Photo

Why People hate "Christians"

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 shado

shado
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:15 PM

So today I get an e-mail from an old friend who began to work with a non-profit christian ministry. and he left because of how messed up they were, focusing only on money. fund raising 5days a week raising 10-15k a week and not doing anything with the money, yet the overseer lives in a 1.5million dollar home and drives a denali. now he got this e-mail because his facebook page has a lot of girl friend over guy friends. this is why people get turned off on religion and especially christianity.

Person 1 - old boss January 14 at 3:14pm Report

Take us off of your work history. Your facebook page is covered with girls girls anmd more girls you are NOT a christian you stinking puke! The bible says no FORNICATOR will enter into heaven! Hypocrite! Takes us off!!
Sent via Facebook Mobile

Person 2 - B.T.M member January 14 at 8:03pm

I added the girls, some are mormons which I like to talk about doctrine with and the other girls are just people I added because they know some of my friends.... I'm not going out and having sex with every girl I see. I honestly do struggle with masturbation and I'm praying that God will take it from me and sanctify me so that I can do His will and live according to His will and His Spirit. Obviously there is a battle against the flesh with me, as with everyone else and I'm praying that God will take it from me. I do not appreciate the hypocrite comment and the stinking puke comment. I'm not going to say Christians should "nice" in essence all the time, especially when God commands us to rebuke so that others may fear (1 Tim. 5:20) but I don't believe I should be judged "righteous judgement" when you have no idea on why I am adding these people. I appreciate your concern and I did take "name of ministry here"off of my employment history, but I did learn a lot with the Ministry and I'm glad I had the opportunity to learn about Christ and His Word. Thank you for your concern and for your message and I pray that the Ministry will prosper.

How have you been recently? It has been a long time since we have talked....

Person 1-guy who sent it January 14 at 10:59pm Report

You are a joke, fake, phoney, hypocrite. How DARE you preach about Jesus Christ , the lamb of God. And praying to God for him to "take it away" is a JOKE! God won't "take it away" you give it up. The only reason you don't is because you love it. I don't know... here is one thought if you have a "problem" with that then maybe you should stay off of the internet...ya think? Just a question when you preach to people do you preach against sin? If so you are a hypocrite! I can't stand guys like you, you give Christians a bad name. Unless you repent from your sins that you love so much you are going to hell and you deserve it. Oh and please DO NOT pray for me, Isaiah 59:2 God DOES NOT hear your prayer any way. Read it for yourself.

Here is some biblical thoughts for you Hebrews 10:26 if we sin willfully after we ave received the knowledge of the truth there remains no more sacrifice for sins

You are willfully jackingoff and having sex. YOU DEVIL HAVE FUN IN HELL.HYPOCRITE!!!HYPOCRITE!!!HYPOCRITE!!!HYPOCRITE!!

Now, anyone who knows anything about the Bible can see plainly this Minister is NOT a "Christian" showing the love, compassion, and patience needed to reach out to others. In another e-mail he sent he was "Outraged because he lost fundraising stores from this kid leaving the ministry" IF your purpose as a non-profit is to reach out and help others, then why worry and focus so much on making the 10-15k a week, to pay for they're tour bus, office, nice homes, nice cars. IF your called to help people don't you think your biggest interest would be doing just that? I have done volanteer work and raised money yet I pull up in my beat done car with my ripped sewn clothes? I got this e-mail today because I am in the Ministry line of work, and it completely appalled me to see how distasteful and rude this e-mail was. People like this and Ministries like this do not deserve to exist.

What are your thoughts on this bull crap?

#2 shado

shado
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:26 PM

exactly, I'm a Minister, I'm a Christian, but I am no better then anyone else. Its like that movie book of eli where the man wanted the Bible to have control SO many Organizations and Ministers seem to have this Ideology. I was at a conference about 4 months back working on a few seminars. and after the sermons so many Pastors, and People would go straight to the bar.. what kind of message does that send to people who come to these guys as spiritual guiders?

#3 Lallard

Lallard
  • 487 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:35 PM

Totally reminds me of the Jesus guy by my university's Library walk that condemns "homosexual-looking" people, guys wearing wife beaters and ray bans, and hipsters that they are all going to hell.

Religion should be something that's kept between a person and their faith of preference. Getting anyone else involved in your own religious beliefs just never turns out well.

#4 Homer

Homer
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:06 PM

You guys write so much. Haters going to hate.

Now write that 100,000 times, that's your homework.

