Photo

Why People hate "Christians"

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#26 Persuasion

Persuasion
  • 551 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:48 PM

You took my saying of love and compassion and turned it into a brooding, slavering thing of hate. Shame on you mr. Muslam.

I hope my pagan ancestors torment all your ancestors in hell. My christian ancestors meanwhile will be chilling with rad specs and cool skateboards in heaven.

May the power of Allah repel and create jetpacks! Oooooo, now what? XD

I just changed religions the in past 5 minutes. Thor will punish you wit his hammer. Jesus + Nails = Thor Win.
Jk, I'm christian btw; going back to a little closer to the question, I think the reason people hate christians so much is because we all have to label ourselves which gives an even larger seperations. We're either Cristian or Non christian. For or against. Also, humans have an air of cyncism and anything that threatens thier own belief ;P

Edited by zlpqlz, 23 February 2011 - 07:48 PM.

#27 Frank12

Frank12
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user!

• 276 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:57 PM

Just for the record, I have an analogy about the bible my dad taught me when i was young. I asked him why act badly while still acting like they follow the church. He replied: Pretend Life is the game and the bible is the rulebook. You get the people who just play, or you get the people that scrutinize every single rule so they can cheat.

#28 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:28 PM

Just for the record, I have an analogy about the bible my dad taught me when i was young. I asked him why act badly while still acting like they follow the church. He replied: Pretend Life is the game and the bible is the rulebook. You get the people who just play, or you get the people that scrutinize every single rule so they can cheat.

That doesn't make sense.
If you're playing within the rules it's not cheating, it's playing the game with skill and dedication.

The analogy doesn't work at all.

#29 California

California
  • 136 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:54 PM

It is our nature now to scrutinize, though. Nothing goes down without it being over analyzed. We're beginning to require proof and will go through anything to get it.

Jesus was a person. He existed, sure... but at the same time, there will never be hard evidence that he walked on water, turned water to wine, healed the sick. It requires a lot of faith to follow something that can't be proven.

Knowing is completely different from believing. I'd rather know, personally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ATcainiaHg

"Mommy is one of the chosen people... and, uh... daddy believes that Jesus is magic!"

#30 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:06 PM

Totally reminds me of the Jesus guy by my university's Library walk that condemns "homosexual-looking" people, guys wearing wife beaters and ray bans, and hipsters that they are all going to hell.

Religion should be something that's kept between a person and their faith of preference. Getting anyone else involved in your own religious beliefs just never turns out well.

Haha dude, I think there is one on every campus..We had one on ours and it escalated with some Muslims before.

#31 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:27 AM

Haha dude, I think there is one on every campus..We had one on ours and it escalated with some Muslims before.

We never had one :(
We did have a token animal rights protester, though.

#32 Homer

Homer
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:00 PM

Careful though, on campus sometimes they pull the bait and switch. Usually with an attractive girl to sucker in the guys and vice versa. The animal protestors used to do that, but I guess the religion group is picking it up. Almost had a riot when the LGBT had their "coming out" parade and clashed with the Catholic group. Damn I left campus early that day, didn't want to get caught in the cross-fire.

#33 kabuzzle

kabuzzle
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:04 PM

Interesting topic - especially considering I'm currently writing a paper about secularisation for university! Faith helps a lot of people through some bad times, so I would never knock it. However, judging other people based on your own religion is pretty awful and something that annoys the bejeebers out of me. Does the Bible not say "judge not lest ye be judged"?

#34 ted500

ted500
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:15 PM

lol this thread overall i just find hillarious

#35 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2011 - 06:24 AM

We've had a creepy lady professor babble during a lecture that masturbators are Hell bound and they should repent :p

#36 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:35 PM

#37 Tarabyte

Tarabyte
  • 230 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:14 PM

If I hated Christians, the reason would be the 3 following words:

Westboro Baptist Church.

I don't see the point in generalizing my hate into groups, though. I like to keep hate personal.

#38 vurty

vurty
  • 208 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:19 PM

Everyone needs something or someone to hate.

#39 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:22 PM

There's this minister who comes on campus every April to bash feminists and lgbtq students and tell them they're headed for hell. I used to really dislike him and think he was annoying. Now I just feel bad for him because he's so ignorant. I remember we were having a discussion and he asked me how lesbians had sex. I explained it to him, he still didn't understand. So I come to the conclusion that the hater Christians are just really ignorant people who are taught to dislike what they don't understand, and I'm sure they're doing something or have done something that's gonna put them in hell right next to me so I personally dgaf.

#40 GeorgeBright

GeorgeBright
  • 503 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:42 PM

This is a pretty accurate reason why I don't bother with religious zealots.

#41 Maloo

Maloo
  • 445 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:38 AM

that's what i call judging.Jeez!

#42 thatisstreet

thatisstreet
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:50 AM

An institution that demanded around 10-20% of taxes from everyone in Europe for about 600 years and even today pays nothing in taxes. I can't see why everyone has a grudge?

#43 Volition

Volition
  • 701 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:20 AM

You took my saying of love and compassion and turned it into a brooding, slavering thing of hate. Shame on you mr. Muslam.

I hope my pagan ancestors torment all your ancestors in hell. My christian ancestors meanwhile will be chilling with rad specs and cool skateboards in heaven.

So praising Allah is a thing of "brooding slavering thing of hate" now? That is a very ignorant thing to say, but I would expect none less from an over-zealous theist. :)

#44 Royce

Royce
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:54 PM

what i agree with, this is insane and yes that is a great reason to dislike those people associated with the Christian religion
HOWEVER
what i disagree with is that these people should not be a representation of the whole Christian community, just as we do not, or try not to characterize all Muslims as terrorists, we shouldn't characterize all christians as terrible people..
thank you.

#45 5MGEDOHC

5MGEDOHC
  • 937 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:57 PM

We never had one :(
We did have a token animal rights protester, though.

One time we had a group of fuzzies come in to our college. *shudders*

#46 Royce

Royce
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:01 PM

ahaha u ever have the asian guys with boxes a mini bibles stand outside campus??

#47 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:02 PM

I think you meant furries, but I really wish I didn't know about them at all :|

Edited by Katrinas, 05 April 2011 - 07:03 PM.

#48 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:15 PM

Yeah the Vatican is pretty much it's own country with the power of people's will in their hands. All those pedophile cases and no other country would bother messing with the Pope. Well if we didn't have
Catholism then we wouldn't have Christianity, so evil exists for a reason. That's not to say I like all branches of Christianity, like how Mormons can be kind of annoying, Jehovah's witness being creepy spooks who know everything about you and how all Adventists are doctors... and a bunch of others I can't think of right now.

I'm pretty sure Christianity came before Catholicism. Catholicism is just another sect under Christianity.

#49 danielfromburn

danielfromburn
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:12 PM

As in every religion, there will be a group of the followers who practise in a way we would not really accept. However I've seen enough of religion to know that the religions' teachings were never anything like that. These doings are a result of their own egos and selfishness.

Just embrace each religion for what they are, and respect the virtues they try to teach, thats all.

#50 mjcm

mjcm
  • 122 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:11 PM

because all of them are insensitive airheads. that's why!

i mean like seriously, this topic in it self is so insensitive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users