HPD Results?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 sc4fps3

sc4fps3
  • 299 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:38 PM

HPD: My favorite time of the month. <3

So how did everyone do yesterday? Total estimated profit? Number of items bought? Number of UBs? Highest value item?

Few statistics* from my run yesterday. For the record, I bought books and only books.

Number of items bought: 98
Total Time AB'd: 9.5 hours
Items bought per minute: 0.1719
Total Estimated Profit (per Abrosia): 1,800,000
Total Estimated Profit (per me, after pricing everything manually): 2,000,000
Number of UB items bought: 5
Number of UB items correctly identified as UB by Abrosia: 0 (Fail)
Number of "Gourmet Cooking For Your Pet" bought: 2
Number of "Gourmet Cooking For Your Pet" missed: 7
Total Price Paid: 159,XXX
Average Price paid per item: 1623
Lowest Price paid for one item: 275
Highest Price paid for one item: 10700
Average Profit per item: 20500 NP
Highest Profit per item (per Abrosia): 93,962
Highest Profit per item (per me): 300,000
Lowest Profit per item (per Abrosia): 2100
Lowest Profit per item (per me): 1252
Average Profit per item (per Abrosia): 20,563
Average Profit per item (per me): 18,948
Number of 10K+ Profit items (per Abrosia): 56
Number of 10K+ Profit items (per me): 37
Average difference between my profit estimation and Abrosia's**: -3149
Most copies of the same book bought: 3
Most copies of the same UB book bought: 2
2 hours after pricing all items, number of items already sold: 9
2 hours after pricing all items, total NP regained: 58,500

*Abrosia totals include values for "Gourmet Cooking." My values do not, as I do not plan on selling these anytime soon.
**Abrosia's estimated profit was over 200,000 NP lower than my estimated profit for a pair of UBs. These have been excluded from this calculation. Division is by 96 items instead.

Anything else someone might want to know, just ask.

How'd you do on HPD? :)

(Yes, I have had nothing else to do today/yesterday.)

#2 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:41 PM

I don't have statistics like that, but I made around 1 mill in buyable items, and an additional 2-3 mill in UB's. All from Foods/Bakery/Chocolate. One of the better HPD's I've had in awhile. :)

#3 Dreww

Dreww
  • 552 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:54 PM

Terrible. Missed a lot of stamp RSes and only made about 800k-1m once my stuff sells. May I ask why you aren't selling Gourmet Cooking For Your Pet? I've seen quite a few people grabbing those.

#4 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:56 PM

Wow congrats man!! That's an amazing profit!

#5 dicks

dicks
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:58 PM

i started AB and i got rs banned almost instantly it was only after like 4 or 5 mins this is the 2nd day in a row this has happened to me i didnt get any items and i used 4.5-9sec refresh times i wonder if something is wrong that that account

#6 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:02 PM

Grats,

I made a shit ton, when I was looking over logs - I saw that I purchased at least 3 500k+ stamps + a frozen turkey dinner which abrosia said i would've made 909k profit.
However, I let my account sit in stamps for over 4 hours cause I went somewhere and I didn't come back and I got Ice Chained.

Profits you say? - 10 mil ish. :(

#7 sc4fps3

sc4fps3
  • 299 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:48 PM

Terrible. Missed a lot of stamp RSes and only made about 800k-1m once my stuff sells. May I ask why you aren't selling Gourmet Cooking For Your Pet? I've seen quite a few people grabbing those.

I'm hoping that when the time for the one avatar comes around again, it'll still experience a decent jump in price. They're worth roughly 30K or so right now, but I haven't paid more than 1000 for any of my 30+. So even if they don't jump as they have previously, I've still got a fair profit. :)

As for the rest of my buys... the great part is that since I don't have any extremely expensive UBs, everything will be easy to sell. In fact, I just had one person clean up most of my < 10K books for sale. 250K in a matter of minutes, and now my shop is half empty. Huzzah! :)

edit: And someone else picked up the 2 UBs I had priced at buyable in my shop plus another book. 250K more, lol.

Edited by sc4fps3, 04 January 2011 - 02:50 PM.

#8 Pirates

Pirates
  • 302 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:52 PM

I just started using the auto buyer to price my shop. 150+ items to do along with the stock I had picked up.
I'll just say my shop is large enough to hold thousands of items C:

#9 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:53 PM

Ffs. I was literally saying "wow, no one made a topic for HPD this year!"

Bah

#10 Dreww

Dreww
  • 552 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:13 PM

I'm hoping that when the time for the one avatar comes around again, it'll still experience a decent jump in price. They're worth roughly 30K or so right now, but I haven't paid more than 1000 for any of my 30+. So even if they don't jump as they have previously, I've still got a fair profit. :)

As for the rest of my buys... the great part is that since I don't have any extremely expensive UBs, everything will be easy to sell. In fact, I just had one person clean up most of my < 10K books for sale. 250K in a matter of minutes, and now my shop is half empty. Huzzah! :)

edit: And someone else picked up the 2 UBs I had priced at buyable in my shop plus another book. 250K more, lol.

