Photo

Anyone like anime?

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#1 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:08 PM

I know it's not that hard to find someone who's seen the mainstream stuff like Naruto, Bleach and One Piece but are there any real anime fans out there?

If so what's your favourite anime? Worst? Sub or Dub? Discuss everything here :p

#2 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:12 PM

I'm a total CLAMP fanboy.
And sub, all the way.

#3 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:15 PM

Yeah. Sub is better then Dub.

I like dearS and wish it was more mainstream.

#4 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:33 PM

I have to say i'm guilty for following the typical 3 - Naruto, OP, and Bleach... I also follow Fairy Tail, Ippo and Histories Strongest Disciple..

Can anyone recommend any other good ones :)?

#5 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:46 PM

lol Hajime no Ippo. Is that still going? I remember reading that when I was like 7 :p A friend of mine recently started the +900 chapter manga during exam week o.0 (I don't think she'll survive...)

As for recommendations...what do you like? Personal favs I would recommend would be Gurren Lagann, Durarara and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood for anime and Soul Eater and Claymore for manga.

I'm a total CLAMP fanboy.
And sub, all the way.

Cardcaptor Sakura? No way :p What else did they write? We are talking the manga group right? o.0

I like dearS and wish it was more mainstream.

Haven't seen it :(

Edited by Kuro, 09 January 2011 - 04:27 AM.

#6 Blissey

Blissey
  • 581 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:56 PM

I am a fangirl of Death Note, Death Note is one of my favorites.

#7 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:01 PM

Cardcaptor Sakura? No way :p What else did they write? We are talking the manga group right? o.0

Chobits, Angelic Layer, xxxHOLiC and Tsubasa Chronicles are my favourites :p Plus Sakura, as you mentioned.

#8 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:12 PM

I have my phases where I'll pick up a Manga, read it nonstop for a day or two and then get bored. Idk, I don't like waiting weeks for a new 30 seconds of reading material.

#9 Seren

Seren
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:12 PM

Ooooh, I love anime! Subs only. Only only only.

Some favorites are Honey and Clover, Elfen Lied, Ergo Proxy, Gantz, Azumanga Daioh, Black Lagoon, Lovely Complex, Shingetsutan Tsukihime, Witch Hunter Robin and a lot more.

I'm currently watching Nodame Cantibile, xxxHoLiC (I keep stopping and starting this one), and just started Durarara!!

I love spectacular violence, futuristic settings and a little romance. :)

#10 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:18 PM

Elfen Lied is an excellent short series.
I second the recommendation strongly ^^

#11 leurz

leurz
  • 146 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:32 PM

Just finished Samurai 7 and i'm so enamored with it right now I can't tell if it's one of my favorites.

For some reason, a lot of die-hard anime fans say Elfen Lied is overrated. I think it is great and would like to third the recommendation with the addition of : WTF cousins?!?

My other favorites are:
Cowboy Bebop--Only time I have to have Dubbed!
HIgurashi no Naku Koro ni (and Kai)
Ouran High School Host Club
Yumeiro Patissiere
Bakemonogatari

and I grew up on Pokemon, Inuyasha, and Samurai X :p

#12 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:05 PM

I've watched a couple that were (forcefully) recommended to me by the girl: Ouran High School Host Club and School Rumble. I really enjoyed School Rumble and it's quite easily my favourite anime.

i've tried watching others on my own (Initial D, Soul Eater, Death Note) but none of them interested me that much.

OH also there's the ones that i watched before school: Pokemon, Digimon, DBZ, Cardcaptor Sakura (i had a crush on her and the older kair from digimon :blush:)

hmm im sure there were more, but that's all i can remember at the moment.

Edited by iomega, 08 January 2011 - 11:05 PM.

#13 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:52 AM

Watched way too much anime, but my alltime favorites are: Berserk (skip the first episode), Code Geass, Legend of the Galactic heroes (watched 50 eps of it, waiting til my friend gives me it on bluray and then I'll rewatch the whole thing) Monster, Clannad, Cross Game, Full Metal Panic (all seasons), School Rumble, Ouran, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Death Note

Theres so many good animes out there, at least 200, then it starts going downhill from there :p

An anime that I really liked but it's pretty old is Touch. I highly recommend watching it before Cross Game. (I chose this anime because I'm sure not many people have heard of it)

Go down this list if you want to watch all the good anime (I hate episodic though) The shoujos are surprisingly good too except I could not finish Saiunkoku Monogatari and Versailles no Bara and Maria-sama ga Miteru and Card Captor Sakura and Hana Yori Dango and Kodomo no Omocha

http://anidb.net/per...date=1&airing=2

I'm watching these two animes right now: Katanagatari and Tenkuu no Escaflowne

If anyone cares, the mainstream anime I'm watching are Bleach and One Piece. I don't feel like watching the anime of Naruto anymore; I'm just going to read more of the manga when I get around to it.

