Quantcast

Photo

Do you wash your hair or body first when you shower?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#26 Fresca

Fresca
  • 514 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:39 AM

actually a lot of girls have told me they don't wash their hair everyday, true?

Very true. When my hair was short I washed it everyday but now that it's long I wash it every other day. I still take a shower and wash my body everyday, but if you wash long hair (or some hair types in general) too often the oils at your scalp will never get to the ends of your hair. Over-washing makes hair dry and brittle, but I know some people with long hair who wash their hair everyday anyway - they just use a deep conditioner to keep their hair soft and shiny.

#27 Inver

Inver
  • 298 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:00 AM

Depends on the state my hair is in. Being a girl with long hair and all that jazz. If it's greasy, I use shampoo only - dry, conditioner only - alright, don't wash it at all. So. Hair first two thirds of the time.

#28 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:00 AM

yea, even with short hair, i need to get it thinned and layered every month, or it gets too thick and gets oily =(

#29 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:20 PM

lol at this topic. Vote to move to chitchat.

#30 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:58 PM

When I do wash my hair I wash it first, then my body.

#31 Calayst

Calayst
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:08 PM

I always wash my head first. :)

#32 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:31 AM

hair-shampoo, body, hair-conditioner

#33 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:23 PM

Speaking of washing things.. anyone ever forget where they were while washing? Sometimes I find myself in the shower "Did I wash my hair yet?" "Am I on my left leg?" "Is my right arm cleaned already?"

#34 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:39 PM

Speaking of washing things.. anyone ever forget where they were while washing? Sometimes I find myself in the shower "Did I wash my hair yet?" "Am I on my left leg?" "Is my right arm cleaned already?"

Thats why you should go in an order (like from the higuest part to the lowest part) that way it's not only more hygienic, but also helps you to remember what you have washed.
When I'm not sure if I have washed a part of my body I beggin again. Now that we are on winter hot baths feel good.

#35 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:03 PM

Thats why you should go in an order (like from the higuest part to the lowest part) that way it's not only more hygienic, but also helps you to remember what you have washed.
When I'm not sure if I have washed a part of my body I beggin again. Now that we are on winter hot baths feel good.

Dang I'd be in the shower all day if I restarted every time I forgot where I was :lookaround:

#36 ilovepolkadots

ilovepolkadots
  • 724 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:19 PM

hair first then body

& i wash my hair every day
and it is medium/long length

why would you not wash your hair every day
o.O
i find it strange that people do not

#37 yoongguk

yoongguk
  • 534 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 05:54 AM

hair first then body

& i wash my hair every day
and it is medium/long length

why would you not wash your hair every day
o.O
i find it strange that people do not

As much as I would like to wash my hair everyday, I can't. Like Fresca said, it dries up all the natural oils in your hair. My hair is damaged enough from dying it, it just gets really brittle and starts to break. I wash it every-other-day, and the days I don't wash it I use dry shampoo.

On topic: hair first.

#38 doodlebee

doodlebee
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 06:45 AM

Always hair first and then body.

I have waist-length hair so it's a major chore and would take too much time if I had to wash it everyday. Plus like a couple of other people mentioned, washing everyday makes it dry/brittle. I usually do it every other day unless it gets too greasy.

#39 Kuraz

Kuraz
  • 546 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 06:59 AM

well I do both I guess? though usually hair first and then body..

#40 togepi

togepi
  • 123 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:35 AM

Lol I am so particular and have certain rituals with hygiene. I always wash my hair first, since when I rinse the conditioner, it gets all over my body and makes me all oily and slick. Then you do the body and you're all clean!

As for the hair washing, I do everyday to maintain the style. It doesn't get dry, since I put mousse in it everyday which is super moisturizing.

#41 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:17 AM

I wash my hair first, that way I can maximize my conditioning time and leave it in for the remainder of the shower.
ALSO, not washing your hair everyday is actually very common. They say washing every day is bad for it, and, when you skip days, it helps control oiliness.
However, when i'm going somewhere, I HAVE to wash my whole body. During the weekends is when I let my hair get dirty ;)

#42 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:25 AM

both sorta?

I shampoo my hair and when I put conditioner in it, I'll wash my body :/

#43 BERRIES

BERRIES
  • 232 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:34 AM

Hair? Asian here.

#44 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2010 - 01:10 PM

Shampoo and wash out>condition>face wash>wash out conditioner>wash body+shave>get out>astringent face+lotion tattoos

Repeat daily, except for wash hair since i have long dyed hair. Quite complex. :(

#45 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 01:11 PM

Hair? Asian here.

I'm asian. I have hair.
Most asians do in fact.

#46 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:13 AM

Body, then hair, then body again.. :p
you gotta warm up at the beginning, that's the main reason I have showers! xD

Similar.

Hair, Rinse, Condition, Leave In, Wash Body, Rinse Everything

#47 glamour

glamour
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:25 AM

Wash my body first then hair

#48 Narna

Narna
  • 361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:54 PM

Body then hair, always have done it in that order.

Asian too.

#49 Shirwinator

Shirwinator
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:13 AM

body for me, although it doesnt really matter, it alternate

#50 angel412ster

angel412ster
  • 29 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:25 AM

hair first. because after you use conditioner you get it all over your back. its only gonna come off with a nice scrub and some soap :)

on a side note - apparently that conditioner can lead to back acne (its kinda oily and it clogs the pores)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users