Photo

I am a spammer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
111 replies to this topic

#26 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 06:15 PM

I'm basically one of the exceptions >_< I posted 20-30 times a day, which back then was a lot and constituted me as "the spammer" and certain people, such as PRBM (:D) called me out on it.

But I stayed because I liked the people here. Since most people who spam to 500 only post 50 times in the span of an hour, I posted 20 times in the span of 4-8. While I posted a lot, a lot of my posts weren't total crap (some were I admit).

The bulk of the people who stay are those who take 6+ months to get to 500 or those who are just in IRC all day

What the heck is IRC?
Well I guess I'm on the same boat as you but maybe a little worse -_-. But yea I'm just going to see if I can change peoples minds (: If not I'll go sell some bibles.

Stop playing the martyr. We're just calling it like it is.

lol I'm not. Calling like it is ? I guess many assume the worst out of people on forums. Thats all good and dandy. But fair is fair. I'm labeled as a spammer, so until I change it I guess i am. simple as that.

Maybe i need Dr. Phil<_<

Edited by dk8932, 26 December 2010 - 06:19 PM.

#27 yoongguk

yoongguk
  • 534 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 06:20 PM

I'm basically one of the exceptions >_< I posted 20-30 times a day, which back then was a lot and constituted me as "the spammer" and certain people, such as PRBM (:D) called me out on it.

But I stayed because I liked the people here. Since most people who spam to 500 only post 50 times in the span of an hour, I posted 20 times in the span of 4-8. While I posted a lot, a lot of my posts weren't total crap (some were I admit).

The bulk of the people who stay are those who take 6+ months to get to 500 or those who are just in IRC all day

*butting in*

Can I just ask, who would usually be in IRC? I'm too afraid to go Posted Image

#28 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 December 2010 - 06:24 PM

*butting in*

Can I just ask, who would usually be in IRC? I'm too afraid to go Posted Image

Chanserve
Iargue
Kway
Pyro
boggart
Drakonid
Me!!
onlyme
Tsunade

And often noit, cody, and plenty of other ret members

#29 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 06:29 PM

More people should rage at me (: Opinions on this are niceee

Chanserve
Iargue
Kway
Pyro
boggart
Drakonid
Me!!
onlyme
Tsunade

I assume this is where people get acquainted with members?

#30 yoongguk

yoongguk
  • 534 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 06:34 PM

Chanserve
Iargue
Kway
Pyro
boggart
Drakonid
Me!!
onlyme
Tsunade

Erk, I think I might just hang around the boards for another while :p

#31 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 December 2010 - 06:38 PM

Wise choice. That list had some pretty unsavory characters.

#32 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 07:05 PM

More people should rage at me (: Opinions on this are niceee

I assume this is where people get acquainted with members?

You shouldn't really care about getting acquainted with members. Just don't look like a fucktard and no one will care. It's really not hard to see the groups. We have a bunch of kids that play Neopets and a bunch of old bitter grumpy people. Normally we have room for an iruleatants, just not at the moment.

The only people bitching about you getting to 500 posts to use programs are the people that play Neopets (and let's face it, they're not the cool kids anyways). The rest of us only complain because it really seems like everytime you log on, the first 2 pages of 'New Content' are posts by you with 10 words or less. Sorry, I really only log on to have a nice discussion (seems like it's dwindling as the days progress) or to troll some kids. I really can't troll you because you either do it yourself or you write posts too short to troll.

#33 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 07:17 PM

You shouldn't really care about getting acquainted with members. Just don't look like a fucktard and no one will care. It's really not hard to see the groups. We have a bunch of kids that play Neopets and a bunch of old bitter grumpy people. Normally we have room for an iruleatants, just not at the moment.

The only people bitching about you getting to 500 posts to use programs are the people that play Neopets (and let's face it, they're not the cool kids anyways). The rest of us only complain because it really seems like everytime you log on, the first 2 pages of 'New Content' are posts by you with 10 words or less. Sorry, I really only log on to have a nice discussion (seems like it's dwindling as the days progress) or to troll some kids. I really can't troll you because you either do it yourself or you write posts too short to troll.

Why shouldnt I care about getting acquainted and knowing more people? I usually click all the active posts at once, and respond. But I get ya on everything. How do I troll myself?

Edited by dk8932, 26 December 2010 - 07:20 PM.

#34 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 07:36 PM

Why is everybody so grumpy/cynical?
It seems most of the older members are like that :/

#35 Crayon

Crayon
  • 913 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 08:45 PM

Why is everybody so grumpy/cynical?
It seems most of the older members are like that :/

The rest of us only complain because it really seems like everytime you log on, the first 2 pages of 'New Content' are posts by you with 10 words or less. Sorry, I really only log on to have a nice discussion (seems like it's dwindling as the days progress) or to troll some kids. I really can't troll you because you either do it yourself or you write posts too short to troll.

its like old people at mcdonalds reading the newspaper with a one dollar purchase of coffee. They go grab a newspaper and later to realize some old hag has stolen the crossword puzzle and there aren't any left.

Edited by Crayon, 26 December 2010 - 08:46 PM.

#36 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 09:08 PM

So. What happened to Olion? Also, I really need to spam more, 100 posts in six months is unacceptable :/

#37 Acheron

Acheron
  • 586 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 09:12 PM

Why are you so obsessed with me? I admit I went fast with the posts but now I get shit for slowing down the postings also?

Also Nunc, maybe try being more active yourself instead of being bitter.

#38 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 09:15 PM

So Olion is Acheron... got it. God I hate you and your spamming. You are just a horrible person olion, gtfo and never return. U mad at me identifying you for what you are? A terrible spammer who fails at everything? lololol

#39 Acheron

Acheron
  • 586 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 09:19 PM

Yes, I'm terribly hurt by your opinion of me. -go cry in a corner-

Btw, isn't some topics in the general chat for just you know, causal chatting? -shrug-

Threading on minefields here.

