Photo

Anyone like anime?

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#176 Noobert

Noobert
  • 144 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:21 AM

Was anyone else into Saint Seiya I used to love that as a kid.

now days i stick to just watching one piece. I enjoy reading manga more than watching the animes.

#177 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:10 AM

I finally made an anime list, so if anyone wants to see some good animes to watch, just check it :p

#178 Seven

Seven
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:31 PM

I haven't been into anime for a while until recently with Madoka Magica, and now i"m rearing for a horror/psychological series that's pretty good.

Haven't finished Serial Experiments Lain, mixed feelings about it. Definitely should watch Evangelion + movies. Watched Ergo Proxy. Wanted to watch Shadow Star Narutaru, but only picked up a dub version, pretty sub par. Any suggestions would be welcome.

#179 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:42 PM

I haven't been into anime for a while until recently with Madoka Magica, and now i"m rearing for a horror/psychological series that's pretty good.

Haven't finished Serial Experiments Lain, mixed feelings about it. Definitely should watch Evangelion + movies. Watched Ergo Proxy. Wanted to watch Shadow Star Narutaru, but only picked up a dub version, pretty sub par. Any suggestions would be welcome.

You def need to see Monster then, very good psychological/horror

#180 rhexis07

rhexis07
  • 205 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:33 AM

Slam Dunk? :drool: Okay it's pretty mainstream, but I watched the last episode of the anime enough times to memorize the entire script. Mine was Chinese dubbed by the way, just in case you guys think I'm Japanese crazed.

#181 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:42 AM

You def need to see Monster then, very good psychological/horror

damn, monster was damn freaky at times.... I found myself getting scared at parts. Though I did kind of feel sorry for Johan though...

Hrmm...I haven't really been watching any anime lately, mainly tv series and pokemon BW.
Anyone know of any good series that have started within the last 2 years?

Also, any news on school rumble season 3? =/

#182 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:57 PM

damn, monster was damn freaky at times.... I found myself getting scared at parts. Though I did kind of feel sorry for Johan though...

Hrmm...I haven't really been watching any anime lately, mainly tv series and pokemon BW.
Anyone know of any good series that have started within the last 2 years?

Also, any news on school rumble season 3? =/

There are many good series that have finished within the last 2 years. Check out my list :p

I'm watching Tantei Gakuen Q right now, awesome anime.

http://anidb.net/per...w=anime&aid=642

#183 Plunk

Plunk
  • Official Neocodex Dollface

• 545 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:15 PM

Right now I've been working on watching more anime. I'm mostly hoping it will inspire me to draw more, but there are also a few titles I've been meaning to watch.
Currently, I'm watching, and in order of importance to me:
1. Bleach
2. Birdy The Mighty
3. Inuyasha
4. Cowboy Beebop

#184 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:56 AM

Right now I've been working on watching more anime. I'm mostly hoping it will inspire me to draw more, but there are also a few titles I've been meaning to watch.
Currently, I'm watching, and in order of importance to me:
1. Bleach
2. Birdy The Mighty
3. Inuyasha
4. Cowboy Beebop

I caught up to bleach(a few weeks ago, still waiting for more episodes to go by, never heard of birdy the might, (looked up ratings, said it was bad) Never really liked inuyasha, cowboy bebop was good however.

by the way, one piece is better than bleach, has much better character development and action scenes. I do like bleach, but it doesn't give me that emotional attachment one piece does.

#185 without123

without123
  • 213 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:08 AM

I liked Death Note.
I'm not a hardcore fan, but I do know my stuff :) I'm usually interested in the first 10 episodes? Then I get bored and just read the summary on wikipedia x]
I remembering loving prince of tennis though!
Watched all 100+ episodes. But then when I saw there was a sequal series, I was like
oh fuck that.

#186 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:56 AM

There are many good series that have finished within the last 2 years. Check out my list :p

I'm watching Tantei Gakuen Q right now, awesome anime.

http://anidb.net/per...w=anime&aid=642

ooo, isn't tantei gakuen Q an old series? or was there a remake?
I remember watching both the anime and the live action (which was really hard to find)

I haven't heard of most of the anime on your list, but I've added it to my 'to watch' list for when I finish studying for the year. =p
Cant' afford many distractions atm.

#187 rhexis07

rhexis07
  • 205 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:57 AM

I caught up to bleach(a few weeks ago, still waiting for more episodes to go by, never heard of birdy the might, (looked up ratings, said it was bad) Never really liked inuyasha, cowboy bebop was good however.

by the way, one piece is better than bleach, has much better character development and action scenes. I do like bleach, but it doesn't give me that emotional attachment one piece does.

