Quantcast

Photo

Official Poll

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

Poll: Merge? (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Merge?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#26 AntiHero

AntiHero
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 07:08 AM

I don't think it's hate, more like fear of the unknown...

View Post

That is why we are approaching it slowly...

#27 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2004 - 07:09 AM

Not here, it was sprung on us from nowhere, nothing in the Staff voting area, nothing. We could've had some warning.

#28 Robert

Robert
  • 6934 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2004 - 07:10 AM

well yeah we as a board need to disbecauses this as it is our board well hydros actually lol but we had no warning about his :roxsox:

#29 AntiHero

AntiHero
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 07:10 AM

Not here, it was sprung on us from nowhere, nothing in the Staff voting area, nothing. We could've had some warning.

View Post

That wasent our decision talk that over with your admins

#30 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2004 - 07:12 AM

That is what I plan to do. I am really not happy. There shouldve been a vote BEFORE the other topic was posted, and as an admin, the admin that posted this, shouldve posted CONS as well as PROS, not that noiti is biased.  :closedeyes:

Edited by LemonyBrainAid, 17 September 2004 - 07:13 AM.

#31 Robert

Robert
  • 6934 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2004 - 07:16 AM

I will post a section about this in staff area so ALL the staff can put across views they might now want members to see :roxsox:

#32 Frosty

Frosty
  • 1521 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 07:31 AM

I have no idea what the hell this is all about so I'll just not vote and be quiet *sits down and zips mouth*

#33 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2004 - 07:40 AM

Drop the GD Neodoom thing, that was mystical the owner right? I mean, neofreaks has a new leader (freaky) who bought he's own server, seems to be an honest guy to me. I can't see the problem with this.

#34 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2004 - 07:58 AM

Ok, the truth is, our programs suck. They suck CENSORED balls, and we need programmers, ok? NeoCodex's PURPOSE is completely di'minished if we can't keep up with the competition.

If we are not gonna merge (which looks like the case), I am gonna need a few things done (and I am trying to do most of them myself):

1) Better programs (NOT webbrowser, NOT Inet, I'm talking winsock, wininet, API, etc.)

2) More efficient staff: Half of the mods are not doing their job, so we need better.

3) Cleanup: Delete old garbage topics, etc...

4) Responsible and Mature members who do not flame at each other, post pointless topics about nonesense in the wrong place.

Ok, the truth is, NeoCodex is losing its touch. We used to be l33t back in the day, but obviously this is not the case. Apparently, the vote means nothing unless its unani'mous and the members are my first priority, so the merger is off. That's all there is to it, no disputing it. The members hate the decision, and their opinions will be respected.

I would just like for all of you to know that if you don't want this merger to go through, you are all expected to do your part in making NeoCodex better again. That means assuming your responsibilities, and your maturity. If we are going to beat the competition, maybe you can help instead of feeding the fire?

#35 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2004 - 08:04 AM

If you need help with programming, I will try, I'll try to make webrowser programes once I get vb and some help, I will do all in my power to to make neocodex what it once was, it was THE greatest site in my opinon back in the day, although with alot more members around and less programs, it's losing it's touch, I'm finally glad someone had the guts to admit the programes were not top notch, the mods are trying, but some of them aren't as ruthless as others to warn or delete threads, there's alot of rubbish out there that needs cleaning up, but the mods just aren't active enough (they should become more like me)

Also, I've known Freaky for a long ti'me (haven't talked in ages lol except yesterda) and he is a cool guy and would make a good admin, and I've talked to anti-hero (known hi'm for a long ti'me) and he is also very nice.

Edited by Frizzeh, 17 September 2004 - 08:11 AM.

#36 Guest_Tox_*

Guest_Tox_*

Posted 17 September 2004 - 08:08 AM

Freaky is the best around and Ace is very good too. If you respect the programs then you would want us here. Freaky is constintly programming and making his programs better. He works everyday and will try to meet anything on Neofreaks want and he would do the same thing here but if you guys dont want them we will not merge. Its si'mply up to you. Ive been told I've been a good staff and Antihero is as well we work our butts off every day making Neofreaks better and would do the same for Neocodex.

#37 Chloe

Chloe
  • 328 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 09:24 AM

Merge is the best way to do this...since if we were to partner sites, which has also been proposed...people will ignore, no one clicks on bannner ads. Will not have the same positive results as would a merge as it is a merge.
Post put togahter by: many

View Post

if this were really true, it wouldnt be against the rules to post other sites name as advertisement and we all know that...........I voted no, I think there are better ways to do this

I just would like to add though that with my vote I'm not saying at all that these people are not good people I'm not attacking their character at all, I just think this isnt a good idea , I think it could be handled differently

Edited by Chloe, 17 September 2004 - 09:27 AM.

#38 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2004 - 11:05 AM

Can't say this enough, this is a GOOD move on both forums, if anyone needs reasons ill post them, but I'm sorta busy

#39 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2004 - 11:11 AM

.I voted no, I think there are better ways to do this

View Post

What ways are these? I mean, why post no, and no reason to back that up?

#40 Chloe

Chloe
  • 328 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 11:34 AM

What ways are these? I mean, why post no, and no reason to back that up?

View Post

I know that you yourself have been reading the many threads about this topic the last few days, keeping this in mind I believe you would remember that I was one of the people who suggested working something out with an advertisment for their site or something like a banner or something if they let us use their programs something like that, thats why I quoted what I did, you really should do your homework before you post

#41 Bão

Bão
  • 5407 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:11 PM

wow, its gonna be a close one, its 21 yes to 19 no

#42 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:12 PM

But really, would we be getting anything out of that, do we want to seem like a crappy site that host other people's programes?

#43 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:14 PM

Really, I could see us looking like some gigantic leech fromother peoples views if we have a partnership.

#44 Chloe

Chloe
  • 328 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:21 PM

theres no need for more admins here from another site......theres no need for more "active members" I think someone did a search earlier and only 10 out of all their members have over 100 posts so thats nothing...the only real reason we are doing this is because were trying to make them happy and get their programs, well, I guess thats not the only reason but I think its the big one that is trying to be hidden by saying all the other reasons

#45 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:33 PM

Sure we are in it for the programs. There are other reasons though.

#46 Chloe

Chloe
  • 328 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:42 PM

I know but lets go over those other reasons then:

New Active members/ their traffic : only 10 of their members have over 100 posts

more admins :  who cares if they do a good job at their site, in all fairness they shouldnt be able to just transfer over here like that and get all those benefits that people who have been here forever cant even have

*But there such nice ppl as a lot of people have said, I'm sure they are but that doesnt mean u qualify right away to have access to every part of our board and should have the right of and admin to tell our members what to do....lots of people on here are nice but that doesnt mean theyre promoted like that too admin status

then theres the programs

I'm prolly leaving some stuff out cause I'm sick and I feel fried.....if I am just go ahead and add it

#47 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:45 PM

yeah we have been here lo0nger and working hard when they just come along and become admins and mods and all those good possitions

#48 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:46 PM

Dude it's a merger, we're as equal as them, just because they're using our host...go look up merger.

#49 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:48 PM

Yes youpeopple look at it as if we were conquering them, and forcing them to join.

#50 Chloe

Chloe
  • 328 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:54 PM

no I'm lookin at it as we want their programs but dont want it to look that way so were makin them an offer we know they wont refuse...I think they would love to come here, were the more known site, we can do nothing but good for them.....I dont think anyone really looks at this as were taking them over, I think were fearful that this could mess us up......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users