Photo

Anyone like anime?

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#151 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:00 PM

Fruits Basket is a really cute love story.
FMA is good action/comedy
FLCL (Fooly Cooly) is really weird but funny as hell.... Warning: You may need asprin after :p
Hana Kimi is good (Romance and comedy)

Just read Hana Kimi, awesome :D

#152 XxXGenesisXxX

XxXGenesisXxX
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:44 PM

Wtf?! I may have missed it skimming the posts... But why the hell has no one mentioned Neon Genesis: Evangelion?!

#153 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:15 PM

evangelion was good, but i don't find it worthy enough to rewatch over and over =p
no offence to any fans out there.

I've probably seen the whole series twice

#154 Domehades

Domehades
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:36 AM

naruto ftw!

#155 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:01 AM

To get an insight into what japan is experiencing right now (except worse) Watch Magnitude 8.0

It's really really good.

#156 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:52 PM

evangelion was good, but i don't find it worthy enough to rewatch over and over =p
no offence to any fans out there.

I've probably seen the whole series twice

Evangelion is like the anime bible. You have no friken clue what's going on in the end but it's still a classic :p I liked it up until the director went nuts and figured "art" was more important than plot and development....the thing is his "art" flies by normal people's head but other artists think it's amazing. They think differently I guess *shrug*

And can I change this title to Official Anime Thread? I've noticed a lot of boards being made about anime and they're just getting redirected here lol

#157 vurty

vurty
  • 208 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:16 PM

afro samurai wasn't bad

afro samurai wasn't bad

afro samurai wasn't bad

this 502 gateway error is so annoying, it keeps double and triple posting me ><

#158 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:53 PM

Did anyone watch Level E? It's really epic
http://anidb.net/per...=anime&aid=8057

I wrote a recommendation for it xD

http://anidb.net/per...o=recs&aid=8057

#159 italkaboutoddthings

italkaboutoddthings
  • 139 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:56 PM

.hack, One Piece, Break Blade. Love em all equally :o But one peice makes me cry :) Sniff

#160 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:58 PM

.hack, One Piece, Break Blade. Love em all equally :o But one peice makes me cry :) Sniff

Yeah, One Piece is probably the most emotional Shounen I've ever seen. Many sad scenes

#161 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:14 PM

Yeah, One Piece is probably the most emotional Shounen I've ever seen. Many sad scenes

One Piece is anime gold *drools*
latest chapter is pretty good

anyway if you liked one piece for the emotional content, I'm sure you'd like Fullmetal alchemist: Brotherhood

#162 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:15 PM

One Piece is anime gold *drools*
latest chapter is pretty good

anyway if you liked one piece for the emotional content, I'm sure you'd like Fullmetal alchemist: Brotherhood

I've seen that already :p Awesome as well

#163 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:09 PM

Rose of Versailles is just about the saddest anime I've ever seen. Pretty educational, as it's based on the french revolution. I marathoned it. I highly recommend it.

http://anidb.net/per...w=anime&aid=181

#164 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:17 PM

Speaking of which. Anyone catching the new spring animes?

Finished Submarine No. 6 and Read or Die. First one was kinda fail but the art was nice. Read or Die was pretty good until they hit 2nd season and tried to do too much.

#165 mjcm

mjcm
  • 122 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:19 PM

fairy tail, naruto, one piece, and bleach rocks! :D

#166 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:02 AM

Sigh.....

Anyways, I'm actually watching something from this season, although there's like 30 shows, I'd rather just follow two and see if I don't kill myself from waiting.

So far I'm following Nichijou and Iroha, both being rather entertaining and I recommend them both.

#167 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:37 PM

Sigh.....

Anyways, I'm actually watching something from this season, although there's like 30 shows, I'd rather just follow two and see if I don't kill myself from waiting.

So far I'm following Nichijou and Iroha, both being rather entertaining and I recommend them both.

I try to wait until an anime is almost done or done until I watch it :p I hate being disappointed by a horrible ending and the ratings reflect that most of the time.

#168 Badge

Badge
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:41 PM

Death note, bleach and Naruto ofcourse for me :)

#169 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:26 PM

Even though I'm a guy, I still love Ouran High School Host Club. That anime is just
really funny and have great satirical material. If you don't believe me, just assume
that I'm a fanboy for good shoujo anime.

My all time favorite anime is definitely Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. The first season
of FMA is pretty good considering how the mangaka wanted variations in the franchise, but
FMA Brotherhood is excellent in plot, emotion, beliefs that easily form an internet cult, and
just rocks.

#170 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:50 PM

ooo, i've heard that fairytail has been adapted into an anime series.
How's that going so far?
The story arcs in the manga seem to be super fast and not very well explained, which was why I hadn't looked further into watching the anime series.

Eyeshield 21 was an awesome manga series, but the anime just killed it. =[

#171 Rooshy

Rooshy
  • 254 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:55 PM

...Does Pokemon count? =|

#172 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:06 PM

*pat pat* no... sadly no... By definition... yes, but no...

ooo, i've heard that fairytail has been adapted into an anime series.How's that going so far?

The story arcs in the manga seem to be super fast and not very well explained, which was why I hadn't looked further into watching the anime series.

I haven't read the manga to give you a good answer, but I really enjoyed the anime series. From what I heard, there is only
one short filler arc that lasts for about 10 episodes, but that's better than 50% filler from other ongoing 50+ ep mainstream anime.
Since I didn't read the manga, as an anime, Fairy Tail is very memorable with its own unique set of gags and plotline.

#173 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:28 PM

I haven't read the manga to give you a good answer, but I really enjoyed the anime series. From what I heard, there is only
one short filler arc that lasts for about 10 episodes, but that's better than 50% filler from other ongoing 50+ ep mainstream anime.
Since I didn't read the manga, as an anime, Fairy Tail is very memorable with its own unique set of gags and plotline.

sounds pretty good then, i really hate random fillers. I'll youtube an ep to see if it's worth downloading then. Thanks for the input.

Yes, but since we grew up watching it in english, I wouldn't call say it's the same.
That said, I recently went on a pokemon anime marathon and am now up to date with season 14 =p

#174 GeorgeBright

GeorgeBright
  • 503 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:04 AM

I used to watch it when I was in high school.
I mostly watched guy anime series. I didn't really care for the mysterious magical schoolgirl childhood friend mecha love triangle slice of life type stuff.

#175 frostsnow

frostsnow
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:01 AM

Sub is definetely so much better then Dub.
Only anime that I really like with Dub though is Full metal Alchemist, and that's only because I've met the voice actor for Edward. (He has such a pleasant voice!)

My favourite Animes are Full Metal Alchemist, Bleach, Soul Eater and Ouran.
I'm rather liking Hetalia too! Fun short eps!

I used to be a big fan of Pokemon, DBZ, Cardcaptors and Digimon when I was younger. Digimon is great, but just the first 2 seasons. Never quite understood the later ones.

I like Avatar; The Last Air Bender, but that's always debatable to whether it's anime or not. Still great fun to watch though. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users