111 replies to this topic

#1 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 04:21 PM

:crybaby:

I must be a bad forum person

Thoughts? Rants? Serve me well (:

To make it a topic I'm hoping. What are some example of what happens to members who don't follow forum rules?

Edited by ShameonMe, 26 December 2010 - 04:50 PM.

#2 Crayon

Crayon
  • 913 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 04:31 PM

Oh by the way,

Chit Chat - Any topics that you can not find a forum for can go here. No spam rules apply and posts in this section do not go towards your post count. Just keep within our rules and you're good to go!

See, even in a section that doesn't raise post count, you still spam.

Edited by Crayon, 26 December 2010 - 04:38 PM.

#3 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 04:42 PM

:whistling::

Attention to detail must not be my strong suit

Edited by ShameonMe, 26 December 2010 - 04:43 PM.

#4 Crayon

Crayon
  • 913 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:00 PM

I don't see why you don't pay 5 bucks, seriously. One to one here, you're really pissing off half of the community and making admins work when their life is as busy as it can get this time of year. Instead of making stupid comments that you're sincerely sorry when obviously 90% of the community know you aren't just smarten up. Yeah its the internet but if you do this in person, by the end of the day you'll have no friends. Think about it for a moment.

#5 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:08 PM

I don't see why you don't pay 5 bucks, seriously. One to one here, you're really pissing off half of the community and making admins work when their life is as busy as it can get this time of year. Instead of making stupid comments that you're sincerely sorry when obviously 90% of the community know you aren't just smarten up. Yeah its the internet but if you do this in person, by the end of the day you'll have no friends. Think about it for a moment.

If half of the community is pissed off then I'll deal with that. I sort of a apology, but if half the community doesn't care about I'll just move on. But I can understand how people can get irked. With that being said though I would say I would work on it. Internet, and real life is totally different. I'll just log on here to make a couple quick posts here and there. My post count was high probably because a majority of my posts didn't have much input or relativity. But it is what it is. eh like I said I'll work on it.

Edited by ShameonMe, 26 December 2010 - 05:17 PM.

#6 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:16 PM

Most cases, Posts counts are cut back to a more reasonable figure, by setting the value of each spam post to 0.

Some cases, Entire post counts get reset to 0.

Extreme cases, We move them to a usergroup that looks/appears the same as normal members, however once their posts reach 499, their posts are stuck so they can never reach the number they require, until we deem that enough non-spam posts have been made to counter-act the spam posts made to reach the 500 mark.

Seems fair enough. Let's see if the staff thinks I need some discipline -_-

#7 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:19 PM

Hmmmm... *strokes an invisible beard  thoughtfully*

I try not to judge new members, as I was once (and  could still be considered) one myself. I find it somewhat hypocritical and judgmental when people call out newbies for spamming or posting shit 'no one cares about', because all too often we all post one liners and useless crap  but I personally find stuff like this easy to forgive.

What I find more offensive with members trying to reach 500 isn't how much they post, but the general lack personality, charm, or any reason for me to like them. Their posts are never funny or interesting. They don't tell us anything about themselves, so all we can do is assume just how retarded they are by their posts. They sometimes don't have signatures, or avatars, and haven't filled out their profiles. It is not a crime to post a lot on these forums, but being faceless and boring should be. 

Nothing will happen to you. You will reach your 500 posts. Then, you will notice you have made no friends on codex because you made no attempt to learn anything about anyone who posts here and you will stop posting because the only thing you've invested into the community is the time spent thinking of quick responses to topics you probably didn't even read. You will join the likes of people like Juupon, who filled the board with her nonsense and even insisted she would keep posting even though she made advanced in a short period of time. Where is she now? Being fucking boring and faceless someplace else, I'd imagine. 

At least she had a Squirtle avatar. I guess.

#8 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:23 PM

To be honest, I don't give a shit if you can use the programs here.

We already have our resident idiot, we don't need any more.

#9 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:27 PM

To be honest, I don't give a shit if you can use the programs here.
We already have our resident idiot, we don't need any more.

lmao
Posted Image

#10 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:29 PM

Hmmmm... *strokes an invisible beard thoughtfully*

I try not to judge new members, as I was once (and could still be considered) one myself. I find it somewhat hypocritical and judgmental when people call out newbies for spamming or posting shit 'no one cares about', because all too often we all post one liners and useless crap but I personally find stuff like this easy to forgive.

What I find more offensive with members trying to reach 500 isn't how much they post, but the general lack personality, charm, or any reason for me to like them. Their posts are never funny or interesting. They don't tell us anything about themselves, so all we can do is assume just how retarded they are by their posts. They sometimes don't have signatures, or avatars, and haven't filled out their profiles. It is not a crime to post a lot on these forums, but being faceless and boring should be.

Nothing will happen to you. You will reach your 500 posts. Then, you will notice you have made no friends on codex because you made no attempt to learn anything about anyone who posts here and you will stop posting because the only thing you've invested into the community is the time spent thinking of quick responses to topics you probably didn't even read. You will join the likes of people like Juupon, who filled the board with her nonsense and even insisted she would keep posting even though she made advanced in a short period of time. Where is she now? Being fucking boring and faceless someplace else, I'd imagine.

At least she had a Squirtle avatar. I guess.