#40 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 09:20 PM

What, u mad acheron?

trollololol

#41 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 December 2010 - 09:22 PM

Btw, isn't some topics in the general chat for just you know, causal chatting? -shrug-

Yeah, a casual conversation, that doesn't mean you have to go to every topic and spam around and try to revive old conversations.

And if you want to just "chat", we have the IRC for that, where you'll most likely get a much more inversive conversation in real time without having to sit around and refresh the forum constantly for replies.

But of course you wouldn't do that, it doesn't affect your post count!

#42 Acheron

Acheron
  • 586 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 09:32 PM

Yeah, a casual conversation, that doesn't mean you have to go to every topic and spam around and try to revive old conversations.

And if you want to just "chat", we have the IRC for that, where you'll most likely get a much more inversive conversation in real time without having to sit around and refresh the forum constantly for replies.

But of course you wouldn't do that, it doesn't affect your post count!

Given the general hostility, I think I wouldn't now.

#43 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:35 PM

Given the general hostility, I think I wouldn't now.

Well, it might help if you do go into IRC and talk a bit.

I think I understand why people get so mad. This forum isn't generating much money really, and really thrives on the support of its members. By being an active and interesting forum, other people will be attracted to this forum and can also contribute to what the creators of the forum intended.

By spamming the threads and posting useless things, not only do you drive away potential newcomers but you turn away people who haven't started posting as well as regular posters.

Nobody wants to see threads full of barely finished sentences that are not even spelled correctly. Think about it, would you like to be in a conversation with people that just repeat others, slur as if they're drunk and mention things that don't even pertain to the topic?
You probably wouldn't and that's what these older members are feeling. They've spent countless hours to help the newer members with program issues, neopet issues and give them tons of advices on what to do. Now they return to see all these new members who just post constantly and without thought to get to 500 posts to achieve a membership and additional usage of a program. All of this sounds pretty heartless.

So, lets try to do what they have done and help make this website attractive to newer members by contributing and actually trying to help other members rather then post inane comments.

EDIT:
I meant to type isn't - I swear!
I figured 5 dollars a month would barely begin to cover servers since I know I run programs almost all day long and I KNOW others are too.

Edited by Turtleboy, 26 December 2010 - 10:46 PM.

#44 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:40 PM

Spammer is 1 letter away from scammer.

Coincidence? I think not.

#45 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:42 PM

Spammer is 1 letter away from scammer.

Coincidence? I think not.

And two from hammer O.o

#46 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:43 PM

Well, it might help if you do go into IRC and talk a bit.

I think I understand why people get so mad. This forum is generating much money really, and really thrives on the support of its members. By being an active and interesting forum, other people will be attracted to this forum and can also contribute to what the creators of the forum intended.

By spamming the threads and posting useless things, not only do you drive away potential newcomers but you turn away people who haven't started posting as well as regular posters.

Nobody wants to see threads full of barely finished sentences that are not even spelled correctly. Think about it, would you like to be in a conversation with people that just repeat others, slur as if they're drunk and mention things that don't even pertain to the topic?
You probably wouldn't and that's what these older members are feeling. They've spent countless hours to help the newer members with program issues, neopet issues and give them tons of advices on what to do. Now they return to see all these new members who just post constantly and without thought to get to 500 posts to achieve a membership and additional usage of a program. All of this sounds pretty heartless.

So, lets try to do what they have done and help make this website attractive to newer members by contributing and actually trying to help other members rather then post inane comments.

Well I'm trying to but it looks like people have their opinions. Regardless it doesn't matter what I say so i might as well go on with my forum life lol simple as that.

#47 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:45 PM

And two from hammer O.o

Well I don't plan on seeing that anytime (:

#48 togepi

togepi
  • 123 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:09 AM

Well, goodness. O.o
I don't know if I have a right to post in this thread, but I do want to say that a lot of you older members make yourselves out to be quite intimidating, so it's really not too fun to try to go into chat or anything. I know I'd just feel very inferior and leave. But eh, I think it might just be argue's fault.
I remember being SO scared to make my first post and I'm pretty sure it took me about a week to muster the courage. Even now, I'm still only a little over 100. I mean, I'm extremely friendly and love talking to people and making friends, but I'm also a big baby and stay away when I feel like no one wants me around. I don't know. I figured I should take this opportunity to actually say something about it.
/personal ramble.

#49 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:25 AM

All older members are going to seem intimidating. Maybe cause they've been here for 5+ years and have seen this nonsense countless times. We've seen the highs and lows of Codex and in all honesty, this is one of our higher low points. Sure we have an active community, but most of us "older" members again have graduated beyond posting like it's the NeoBoards. Codex used to be an active community with tons of staff, was it better then? I don't know. I'd hardly consider myself an active member of the community. It's just we used to have conversations beyond what the typical "I got frozen" and "I just discovered sex". I remember when we used to argue Politics, Physics, etc. I remember when posts had SUBSTANCE. At least I don't see it anymore. Maybe once a week or so. Us 'older' members are cynical only because we know what this Forum used to be, and although we drag ourselves off the couch to post, we really have nothing to look forward to as far as posts go. There's a reason PRBM is the only new retired member, THAT's what our community used to be. A group of friends who had semi-intellectual posts. Now we have some blonde chick who thinks DD's on a 200 pound frame look attractive and a bunch of people that worship a retard that can barely code programs and thinks he's the shit.

I'm not grumpy, I'm just high. Don't take offense to anything I say, it's the truth, at least in my book.

#50 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:38 AM

Really? My name is on that list and you still wont come on?

GET ON IRC. NO EXCUSES.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users