#5 Gee

Gee
  • 498 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:15 AM

I know it may not be the most popular answer but I really wish people would stop generalizing on Christians. Although I don't go to church or don't even consider myself "Christian" anymore (I just don't connect with it spiritually as I did as a child) not all Christians are science-hating, extremist, homophobic jerks. There's plenty of nice, tolerant Christians who do a lot of good in the world. In fact there's also plenty of scientists who are well-known and Christian. There's good people out there that believe in a "God" and I wish people wouldn't bash them. It's just like any other people who have a belief.

And I hate people like this Minister who do give Christians a wrong name. It's sickening I only see this kind of Christianity in North America where it's being manipulated and used for other peoples gain. Back in Asia religion was just used for spirituality and not to enforce any dumb and hurtful beliefs upon others.

#6 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:38 AM

Just another reason why I generally dislike various denominations of Christianity that are not Catholicism. I just feel like so many ministers of other denominations do it for money or for fame... or just like to remember the parts of the bible they feel fit with their lifestyle.

If I don't end up getting married, I've given a serious thought to becoming a priest. The main reason I think Catholic priests > other denominations ministers is that catholic priests take a vow of poverty. They normally live in a small building or wing that is attached to the church. They can't get married, etc. (which kind of sucks...) I guess when I see Catholic priests though, (the ones that aren't pedophiles) I just see such dedication to their faith... There can be no real reason to ever be in that line of work other than faith and dedication.

I just don't see it with the other denominations. (Not to knock the followers, but I see far too many get rich quick televangelists and alcoholic/cheat on their wives ministers)

Hey, Cody. Have you heard how much money and priceless artefacts the Vatican has squirreled away?

#7 esilim

esilim
  • 508 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:35 PM

supposing you were the devil
wouldn't one of your main tactics be to get as many hypocritical people to say they belong to Christ when it's obvious that they do not?

and then wouldn't you work hard to get otherwise rational people to take those fake "Christians" at their word, and hate Christ just because there are a bunch of posers that falsely claim to believe in Him and live for Him?

it's completely irrational to reject Christ because of what many people who call themselves Christians say and do

#8 Homer

Homer
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:55 PM

<br />Hey, Cody. Have you heard how much money and priceless artefacts the Vatican has squirreled away?<br />

Yeah the Vatican is pretty much it's own country with the power of people's will in their hands. All those pedophile cases and no other country would bother messing with the Pope. Well if we didn't have
Catholism then we wouldn't have Christianity, so evil exists for a reason. That's not to say I like all branches of Christianity, like how Mormons can be kind of annoying, Jehovah's witness being creepy spooks who know everything about you and how all Adventists are doctors... and a bunch of others I can't think of right now.

#9 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:05 PM

Thanks for trying to save my soul or whatever, but I already have one absent father figure. Don't need two.

#10 jaredennisclark

jaredennisclark
  • 838 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:31 PM

Thanks for trying to save my soul or whatever, but I already have one absent father figure. Don't need two.

That's a quote I won't forget anytime soon. :thumbsup:

#11 Kevingroetz

Kevingroetz
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:44 PM

I'm a christian and it's that one bad encounter someone has with a terrible person calling themselves a Christian that gets people to have a bad misconception of Christianity as a whole. There are people at my church that I believe are going to hell while they think they're saved.

#12 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:34 AM

I'm a christian and it's that one bad encounter someone has with a terrible person calling themselves a Christian that gets people to have a bad misconception of Christianity as a whole. There are people at my church that I believe are going to hell while they think they're saved.

Psst. I think one of the tenets of Christianity is supposed to be "Judge not".

#13 California

California
  • 136 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:47 PM

It's not just Christians that people hate. Most people hate all religions equally. I do, anyway. There's no reason not to considering they all derive from the same fundamental morals that are instilled in all of us as children. But just because they come from some "almighty God", they're supposed to be more readily enforced.

Why can't people just be good for the sake of being good? Why do we need to think someone is looming over us, judging us and determining the outcome of our personal eternity just to do the right thing?

Religion is stupid. People are sheep. Fact to support? Roman and Greek "mythology" were both heavily practiced religions. It wasn't until people STOPPED worshiping Zeus and Jupiter that they became myths. Eventually Christianity will die out, and people will find a new crutch to support their insatiable want to believe that there's something better after life.

#14 MisterDerp

MisterDerp
  • 261 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:42 PM

It's not just Christians that people hate. Most people hate all religions equally. I do, anyway. There's no reason not to considering they all derive from the same fundamental morals that are instilled in all of us as children. But just because they come from some "almighty God", they're supposed to be more readily enforced.