#14 Barophobia

Barophobia
  • 612 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:30 AM

Why speaking of anime- I'm watching Shangri-La right now.

Also, I love comedy anime more than anything else. Guess i just love laughing my ass off. If anyone wants a good laugh: Baka to Test to Shokanju. :D

#15 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:55 AM

Why speaking of anime- I'm watching Shangri-La right now.

Also, I love comedy anime more than anything else. Guess i just love laughing my ass off. If anyone wants a good laugh: Baka to Test to Shokanju. :D

I highly recommend Tenshi na Konamaiki I saw it recently and I literally watched 48 episodes in a day.

It was absolutely hilarious and very underrated.

#16 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:24 AM

, and just started Durarara!!

YES! Easily the best anime series ever :p None of my friends want to watch it though *sigh* they don't know what they're missing. Hope it turns out good for you

Someone above mentioned Fullmetal Panic. That's my dad's favourite anime of all time. I have the whole series on DvD XD

And I still watch Naruto. One Piece I keep picking up and dropping it periodically (right now I'm at the dropping phase) and Bleach I haven't touched in like forever. The manga art is terrible now and the story sucks -_-

Edited by Kuro, 09 January 2011 - 04:30 AM.

#17 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:33 AM

YES! Easily the best anime series ever :p None of my friends want to watch it though *sigh* they don't know what they're missing. Hope it turns out good for you

Someone above mentioned Fullmetal Panic. That's my dad's favourite anime of all time. I have the whole series on DvD XD

And I still watch Naruto. One Piece I keep picking up and dropping it periodically (right now I'm at the dropping phase) and Bleach I haven't touched in like forever. The manga art is terrible now and the story sucks -_-

I didn't finish durara for some reason, I'll have to get back into it, I watched about 12 episodes of it. Probably because it felt inferior to Baccano.

I have the 1080p bluray downloaded of Full Metal Panic :D

#18 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:41 AM

I love Clamp (manga more than the animes usually, though), Peacemaker Kurogane, Azumanga Daoih, Ganketsuou and lately, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt.

#19 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:56 AM

Oh neat, another anime thread!

my likings travel over a wide variety of genres, and I'll pretty much watch anything, no matter how feminine or.....mature it is. (Bible Black anyone?)

For most series I prefer Subs to dubs because it sounds much more natural, although the fansubs tend to make that a little annoying to understand if they try to be cool and edgy and throw in some stupid joke instead of a more literal translation.

Just recently watched Shinryaku! Ika Musume as well, thought it was pretty entertaining, wished it was longer though, 12 episodes isn't long enough. Though, I still have the K-ON movie to look forward to, whenever that's going to be released.

#20 BERRIES

BERRIES
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:00 AM

Special A! Very hilarious and cute! I know sub is subtitles, what's dub? Audio? o.o

#21 equitatus

equitatus
  • 269 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:42 AM

MY favorites would be

Darker than black,
FMA
and Death note.

And soul eater minus the crappy ending.

Edited by equitatus, 09 January 2011 - 09:42 AM.

#22 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:48 AM

Special A! Very hilarious and cute! I know sub is subtitles, what's dub? Audio? o.o

Dubbed as in the North American release, where they dub it with their silly voices.

#23 leurz

leurz
  • 146 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:28 PM

I didn't finish durara for some reason, I'll have to get back into it, I watched about 12 episodes of it. Probably because it felt inferior to Baccano.

Maybe I should watch Durarara. I watched Baccano and then got pissed off at the end. I get angry when an anime patronizes me >:(
Maybe it's one of those pairs of things where you can only like one.

#24 Acheron

Acheron
  • 586 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:32 PM

Hmm..

Used to watch getbackers, shaman king and inuyasha. Recently got back into animes and is currently watching rental magicia. So far so good. :thumbsup:

#25 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:07 AM

Hmm..

Used to watch getbackers, shaman king and inuyasha. Recently got back into animes and is currently watching rental magicia. So far so good. :thumbsup:

Aggh.. why are you watching those average animes, there are WAY better ones out there.

Watch berserk, it's pretty awesome SKIP THE FIRST EPISODE THOUGH. The manga of it is pretty epic.. has one of the best drawings I've seen in a manga(you have to read the manga after the anime) If you're into love polygons watch Clannad, Clannad is one of the best romance animes.

@Elindor, I will give Shinryaku! Ika Musume a try sometime.

I'm watching Shiki right now.

I watched a few episodes of Special A and could not get into it. I don't know why; maybe it was the reviews on it that made me not want to finish it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users