Photo

Anyone like anime?

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#51 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:03 AM

For the most part, no, i've never really been too interested in it. I've never seen what all the big hype was about. (This and cigarettes I will never understand.)

#52 Nubge

Nubge
  • 234 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:05 AM

I'm not really into anime, but I like DBZ.

#53 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:34 PM

Shiki was awesome by the way, a little slow at first but really worth watching.

#54 BERRIES

BERRIES
  • 232 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:23 AM

The romance in Shaman King gets developed very slowly, I thought overall was quite hilarious. Oh?! Got second generation?? O.O! Oh yeah, there's also another quite humorous anime, uh, Wallflower?

#55 unigirl

unigirl
  • 513 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:55 AM

I dont know much about animes. Havent watched many but I really love "Death Note" (guess BERRIES does too because the avatar looks like L) and "Wolfs Rain". Maybe someone can recommend something :) Dont like that naruto-stuff xD

Edited by unigirl, 16 January 2011 - 06:56 AM.

#56 BERRIES

BERRIES
  • 232 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:16 AM

I dont know much about animes. Havent watched many but I really love "Death Note" (guess BERRIES does too because the avatar looks like L) and "Wolfs Rain". Maybe someone can recommend something :) Dont like that naruto-stuff xD

It IS L!! Hahahahahas. I didn't watch the anime or read the manga, only watched the movies. Very lazy to read the many chapters of the manga and the many episodes of the anime. xD

#57 unigirl

unigirl
  • 513 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:35 AM

xD I didnt watched the movie because everybody looks sooo strange except for Ryuk ^^ I watched the anime like 3 times xD It's really good. Can't imagine how the whole story fits in just one movie.

#58 Dichromate

Dichromate
  • 277 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:46 AM

It IS L!! Hahahahahas. I didn't watch the anime or read the manga, only watched the movies. Very lazy to read the many chapters of the manga and the many episodes of the anime. xD

The manga has more depth than the movie, I think. The manga had a lot of depth/mindfuckery in it, and I don't think you can cram it all into 2 hours worth of movie. That said though, I never actually watched the movie itself, so... xD

#59 unigirl

unigirl
  • 513 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:50 AM

The manga has more depth than the movie, I think. The manga had a lot of depth/mindfuckery in it, and I don't think you can cram it all into 2 hours worth of movie. That said though, I never actually watched the movie itself, so... xD

Thats what I wanted to say bout the anime =) Never red the manga. Just heard that it has a different ending than the anime.

#60 Wil

Wil
  • 200 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:59 AM

A favorite of mine is D. Gray Man. The worst anime IMO is 07 Ghost. Horribly short, and I thought the ending and plot line sucked.

#61 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:10 AM

If you can't handle a series as short as Death Note, what the hell do you watch? OVAs?

#62 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:54 PM

A favorite of mine is D. Gray Man. The worst anime IMO is 07 Ghost. Horribly short, and I thought the ending and plot line sucked.

D Gray man is pretty awesome, although the ending was disappointing for me.

#63 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:55 PM

Does Howl's Moving Castle count as anime although it's just a movie?
I loved that movie so much. :')

#64 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:01 PM

Does Howl's Moving Castle count as anime although it's just a movie?
I loved that movie so much. :')

It does count. I like Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke better :p

If you can't handle a series as short as Death Note, what the hell do you watch? OVAs?

Probably the usually incorrectly paced 11 episode animes are the best ones for him

#65 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:26 PM

I never understood what's up with the 11 episode animes. One typical season is 13 eps isn't it?

My favourite of miyazaki's work was Nausicaa. But I love Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service and Castle in the Sky too.

New winter season started. What's everyone watching now?

Gosick has me intrigued, Beelzebub was a major dissapointment (all my friends drool over it but I'm not very impressed with it so far) o.0 , Kore wa Zombie desu ka? & Mitsudomoe 2 are hilarious as usual :p

#66 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:51 PM

It does count. I like Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke better :p

I was going to watch Spirited Away, I think. I'm not sure if that's the one I'm thinking of, but the intro was much too boring. :(

#67 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:32 AM

I was going to watch Spirited Away, I think. I'm not sure if that's the one I'm thinking of, but the intro was much too boring. :(

It's really slow at first, but it's REALLY good.

I also love Kiki's Delivery Service! I need to watch the subtitled version one day.

I never understood what's up with the 11 episode animes. One typical season is 13 eps isn't it?

My favourite of miyazaki's work was Nausicaa. But I love Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service and Castle in the Sky too.

New winter season started. What's everyone watching now?

Gosick has me intrigued, Beelzebub was a major dissapointment (all my friends drool over it but I'm not very impressed with it so far) o.0 , Kore wa Zombie desu ka? & Mitsudomoe 2 are hilarious as usual :p

I remember Nausicaa was good but I don't remember much of it, probably need to rewatch it.
About the new winter season, I am waiting until it is done before I watch it and as a result, I'm trying to watch Vampire Knight via recommendation from a friend, but it's making me feel empty inside; the characters are pretty dull and emoish. I don't know if it's going to get any better, as I have only watched 4 or 5 episodes so far.

#68 iceberg2477

iceberg2477
  • 353 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:45 AM

just about any anime im willing to give it a try.. any suggestions on what i may find on netflix? i swear they need to make a "anime" category so i dont have find it by chance

#69 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:59 AM

Anime on netflix? Sounds like a scary thought. (I'm assuming it will all be dubbed, that's why it sounds scary)

#70 iceberg2477

iceberg2477
  • 353 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:12 AM

Anime on netflix? Sounds like a scary thought. (I'm assuming it will all be dubbed, that's why it sounds scary)

lol yea i know what you mean but its not bad.. some stuff are dubbed others arent. the good anime ive seen arent dubbed but once funimation is involved it gets dicey :/

#71 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:20 AM

Dubbed anime is almost always terrible, like 1% of voice actors are good for dubs. Japan invests so much in Japanese voice acting for animation, not so much for english dubbing

#72 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:36 PM

Dubbed anime is almost always terrible, like 1% of voice actors are good for dubs. Japan invests so much in Japanese voice acting for animation, not so much for english dubbing

I hate Naruto's English voice. He sounds so fucking constipated.
(some guy's DP reminded me.)

#73 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:35 PM

Ugh. English Naruto always says "believe it!" where the fuck did they get that saying? It's so annoying >.<

The only decent dub I've ever heard: Gurren Lagann. And the sub is still way better. I only watch dub the 2nd time. Like some Gundam episodes I re-watched in dub because I couldn't read and watch the fight scenes and get them both to register

Spirited Away is amazing. It starts out kinda slow but hey. Almost all of them do. Bottome line: It won an Oscar (an you don't normally see japanese shows get american awards!) So it has to be good :p

#74 Dichromate

Dichromate
  • 277 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:13 PM

Mmm, you guys know any site to download anime, by the way? Something reliable with decent sets of episodes. Not really into it last time, but thinking to rectify it. Gonna watch the Kyou Kara Maoh series again properly this time - pretty funny series.

#75 iceberg2477

iceberg2477
  • 353 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:14 PM

I hate Naruto's English voice. He sounds so fucking constipated.
(some guy's DP reminded me.)

i wonder who... lol. yea naruto is best with subtitles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users