jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:36 PM

POPULAR POST!

http://userscripts.o...ipts/show/73331

Primary Objective:

Achieve the maximum Neopoints possible for a given day. This is for the purposes of achieving a monthly high score trophy.

Methodology:
The rules of the game state that you can only earn 5k per day from playing. The way to maximize your earnings is to get your daily winnings to 4,990 NPs, then win with a Max Bet.

The way I programmed this in is to always lose the first round of the day to take your Daily Winnings to -10.

Logic:
1's and 4's are obviously more important than 6's, as if you don't get the qualifiers, you have no chance of winning.

On any given roll, if you have both qualifiers, it will keep all 6's.

If you have only one of the qualifiers, it will keep a maximum of one 6.

If you have no qualifiers, it will only keep the highest die roll.

5's will only be kept if it's one of the last 2 dice.

4's will only be kept if it's the last die.

Results:
Typically, the overall win ratio will be about 1/4. This does not count pushes.

It is possible to keep playing for a streak after you have won the max points for the day purely trying to win (aka no forced losses trying for a streak avatar).

Note:
If you are the kind of person who runs a program while falling asleep (like me), I have a line built in that can help save your ass.

//alert("50 game pause")

Simply delete the "//" in the source and the script will pause itself every 50 games until you acknowledge it.

---

There is another option that I'm leaving enabled by default.

I'm leaving the option to play the last game manually.

It will simply alert "Do this one manually?"

At this point, you have a chance to disable the script before pressing Max Bid.

I did this because sometimes I think I play better than my logic, but that may be a fallacy of self confidence.

---

On the last game, it will alert that Max Points have been won for the day. Simply acknowledge this alert to carry on.

What is coming in the future release?

I should hopefully find a way to toggle back and forth between pure win and max win in the near future. For now, you're stuck with my logic ;)

Suggestions?

Post away!

Update:
I have created a second version that isn't trying for the trophy, so it makes the following changes:

-Never intentionally loses
-Bets 10 NP every game to minimize risk
-Never alerts to stop autoplaying

If you prefer this play style, you can download the alternate version here:
http://userscripts.o...ipts/show/94503

Edited by jcrboy, 08 January 2011 - 07:47 PM.

#2 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:40 PM

Edit: Stupid question - just reread your thread :(

Why do you always lose the first game of the day?

Edited by Turtleboy, 08 January 2011 - 04:45 PM.

#3 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:43 PM

Looks like some great work ^^
I cba to look at the code, but I'm sure it's super xP

#4 flashraven

flashraven
  • 552 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:48 PM

Oh yes! Thanks jcrboy! Looking forward to future releases/modifications too (for the avatars)! :)

EDIT: Sorry but mine will just stuck at the page after you chose your ante amount. The top of the page says "Figuring out what to do..." and nothing happens.

Edited by flashraven, 08 January 2011 - 04:58 PM.

#5 Tsunade

Tsunade
  • 676 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:56 PM

Repped

Ty for releasing baby :D

#6 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:00 PM

JCR - did you do the math on these calculations (to determine the playstyle) or would that be the way you normally play?

Just interested, I don't want to go through the math if you did it.
Question: Do you always grab all the qualifiers if they pop up? Maybe if it's the first roll (and you didn't get anything) and the only thing that shows are 1 and 4, it'll might make more sense to only take one qualifier instead of both

#7 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:09 PM

JCR - did you do the math on these calculations (to determine the playstyle) or would that be the way you normally play?

Just interested, I don't want to go through the math if you did it.
Question: Do you always grab all the qualifiers if they pop up? Maybe if it's the first roll (and you didn't get anything) and the only thing that shows are 1 and 4, it'll might make more sense to only take one qualifier instead of both

I didn't do any math on this, but I did average about 1/4 WINS (doesn't include ties).

And I'm 99% positive you should take any qualifiers if you roll them :p

Oh yes! Thanks jcrboy! Looking forward to future releases/modifications too (for the avatars)! :)

EDIT: Sorry but mine will just stuck at the page after you chose your ante amount. The top of the page says "Figuring out what to do..." and nothing happens.

Are you doing it in Firefox?

This script uses GM Variables, so it is necessary to use Firefox and Greasemonkey :/

#8 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:10 PM

There's no need to do any real calculations regarding logic, since every player has the exact same odds for getting each particular score.

The odds are a touch lower than a quarter because of the chance of a draw.

#9 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:14 PM

I didn't do any math on this, but I did average about 1/4 WINS (doesn't include ties).

