Photo

Best thing from Tarla's Shop of Mystery

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#26 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:51 AM

Despite all the negative press Tarla has been getting I still cannot resist getting a few items here and there. And yes piles of smelly ass dung. haha

Since you keep on insisting to get stuff from her, have you ever gotten anything decent from her shop? Doubtful.

#27 Barophobia

Barophobia
  • 612 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:32 AM

Since you keep on insisting to get stuff from her, have you ever gotten anything decent from her shop? Doubtful.

I guess if you do it on a daily basis you're bound to get lucky someeeeeday.

#28 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:46 AM

You wanna make a comprehensive test and buy from tarla every day and see how your profits look?

#29 Barophobia

Barophobia
  • 612 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:48 AM

You wanna make a comprehensive test and buy from tarla every day and see how your profits look?

I'm not willing to sacrifice my neopoints. sorry :p

#30 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:03 AM

I'm not willing to sacrifice my neopoints. sorry :p

Ok, but by that logic I would consider your above post null and void.

#31 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:06 AM

...I don't see where your logic lies in that.

He's not saying you'll get so lucky you'll make back everything you ever lost - if you decided to make a comprehensive test on anything that's a gamble, you're going to lose out in the end.
If you do it once in a while and you get an item that's ~25k for a mystery bag that's 1-2k you've made a great return.

#32 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:07 AM

...I don't see where your logic lies in that.

He's not saying you'll get so lucky you'll make back everything you ever lost - if you decided to make a comprehensive test on anything that's a gamble, you're going to lose out in the end.
If you do it once in a while and you get an item that's ~25k for a mystery bag that's 1-2k you've made a great return.

What you basically just told me was what people have been saying...it's not worth it. There are some gambles worth taking, like the stock market for example, but this is just a worthless gamble.

#33 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:11 AM

What you basically just told me was what people have been saying...it's not worth it. There are some gambles worth taking, like the stock market for example, but this is just a worthless gamble.

It's not always worth it.
If you look at any of the neopets slot games - you're bound to lose money from them (except possibly Scorchy slots) but they're decent gambles once in a while. It's the same principle of buying a lottery ticket if you had a infinte lifespan. If you buy it every single day, it's still going to be a bad deal in the end for you. However, if you gamble once in a while - and you get lucky and win, it's not that bad.

His statement was fine, you could get lucky once in a while. Maybe do it til you pull off a decent item then you quit right away, you would see a profit. Anyways, I didn't see your point in bashing him and calling his posts null and void so thats all I wanted to say.

Edited by Turtleboy, 30 December 2010 - 08:17 AM.

#34 Barophobia

Barophobia
  • 612 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:45 AM

If you look at any of the neopets slot games - you're bound to lose money from them (except possibly Scorchy slots) but they're decent gambles once in a while. It's the same principle of buying a lottery ticket if you had a infinte lifespan. If you buy it every single day, it's still going to be a bad deal in the end for you. However, if you gamble once in a while - and you get lucky and win, it's not that bad.

His statement was fine, you could get lucky once in a while. Maybe do it til you pull off a decent item then you quit right away, you would see a profit. Anyways, I didn't see your point in bashing him and calling his posts null and void so thats all I wanted to say.

thanks turtle. :)

Naw I understand from the view DenyingSystems is getting from. Some people just can't live without stats. Playing safe, playing within the numbers.

Look at roulette, the odds are so horrible, and yet you see people betting high stakes on that game. Why? Why play if the odds are against you?

Because you feel lucky.

#35 BERRIES

BERRIES
  • 232 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:50 PM

Got crap, stopped going after I got the avatar. But always feel tempted to try my luck and go buy something again. >___<

#36 googlehead

googlehead
  • 162 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:52 AM

I've gotten a secret lab map piece twice that i was able to sell for 50k and 220k

#37 contour

contour
  • 201 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:51 PM

When i was new, i got a Bad Seed from Tarla. I was so excited because it was r99 and was like omg i am soo rich. Go onto shop wiz. 25 np.........

#38 Larry008

Larry008
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:42 AM

i got the avatar on my first try i think, but it's always a crappy item D:

#39 esilim

esilim
  • 508 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:36 AM

Never got anything good there.

#40 Dreww

Dreww
  • 552 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:25 PM

I don't understand your logic for infrequency. You keep saying that if you only do it so often and it pays off, it's better. But the same can be said for doing in frequently when it pays off. How many times you shop there doesn't change the odds. You're netting a loss on both, just one is much faster.

Edited by Dreww, 14 January 2011 - 04:25 PM.

#41 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:42 PM

It is never worth it if it's not for the avatar.
Even if you get lucky enough as to get something nice, you would have aquired more spending that time on another thing.
Unless that you got it the first or second time, then stopped, but I can bet it won't happen to you the first time.

#42 Homer

Homer
  • 151 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:18 PM

Haha I got the avatar on the first try, but never got anything worth spending neopoints on. I guess I have to learn the hard way because I don't really
care too much about avatars. I thought she gave out decent items to which I have yet to attain. I also pulled the lever of doom a couple times till I found out it doesn't do anything, but take
away your money (not counting the avatar of course).

#43 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:23 PM

Some avatars don't have a price for most of the Acers, so they are worth at any Np prize.
Good thing I dont care for avatars at all. They are time-consuming and you can't get back your np's spent there.
With a gallery or a BD set once you get bored you can just sell them for the prize you got them (or even more).

#44 CJames

CJames
  • 388 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:34 PM

lol that is true.. but sometimes you just got bored playing for a few years and there is pretty much nothing else to do..

#45 SatansCamaro

SatansCamaro
  • 553 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:13 AM

bought a broken toy sailboat. :(

#46 aoizora

aoizora
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:06 PM

I'm pretty sure Tarla only has one rare item in her 'shop' and it appears like 1% of the time. Pretty unworthwhile unless you have a surplus of neopoints and a penchant for disappointment :(

#47 Homer

Homer
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:52 PM

bought a broken toy sailboat. :(

Is that better or worse than a rainbow dung? I know its rainbow, but shit is shit. Something to think about.

#48 Dayzee

Dayzee
  • 483 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:28 PM

Is that better or worse than a rainbow dung? I know its rainbow, but shit is shit.

Haha. Yep, you're right. And that's all I've gotten, too.

#49 Barophobia

Barophobia
  • 612 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:44 PM

All I've gotten are the normal, distasteful looking ones(not that rainbow looks delicious).

Clearly Tarla hates me a lot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users