Actually to say I didn't learn anything about the member would be false. I read all of the topics I post in. But eh if thats your judgment so be it. Most of my threads did go into the iron thread but thats been slow. I actually do read every page,and respond accordingly. Probably the last week or so my replies have been probably the shortest or so. As for the avatar stuff i thought i removed my original and replaced with a new one. but eh whats the matter. But thanks for the response though its always good to have a candid convo

#11 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:31 PM

lmao
Posted Image

Omg punk your new dress is beautifull! get it for xmas?

#12 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:32 PM

Omg punk your new dress is beautifull! get it for xmas?

But you don't say shit about how great my hair is? Fuck you.

#13 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:37 PM

Actually to say I didn't learn anything about the member would be false. I read all of the topics I post in. But eh if thats your judgment so be it. Most of my threads did go into the iron thread but thats been slow. I actually do read every page,and respond accordingly. Probably the last week or so my replies have been probably the shortest or so. As for the avatar stuff i thought i removed my original and replaced with a new one. but eh whats the matter. But thanks for the response though its always good to have a candid convo

I'll just pretend it's all true

Have you actually bothered to get to know the people besides shallow posts that relate to the topic (arguably) and actually talk to us? Getting on IRC to actually talk, and spending time on the forums NOT posting

Believe it or not, someone like me who spends all day on codex but not post all the time let's me learn a lot about the community. Which is why I stayed when i reached 500.

Look at peonyourlawn, he made it to 500, about 550 or w/e, but due to his high shallow post count, he didn't actually make any friends. So why bother staying in a place where no one likes him? he didn't. I've seen him post maybe twice in the last few days.

Do you think Olion or w/e his name is now will stay once he reaches 500 in a couple of days? Highly doubtful. I'm not challenging you to prove me wrong, but w/e, don't doubt us when we tell you that we KNOW you're not going to stay long.

#14 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:40 PM

Posted Image

#15 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:47 PM

Hey man, peonyourlawn is dk's bestest codex friend.

#16 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:54 PM

I probably dont have to really tell you that like most of the newer members such as myself probably come into this site thinking one thing "how can I get that program" which is what my first thought was about. I did come here and tried to obtain it the wrong way. I don't mind what people say about how I conduct my post counts because well it's true what they say. Just like how I conduct myself in reality, if someone has a criticism about me I don't just turn the other way and leave, I usually will work on that certain something. Like here how I should probably have more character into my posts. But yea you guys probably have had many other guys come and go as soon as they hit 500 posts, and probably will assume that I will do the same thing. I can accept that, but since all this has come through why not try to work on my problem? <---sounds like i repeat myself often -_- But regardless I plan on sticking around meeting new people believe it or not. so expect that post count going up.

Hey man, peonyourlawn is dk's bestest codex friend.

Lol remember I spam so i don't have buddies (:

Edited by dk8932, 26 December 2010 - 05:56 PM.

#17 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:55 PM

We'll see. Whatever happened to Derriere who said he wouldn't leave and actually stayed for a full month after he reached 500.

I mean really, where'd he go? :p

#18 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:57 PM

We'll see. Whatever happened to Derriere who said he wouldn't leave and actually stayed for a full month after he reached 500.

eh we shall see (: I don't know everyone who has come and gone so lets see if I can be the exception:ninja:

i got nothing but time after work,school, gym (:

Edited by dk8932, 26 December 2010 - 05:58 PM.

#19 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:58 PM

I believe he formed a Spice Girls tribute band currently touring Eastern Europe.

#20 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 December 2010 - 06:00 PM

I believe he formed a Spice Girls tribute band currently touring Eastern Europe.

Oh shit. I suddenly regret not being that dude's friend. 

#21 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 December 2010 - 06:03 PM

Oh shit. I suddenly regret not being that dude's friend. 

You should, he got me front row tickets to his last gig in Moldova*.

Spoiler

#22 PeonYourLawn

PeonYourLawn
  • 538 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 06:06 PM

gogo 500!!!!1 =D

then reap the riches and post in the iron thread with me

#23 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 December 2010 - 06:08 PM

eh we shall see (: I don't know everyone who has come and gone so lets see if I can be the exception:ninja:

i got nothing but time after work,school, gym (:

I'm basically one of the exceptions >_< I posted 20-30 times a day, which back then was a lot and constituted me as "the spammer" and certain people, such as PRBM (:D) called me out on it.

But I stayed because I liked the people here. Since most people who spam to 500 only post 50 times in the span of an hour, I posted 20 times in the span of 4-8. While I posted a lot, a lot of my posts weren't total crap (some were I admit).

The bulk of the people who stay are those who take 6+ months to get to 500 or those who are just in IRC all day

#24 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 06:09 PM

gogo 500!!!!1 =D

then reap the riches and post in the iron thread with me

That Iron thread is deadish, I'd rather post on the fitness sites (: That way I don;t feel like a idiot with flex pics, and lifting videos. Go away PeonYourLawn they will come and bite your head off. I think thats what they want to do to me to drive me away...

#25 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 December 2010 - 06:10 PM

That Iron thread is deadish, I'd rather post on the fitness sites (: That way I don;t feel like a idiot with flex pics, and lifting videos. Go away PeonYourLawn they will come and bite your head off. I think thats what they want to do to me to drive me away...

Stop playing the martyr. We're just calling it like it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users