Photo

Baking things! :D

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#26 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:00 AM

Oh wow. The second one is amazing, but I've never done more than two layers and besides that it would be impossible to take with me.
I just bought a 'cake carrier' which can carry a one layer cake and keep it fresh :)

I decided to make two kissing fish and some seaweed etc. Because he just got a new aquarium ^^

Oh, yeah, the transport issue. I kind of got distracted by the awesome layers.

Sounds cool. Did you take pics?

#27 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:07 AM

I love the look of these ones! O_o
Really need to find out how to make one of those, would be a perfect dope cake :3

"The marbling effect is created by placing white and chocolate cake batters, alternately in a bundt pan, and then running a knife (do not stir) through the two batters"

My mother and I are going to attempt to construct a cake in the shape of the Yellow Submarine this weekend. Pics to follow.

#28 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:35 PM

Funnel cake..

I wish someone would be god damn fascinated with my amazing funnel cake making ability. Why wait for summer to go to a carnival or wonderland when I can make it for you all year long? ;)

Unfortunately it's the only dessert I can make but at least it turns out really good. I talk about crepes a lot, but it's my mom who makes the batter for them.

#29 Lallard

Lallard
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:30 AM

aaaaaaaaw what a pretty cake!

i hate baking and i never really done it but i googled cake pictures and fell in love with those:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

...and to think I've seen everything on the internet. I'd be damned if they made a unicorn cake out of this.

#30 Kevingroetz

Kevingroetz
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:25 PM

That cake just gave me a headache.

#31 Lallard

Lallard
  • 487 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:18 AM

Funnel cake..

I wish someone would be god damn fascinated with my amazing funnel cake making ability. Why wait for summer to go to a carnival or wonderland when I can make it for you all year long? ;)

Unfortunately it's the only dessert I can make but at least it turns out really good. I talk about crepes a lot, but it's my mom who makes the batter for them.

Isn't it basically just deep fried cake batter? Man, if I knew how to make a legit funnel cake I'd probably gain 5 pounds in one week :p. Speaking of carnival food, just recently I learned the monstrosity called "fried cheesecake".

#32 Fenty

Fenty
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:26 AM

oh my god :o
Soooooo beautiful your cake !! Congatulations *-*

#33 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:22 AM

Isn't it basically just deep fried cake batter? Man, if I knew how to make a legit funnel cake I'd probably gain 5 pounds in one week :p. Speaking of carnival food, just recently I learned the monstrosity called "fried cheesecake".

Oh, there are worse things. Like Birthday French Toast and BBQ Pulled Pork Doughnut Sandwich, and that's just the first page.

#34 Tsvete

Tsvete
  • 690 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:12 AM

Ok, so this is my last cake. It took me more than 6 hours, cause everything is made to be eaten.

Posted Image

My friends said tis too pretty to eat it, I went out to drink cofee with them and when I got back I found my boyfriend eating it :D

#35 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:46 PM

Ok, so this is my last cake. It took me more than 6 hours, cause everything is made to be eaten.

Posted Image

My friends said tis too pretty to eat it, I went out to drink cofee with them and when I got back I found my boyfriend eating it :D

Wow so pretty. I would definitely feel bad eating that :o I fail at baking anything, or even cooking.

#36 Tsvete

Tsvete
  • 690 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:49 PM

Thank you, Milady :* I love to cook, but I'm not very good at baking. I'm aways too impatient :D My brother says "I can almost see the flour separates from the eggs, it's sooo not baked" :D But the decorations are my passion!

#37 zevrom

zevrom
  • 411 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:16 AM

You should cake some cheese cake who dosent like cheese cake

#38 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:51 AM

My mother and I are going to attempt to construct a cake in the shape of the Yellow Submarine this weekend. Pics to follow.

weeeeee aaaaaaaaaaaaall liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive..... can't wait to see it!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, bless him! well, it's really beautiful, you're so talentated! you should sell those, srsly.

#39 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this member!

• 532 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:55 PM

I love baking things.

Probably why I'm so rounded :p

But in all seriousness...

