Photo

Abrosia WTF?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Fey

Fey
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:03 PM

Why do I keep ending up with items in my account that A.) Don't show on the buy log and B.) Show up after I turn it off and log out?
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I'm really confused (And a little worried about this creating more danger of a being iced.)

#2 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:04 PM

*blink*
It's not possible.

#3 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:06 PM

If Abrosia is off, then you shouldn't be getting new items.
Unless you're refreshing or doing something on a different program

#4 Fey

Fey
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:20 PM

See that's what I was thinking too... except I go into the program, push the stop button and go so far as to log off and I still get items in my Inventory...
And somehow money from my till is being pulled out (Not taken, it shows up under available NP)...

It started happening right after I got Abrosia and started using it - so I assumed that there was a connection.
I have no idea what could be causing this if that isn't the problem...

*blink*
It's not possible.

Not refreshing and I don't have any other programs.

If Abrosia is off, then you shouldn't be getting new items.
Unless you're refreshing or doing something on a different program

#5 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:20 PM

See that's what I was thinking too... except I go into the program, push the stop button and go so far as to log off and I still get items in my Inventory...
And somehow money from my till is being pulled out (Not taken, it shows up under available NP)...

It started happening right after I got Abrosia and started using it - so I assumed that there was a connection.
I have no idea what could be causing this if that isn't the problem...

What kind of items? Abrosia still uses the SW to price items for the database when it's not shopping, so it could be picking up random event items.

#6 Fey

Fey
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:29 PM

I know earlier it was several types of baked goods.
Then this last time it was two or three of the same kind of tree...
It follows a similar pattern to what I get when I leave it running and then come back...

Is it possible that I'm cutting off in the middle of a buying session and it finishes that before shutting down? And then doesn't log because I had already turned it off?
Also, does it pull the money out of my til so that it will have money to keep spending?

What kind of items? Abrosia still uses the SW to price items for the database when it's not shopping, so it could be picking up random event items.

#7 Dichromate

Dichromate
  • 277 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:53 PM

Sometimes when I stop it it remains on "Stopping." and won't finish with it. Even then though, it doesn't continue buying things. Are you sure Abrosia's completely stopped?

#8 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:57 PM

I know earlier it was several types of baked goods.
Then this last time it was two or three of the same kind of tree...
It follows a similar pattern to what I get when I leave it running and then come back...

Is it possible that I'm cutting off in the middle of a buying session and it finishes that before shutting down? And then doesn't log because I had already turned it off?
Also, does it pull the money out of my til so that it will have money to keep spending?

Apparently it seems like you're not getting random events but Abrosia is still buying.
I never really encountered this type of problem - so I think I would tweak around your settings.

Abrosia has a setting where it will take money out of your shop til (every hour I believe?) and instead of hitting stop next time, just close out Abrosia all together.
Frankly, if I were you - I think I'd be pretty happy :p Most people spent ages tweaking their settings to get Abrosia to buy more items. You get items even when Abrosia isn't on <_<

#9 Fey

Fey
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:03 PM

LOL and normally I'd be thrilled - my concern is whether I'm going to end up getting iced because it's trying to run non stop.
Well, that and the things it buys all seem to be somewhat slow to sell - clogging up my shop.
I'll try closing it out all together.

Apparently it seems like you're not getting random events but Abrosia is still buying.
I never really encountered this type of problem - so I think I would tweak around your settings.

Abrosia has a setting where it will take money out of your shop til (every hour I believe?) and instead of hitting stop next time, just close out Abrosia all together.
Frankly, if I were you - I think I'd be pretty happy :p Most people spent ages tweaking their settings to get Abrosia to buy more items. You get items even when Abrosia isn't on <_<

LOL and normally I'd be thrilled - my concern is whether I'm going to end up getting iced because it's trying to run non stop.
Well, that and the things it buys all seem to be somewhat slow to sell - clogging up my shop.
I'll try closing it out all together.

Oh and as to my settings:
8 - 15 sec refresh & 1000 profit.
I don't care about using it to get rich so much as I'm using it to supplement Key Quest and Restocking with the Super Shop Whiz

#10 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:16 PM

Check your taskbar.

Posted Image

#11 Tsunade

Tsunade
  • 676 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:16 PM

Yeah i've had an old task of abrosia running thats bought stuff for me, was weird

#12 nothereorthere

nothereorthere
  • 182 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:21 PM

ever think that you found the items and ambrosia didn't record it

thats happened to me many times

#13 Fey

Fey
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:27 AM

Thanks, I started closing out the program all together (Not just logging off and shutting down) and it stopped happening.
I knew it couldn't be a matter of finding things randomly because they would come in three items of the same sort at a time in a matter of a minute or two...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users