Why can't people just be good for the sake of being good? Why do we need to think someone is looming over us, judging us and determining the outcome of our personal eternity just to do the right thing?

Religion is stupid. People are sheep. Fact to support? Roman and Greek "mythology" were both heavily practiced religions. It wasn't until people STOPPED worshiping Zeus and Jupiter that they became myths. Eventually Christianity will die out, and people will find a new crutch to support their insatiable want to believe that there's something better after life.

I'd be interested to see what becomes the next religion, though I probably won't live that long.

Regarding the original topic, that guy is a nutjob. He needs to take a look in the mirror because he's certainly not acting like a "true" Christian.

#15 Persuasion

Persuasion
  • 551 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:57 PM

I'd be interested to see what becomes the next religion, though I probably won't live that long.

Regarding the original topic, that guy is a nutjob. He needs to take a look in the mirror because he's certainly not acting like a "true" Christian.

Doubt there will be a "new" religion unless something really wierd happens, and even then, scientists will try to prove it wasn't an act from above. Any new religions made now would be short lived as technology and our communication/connection binds us to society's belief; in which we reject all other beliefs. In other words, we're all (most of us) are too smart and cynical to belief some new mexican god of llamas.

Most "Christians" I know really aren't christians... we're all hypokrits.

#16 California

California
  • 136 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 03:49 PM

Doubt there will be a "new" religion unless something really wierd happens, and even then, scientists will try to prove it wasn't an act from above. Any new religions made now would be short lived as technology and our communication/connection binds us to society's belief; in which we reject all other beliefs. In other words, we're all (most of us) are too smart and cynical to belief some new mexican god of llamas.

Most "Christians" I know really aren't christians... we're all hypokrits.

There's always new wave bs springing up. Some people will always need a security blanket, we'll never out grow that.

#17 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:41 PM

There's always new wave bs springing up. Some people will always need a security blanket, we'll never out grow that.

Yep, Hell, we've got a perfect example here - Scientology.

#18 MisterDerp

MisterDerp
  • 261 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:15 AM

Yep, Hell, we've got a perfect example here - Scientology.

Scientology isn't as much of a security blanket as it is a brainwashing cult that's out to milk you for every last dollar you have.

Edited by PsychoSoldier, 23 February 2011 - 11:16 AM.

#19 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:17 AM

Scientology isn't as much of a security blanket as it is a brainwashing cult that's out to milk you for every last dollar you have.

No, it's both. It's a brainwashing cult that exploits your need for a security blanket.

Almost like... all religions!

#20 MisterDerp

MisterDerp
  • 261 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:20 AM

No, it's both. It's a brainwashing cult that exploits your need for a security blanket.

Almost like... all religions!

Crap, you're right. D: Does that explain why they get so defensive about trolls?

#21 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:47 PM

Jesus Christ is my hero. The magnitudes of his deeds echo throughout the ages as a testement to a man's will to persevere.

God bless you brother and may the light of jesus be in your heart always.

#22 Persuasion

Persuasion
  • 551 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:21 PM

Jesus Christ is my hero. The magnitudes of his deeds echo throughout the ages as a testement to a man's will to persevere.

God bless you brother and may the light of jesus be in your heart always.

Allah is my hero. The magnitudes of his deeds echo throughout the ages as a testement to a man's will to persevere.

May Allah bless you brother and may the light of Allah be in your heart always.

#23 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:24 PM

Allah is my hero. The magnitudes of his deeds echo throughout the ages as a testement to a man's will to persevere.

Charlie Sheen is my hero. The magnitudes of his deeds echo throughout the ages as a testement to a man's will to persevere.

May Charlie Sheen bless you brother and may the light of Charlien Sheen be in your heart always.

Edited by Boggart, 23 February 2011 - 07:24 PM.

#24 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:30 PM

You took my saying of love and compassion and turned it into a brooding, slavering thing of hate. Shame on you mr. Muslam.

I hope my pagan ancestors torment all your ancestors in hell. My christian ancestors meanwhile will be chilling with rad specs and cool skateboards in heaven.

Edited by Nunc, 23 February 2011 - 07:31 PM.

#25 Dayzee

Dayzee
  • 483 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:39 PM

Charlie Sheen is my hero. The magnitudes of his deeds echo throughout the ages as a testement to a man's will to persevere.

May Charlie Sheen bless you brother and may the light of Charlien Sheen be in your heart always.

Ugh, I find Charlie Sheen entertaining and comical. And...that pretty much sums it up.

I am a Christian. Unfortunately, I can see why a lot of people dislike Christians and Christianity, in general. The guy the OP mentions is a prime example.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users