And I'm 99% positive you should take any qualifiers if you roll them :p

I think you're probably right as well (just seeing from the 15 odd minutes of games I played)
For anybody that regularly plays Bilge Dice (from that forum discussion earlier apparently a lot of people play thousands of games) I was wondering - are the chances of getting 24 with the qualifiers really rare?

If so, I think the script - if you have 2 6's already and a 1/4, and a 6 and a 5 roll out - you should take the 6 and try for a reroll UNLESS you're already on a win streak.
However, I don't know much about the game and even less about coding - so I don't even know if it's possible.

I figure the math is pretty easy - just some expected values although it different orderings of how many dices you choose might make it pretty messy :(

There's no need to do any real calculations regarding logic, since every player has the exact same odds for getting each particular score.

The odds are a touch lower than a quarter because of the chance of a draw.

I was referring to calculations as in deciding what moves to pick. That's probably the best set of moves to win games - but I was wondering if there were say 1 multiplier on board and 2 6's would it be statistically smarter to grab one 1 and one 6 or one 1 and two 6's

#10 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:14 PM

w00t got the perfect score avatar on the 27th game!
thanks JC! :thumbsup:

Edited by iomega, 08 January 2011 - 05:20 PM.

#11 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:19 PM

I was referring to calculations as in deciding what moves to pick. That's probably the best set of moves to win games - but I was wondering if there were say 1 multiplier on board and 2 6's would it be statistically smarter to grab one 1 and one 6 or one 1 and two 6's

It wouldn't make a difference in terms of pure score, but since the qualifiers are required, you're better off hedging your bets on those.

#12 flashraven

flashraven
  • 552 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:23 PM

Are you doing it in Firefox?

This script uses GM Variables, so it is necessary to use Firefox and Greasemonkey :/

I was doing it on Chrome, no wonder :D Thanks! And repppp too :)

#13 bakedpotato

bakedpotato
  • 153 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:28 PM

Not sure if i'll use this yet, but +rep for releasing it.

thanks! Posted Image

#14 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:36 PM

w00t got the perfect score avatar on the 27th game!
thanks JC! :thumbsup:

This is what I like to hear :3

#15 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:37 PM

Oh wow I was just looking for one of these! Now if I can figure out how to use greasemonkey..

#16 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:41 PM

Oh wow I was just looking for one of these! Now if I can figure out how to use greasemonkey..

You don't have to use it.
You just install it and go to the Bilge Dice page. Make sure greasemonkey is on though.

EDIT:
What are the chances of getting the avatar (getting a 24) when you actually get a 24.
I got it twice but no avatar :/

Edited by Turtleboy, 08 January 2011 - 05:43 PM.

#17 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:45 PM

Oh awesome! Thanks for the help! This is going to be so nice!!

#18 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:45 PM

What are the chances of getting the avatar (getting a 24) when you actually get a 24.
I got it twice but no avatar :/

It's random... I don't think anyone's ever calculated the rough odds.

#19 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:47 PM

It's random... I don't think anyone's ever calculated the rough odds.

It would be hard to achieve anyway, as it's a one-time event. It's not like you can just keep trying for it after you already have it for statistical purposes.

#20 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:48 PM

It would be hard to achieve anyway, as it's a one-time event. It's not like you can just keep trying for it after you already have it for statistical purposes.

Indeed. You'd need data from a huge number of accounts, and an operation on that scale can't be guaranteed even remotely accurate.

#21 Reality

Reality
  • 106 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:49 PM

Thanks a lot. I hate playing this game manually with a passion.

#22 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:52 PM

Indeed. You'd need data from a huge number of accounts, and an operation on that scale can't be guaranteed even remotely accurate.

Haha, you could ask people how many 24's they got before they got their avatars (for people who did it legit) :p shouldn't be that horrible - i feel like I would remember something that was so boring :(

For what I was talking about earlier -
TDN advises you to grab two 6's if there's either a 1 or a 4 not both
http://www.thedailyn...mes/bilge-dice/

However, it seems JCR's method is the best (at least from the games I've played so far - but this situation didn't come up that much)

Edited by Turtleboy, 08 January 2011 - 05:53 PM.

#23 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:01 PM

Just from the few minutes I had it playing, it's already worked a whole lot better for me than manually playing. Definitely going to be using this a lot. Again, nice work!!

#24 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:16 PM

Haha, you could ask people how many 24's they got before they got their avatars (for people who did it legit) :p shouldn't be that horrible - i feel like I would remember something that was so boring :(

It took me several days of "playing hard" to get the 24 avatar last time I tried :3

#25 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:17 PM

It took me several days of "playing hard" to get the 24 avatar last time I tried :3

Whereas on my last account, I got it first 24.

The range is huge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users