I love making cookies, cakes, etc. Makes me wonder if I should try to operate a business in that aspect

#40 MisterDerp

MisterDerp
  • 261 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:35 AM

I used to make cheesecake designed for people who don't like the richness of normal cheesecake. Nowadays I prefer to just make chocolate-covered pretzels, though I want to make chocolate truffles again. I just need to learn how to make REAL chocolate and not use chocolate chips. :U

#41 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:12 AM

weeeeee aaaaaaaaaaaaall liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive..... can't wait to see it!

LMAO damn you, now I got that song in my head.

#42 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:18 PM

sry.... :x

#43 ilovepolkadots

ilovepolkadots
  • 724 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:36 PM

I could NEVER get baking a simple bread loaf right, of all things. I can bake simple cookies, muffins, cupcakes and even cake. I simply have NO idea how to work with anything that involves yeast and kneading :(

One of my friends made chocolate fondant and it turned out tasting like soft fudge. I guess the commercial-made ones taste bad then?

I do have the same issue with the english-metric measurements, so I bookmark'd this website solely for that purpose:

http://www.jsward.co...onversion.shtml

bread baking is easy :D!

most all dry yeast packets you find at the store are pre-measured to the correct amount you need for recipes :3

http://www.thefreshl...our-cream-bread
(^) try this one out
it makes a nice moist bread and i substitute the dill with lots of other things, my favorite so far has been rosemary

it also helps to have loaf pans
it allows for the bread to bake correctly

i have a set of two and this is what it looks like::
Posted Image

they were my great grandmas and have yet to fail me

Posted Image

this is great
what did you use to make the flowers?

also a lot of ya'll said you are backing muffins and cupcakes

Posted Image

i got one of these for Christmas - it hold 24 cupcakes/muffins and it is great for taking them places
each try hold 12 and the sections come apart so if you only want to take 12 of your yummy treats somewhere you can
and it is sealed so you can also use it as a general container for keeping your baked goodies fresh :D

#44 Jennysaur

Jennysaur
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:32 PM

Posted Image

OMG that is incredible
IT DOESNT LOOK LIKE FOOD.
I wouldn't be able to touch it cause it's too pretty O:

I usually just make plain cookies or cupcakes or brownies, nothing this fancy~
I'm so jealous of your skills T-T

#45 maruvott

maruvott
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:51 AM

Looks very pretty. I usually bake things like brownies or cookies, nothing out of normal.

#46 California

California
  • 136 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:23 PM

aaaaaaaaw what a pretty cake!

i hate baking and i never really done it but i googled cake pictures and fell in love with those:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

It's just white cake batter and food dye. It's pretty easy to do. The last one looks a bit more / layered complicated... but it's all the same general idea. You just use food coloring in white cake batter in separate bowls, then layer it into your pan/cake mold. A toothpick can be used to get weird swirly details.

It's like the same concept as those sand art figures that were popular in the 90s. You layer in your colors of sand then shove a toothpick in to make the details.

Edited by California, 18 February 2011 - 05:25 PM.

#47 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:52 PM

Posted Image

Holy crap, a psychedelic cake!
Peace and love!

#48 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:15 PM

I have only ever made a butter cake, mainly because it's the only type of cake i enjoy eating.
that, and my sisters would never let me live it down if they caught me baking xD

#49 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:27 PM

I have only ever made a butter cake, mainly because it's the only type of cake i enjoy eating.
that, and my sisters would never let me live it down if they caught me baking xD

Memories :) My mom would have a slice waiting for me when I got home from school.

#50 ilovepolkadots

ilovepolkadots
  • 724 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:14 PM

Monkey Bread
(with cream cheese)
Spoiler

you don't have to put in the cream cheese if you don't want to (but i love it)
sometimes i will add a little sugar/cinnamon/brown sugar/vanilla or a combo to the cream cheese and whip it all together before stuffing it in the biscuits.

also you can use any nuts - and i use a lot (way more than the recipe)
i also double the biscuit count (20) and use a regular glass deep dish (cobbler dish),
and just arrange the biscuits like you would in a bunt pan (none in the center) so they will all cook
generally it makes two layers - and i put the caramel sauce and nuts between the layers and then over top.

Posted Image
(^) not the best picture
it looks better when flipped - i will ask my friend for the picture she took of it later :3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users