I gave up on bleach after the last episode of the Aizen arc. I thought it was getting a little too much, and it doesn't seem to be going in any direction. Its manga is getting terrible.

And I do agree, One Piece is much better than Bleach. Initially I didn't want to watch One Piece because there were too much episodes to catch up with. But when Bleach got boring, I gave One Piece a go and my god, it was awesome. I had already watched it before on TV, but it stopped showing, so I roughly knew what it was about. I must say, the way Oda builds up a plot or a character is awesome. And he even remember stuffs that was said in the anime 10 years ago.

#188 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:58 AM

I remembering loving prince of tennis though!
Watched all 100+ episodes. But then when I saw there was a sequal series, I was like
oh fuck that.

o0o0o, prince of tennis was okay,
but I found the sequel to be way more entertaining, probably because I've only read the manga.
Whereas I watched the anime for the original except for the national tournament which I read instead.

#189 Plunk

Plunk
  • Official Neocodex Dollface

• 545 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:21 AM

Eh, I never really cared much for One Piece. I also recently finished watching Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Zoids: New Century Zero.
Yeah, I went back and watched everything that was on Toonami when I was a kid.

#190 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:47 AM

ooo, isn't tantei gakuen Q an old series? or was there a remake?
I remember watching both the anime and the live action (which was really hard to find)

I haven't heard of most of the anime on your list, but I've added it to my 'to watch' list for when I finish studying for the year. =p
Cant' afford many distractions atm.

It is an older series, but I am finding anything that is good to watch :p

#191 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:12 PM

It is an older series, but I am finding anything that is good to watch :p

you wouldn't happen to know where I'd be able to download/stream the Kindaichi Case files do you?
It's an earlier detective series from the same author as Tantei Gakuen Q

#192 italkaboutoddthings

italkaboutoddthings
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:23 PM

On occasion i do watch anime. I usually watch something in Death Note or Claymore. Back when i was smaller Ouran Host Club was great, for female and males alike. You can see many extensions of it in many Korean and Japanese prime time shows. Anything like naruto, a bromance. Or bleach, progressing getting weaker than trains to get stronger. Than loses his power than regaining it is just lacks insight, and is regarded as many as a useless anime.

#193 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:09 AM

you wouldn't happen to know where I'd be able to download/stream the Kindaichi Case files do you?
It's an earlier detective series from the same author as Tantei Gakuen Q

Not all of the episodes are subtitled, do you still want to watch it?

http://anidb.net/per...=anime&aid=1240

#194 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:18 AM

Not all of the episodes are subtitled, do you still want to watch it?

http://anidb.net/per...=anime&aid=1240

I was under the impression the anidb is only for making lists and getting information on anime,
not streaming/downloading.

I'll probably stick with the subbed versions and give a few jap eps a go,
my jap's a bit rusty since I haven't practiced it since high school

#195 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:19 AM

I was under the impression the anidb is only for making lists and getting information on anime,
not streaming/downloading.

I'll probably stick with the subbed versions and give a few jap eps a go,
my jap's a bit rusty since I haven't practiced it since high school

It doesn't let you download, but it does tell you how many episodes there are subbed for what language.

http://www.otakucop....etail.php?g=ARR

Only 59 out of 148 have been subbed

#196 LrCz

LrCz
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:21 PM

I love deathnote

#197 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:14 PM

I love deathnote

What an informative and glorious addition to the topic.

#198 rhexis07

rhexis07
  • 205 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:09 AM

Eh, I never really cared much for One Piece. I also recently finished watching Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Zoids: New Century Zero.
Yeah, I went back and watched everything that was on Toonami when I was a kid.

That's what I told my friend who has been trying to psycho me to watch One Piece for about 2-3 years. We used to watch it when it just started to air on TV, but it was cut off.

I'm not sure if you watched it before, but if you do have time, try to watch a few of their episodes, as well as their fights. It's epic. I do find Bleach's fight more exciting, but One Piece's fight has very good build-ups.

#199 Sovie

Sovie
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:25 AM

Watching Jigoku Shoujo while RSing. I forgot how sad some of these episodes are. Subs ftw! Though there are a few series that I can stand dubs of. It's just that most English VAs don't stand up to Japanese seiyuus.

#200 RWS

RWS
  • 596 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:27 AM

I used to be really into anime. Gundam Wing was definitely my favorite series, but I also watched/read Full Metal Alchemist, Naruto, and Yugioh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users