Heh, today seems to have made up for yesterday. 400k in ETS this morning and two HTS that should go for about 4-5m a piece when some J/I quester comes asking for one.

#11 sircomflix

sircomflix
  • 461 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:35 PM

Got about 40 items before I got RS banned.... Luckily, it snagged a few low UBs and one worth 2 mil.

#12 Tsunade

Tsunade
  • 676 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:35 PM

Probably only 5mil profit, rubbish

#13 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:36 PM

Probably only 5mil profit, rubbish

All you guys making me jealous. I got 27 buys with a profit of like 750k probably.

Edit: Not HPD, but I just missed a bag of peanuts :/

Edited by DenyingSystems, 04 January 2011 - 04:37 PM.

#14 Barophobia

Barophobia
  • 612 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:36 PM

how the hell are you guys able to amass such crazy profits? @_@

Is that running on only 1 account or do you guys have shells ABing as well?

#15 BEEEEWRRYY

BEEEEWRRYY
  • 315 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:50 PM

I was pretty happy with my 400k of which 200k is HTS. Until i saw this post. lol

#16 Dreww

Dreww
  • 552 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:05 PM

Is that running on only 1 account or do you guys have shells ABing as well?

I bounce between RSing during the day and ABing during the late night/early morning, so I've been able to aim for slightly riskier shops with the cover of RS&Chats and such.

#17 phr0sty

phr0sty
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:24 PM

are there any shops besides magic that should be ABer avoided? i have a sneaking suspicion that one shop in particular got me iced.

#18 Connery

Connery
  • 535 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:29 PM

are there any shops besides magic that should be ABer avoided? i have a sneaking suspicion that one shop in particular got me iced.

Merifoods and some say stamps (although I've never had a problem there).

#19 phr0sty

phr0sty
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:43 PM

Merifoods and some say stamps (although I've never had a problem there).

hmmmmm.... would you say pharmacy is safe? it stocks a few UBs

#20 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:49 PM

hmmmmm.... would you say pharmacy is safe? it stocks a few UBs

Everything is pretty safe depending on how you AB.
If you're going to AB for 10 hours straight, pretty much no shop is safe.

If you're going to AB for 30 minutes or so, stamp/magic/merifoods doesn't sound too bad with fast buy times
If you're going to AB for 3 hours or so at stamp/magic/merifoods with buy times of like 1500 - you might not get iced today, but you probably will get iced for that.

Pharmacy isn't that bad. My experiences with it are that the medicinal soap makes most of my profit. It's like 20-22k ish profit (I'm not really sure which) but it restocks pretty often.
Pharmacy probably isn't the greatest if you're trying to make a lot of money but it's always a nice fallback plan.

If you really want to learn how to maximize profit, read scot's guide to AB-ing in small shops (it's stickied). It's pretty helpful - sorting through the guide will help you with buy times as well.

#21 Acheron

Acheron
  • 586 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:56 PM

I'm mostly at books and fresh food for 6hrs per day. 2hrs abing and 2hrs break in between.

Buytime around 2000-3000 thou it can drop to 1800-1900 which scares me everytime.

On topic: HPD was awesome! Probably got a profit of 1.5mil with two UBs.

#22 sc4fps3

sc4fps3
  • 299 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:38 PM

Buytime around 2000-3000 thou it can drop to 1800-1900 which scares me everytime.

Really? My times are never about 2000 ms except when Abrosia freezes or my internet connection chokes suddenly. Never had a problem. I generally RS in books.

Pharmacy has become profitable again in the past week or two after the Faerieland bullshit ended. Eggs quadrupled in value overnight (best investment I've made in a long time. <3), Magic Cookies are profitable (when I was ABing in pharmacy a few months back they were below my 2500 profit minimum), and Medicinal Soap is 2.5x as expensive now as it was a few months ago. If you can catch Pharmacy at an active RSing time, it can be very profitable very quickly, especially considering how ETS medicine is. However, catching Pharmacy at an active time is like trying to thread an invisible needle. :\

I did manage to make about 500K a day off of Pharmacy between Christmas and New Years, surprisingly enough. :)

#23 googlehead

googlehead
  • 162 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:27 AM

After everything from today is sold I will have made 5.7m (2m from a mp). I was only able to AB for 5 hours today so I decided to go balls out and AB at Magic Stamps and Coins.

#24 equitatus

equitatus
  • 269 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:37 PM

wait I don't get all this success.

I mean half price day only increases your profit by decreasing the cost to buy it.
It shouldn't increase the number of items you buy right?
It should be like a normal day with less money spent.
And books were never that expensive

#25 sc4fps3

sc4fps3
  • 299 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:53 PM

wait I don't get all this success.

I mean half price day only increases your profit by decreasing the cost to buy it.
It shouldn't increase the number of items you buy right?
It should be like a normal day with less money spent.
And books were never that expensive

You're partially right. Yes, books aren't that expensive to begin with. The reason HPD is so great is because everyone and their brother restocks on HPD, so the shops are cleared out more frequently and are restocking more often than normal. That's where the extra profit for the shops comes from.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users