your pet based on your str boost, def boost, and hp.

So guild only right? I shoudlnt worry if I just battle random other guys

#4 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2010 - 10:31 PM

No that's no big deal at all. Especially quick fight, anything goes. They can steal your intel, turn you into a chia, whatever.

#5 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2010 - 10:35 PM

League battlers take pride in having weak pets just because they can beat other weak pets, which is disgusting to me.

#6 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 10:38 PM

They were made to make fights "more fair" by creating standards.
Dommers created them long ago as an counter-reaction to the Boost system, where people get to fight against pets in the same boost.
Meaning that if you were a noob with an even trained B20 (with 20 defense and about 20 HP) you could face an 1500HP, 700 defense pet that were Boost 20 too.

They help a lot for casual fights too, as almost every dommer (if not everyone) has one.
The most common leagues are 4, 6, and 10.

I would recommend you creating/getting an league pet and keeping training your another pet.

#7 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:15 PM

They were made to make fights "more fair" by creating standards.
Dommers created them long ago as an counter-reaction to the Boost system, where people get to fight against pets in the same boost.
Meaning that if you were a noob with an even trained B20 (with 20 defense and about 20 HP) you could face an 1500HP, 700 defense pet that were Boost 20 too.

They help a lot for casual fights too, as almost every dommer (if not everyone) has one.
The most common leagues are 4, 6, and 10.

I would recommend you creating/getting an league pet and keeping training your another pet.

sounds good. whats a good build? AND can the a-trainer do all of it for me? thatd be a sweet funct

#8 Miked924

Miked924
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:37 PM

idb can rank your pet to see what legaue youre in

#9 Dreww

Dreww
  • 552 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:15 PM

idb can rank your pet to see what legaue youre in

Not quite. They use a completely different calculator to the NCW standard. Most of the people on the BD chat will get very uppity about an IDB-calculated league

http://www.neopets.com/~leaguecalc will find your NCW league.

#10 Chobo

Chobo
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:45 PM

League battlers take pride in having weak pets just because they can beat other weak pets, which is disgusting to me.

I don't see how your comment is very true. If you are battling in leagues you are gonna be battling others who know about leagues and who train for a league as well. The league system is great imo... Provides a platform for serious BDers to compete in user-created tourneys and such as TNT fails to create a good war plot/ tourneys of their own

#11 sdjaks

sdjaks
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:21 PM

I like leagues because they allow people not to focus so intensely on training and more on strategy/weapon choice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users