New Wiki Leaks

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:03 AM

Anyone trying to get a government job, I would not read it...Its only a news article, but the real memos I would not read..XD The Government does not like this, according to some release reports.

Wiki Leaks and Swiss Bank

And like my sub-title, at this point should we even be surprised?

A Swiss banking whistleblower handed over data on 2000 purportedly tax-dodging individuals and firms. Former Swiss banker Rudolf Elmer, who worked for eight years in the Cayman Islands offshore tax haven, personally gave Assange two CDs of data at a London press conference on Monday.

The information is believed to contain information on around 40 politicians, multinational companies and financial institutions from the United States, Europe and Asia.

Assange said WikiLeaks has so far released just 2.3 per cent of the 250,000 US diplomatic cables it has received and was struggling to process the volume of data.

Sooo, yea we all know capitalism is bad...PoS'ts take all the profit and yet when the market exploded they look towards the government and the people for a handout...so more profit for them.

I just find this highly amusing and can't wait to find out how many dirtbags in Congress and rich CEO's are dodging the government...

Discuss...I personally think Assange can be labeled as a threat to the United States and the charges against him are very serious. But I honestly applaud him for releasing these documents. We have a right to know. Government should be more transparent and held to higher accountability. More importantly, has the government been complicit in these allegations..I think they might have known about this in 2009...

#2 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:35 AM

The leakers are doing their job in releasing raw documents.
Assange is doing his part in publishing the raw data.

Now we just need to get the media to distill the released raw data into something comprehensible to the average layperson.

#3 Dichromate

Dichromate
  • 277 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:38 AM

Nothing to be said that hasn't been said already. What happened to Assange after the previous media butthurt anyway? Thought they were all out to sue and rape him to bits.

But yeah, more information, more drama. I'm just waiting for people to start yowling about how he's a terrorist, how he should be put in jail, and how the government should silence him in the name of peace.

#4 Tigerzz

Tigerzz
  • 160 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:50 AM

SHIT :X
My off shore account will probably be the first one to go.
*waves goodbye hard earned money*

#5 Tsunade

Tsunade
  • 676 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:55 AM

In this democracy I as a citizen reserve the right to stand up for what I believe in.
I’m not accountable to the government, government is accountable to us, the people. The government is elected by us, to represent us, in our best interests, on a national and international scale. And if they’re not doing so, we need people like Assange to rise up and show everybody this problem.

#6 Homer

Homer
  • 151 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:19 PM

Assange, I see his face everywhere on the internet. Seriously, this guy doing this on purpose or what?

#7 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:35 PM

Assange, I see his face everywhere on the internet. Seriously, this guy doing this on purpose or what?

Of course there's a purpose to his work. Otherwise, there would be no point. :p

If you're asking if he's doing these things for media attention, then I would partly say yes ('partly' because he is probably not doing it for personal attention). He wants the media to absorb the leaks in bits so that the coverage of leaks is more on-going. If they were to release everything at once, the story would likely get short-lived attention and the leaks would have less impact. The fact that you see his face everywhere means that it is working.

#8 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:49 AM

I think Assange was right to publish the documents, and that soldier was wrong to release them. I was in the military for 4 years with a Secret security clearance and heard nothing BUT that I should keep my mouth shut.

#9 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:05 AM

Wasn't he on trial and stuff for all kinds of crap? What happened to that?

#10 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:12 AM

Wasn't he on trial and stuff for all kinds of crap? What happened to that?

He was on bail and under house arrest in the UK for sexual assault charges in Sweden. Presume he still is because they were trying to have him extradited to Sweden. His lawyers argued that by doing so, it would be far easier to extradite him to the US where he can face charges in relation to WikiLeaks so its an ongoing thing.

#11 Homer

Homer
  • 151 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:31 PM

I think Assange was right to publish the documents, and that soldier was wrong to release them. I was in the military for 4 years with a Secret security clearance and heard nothing BUT that I should keep my mouth shut.

Yeah I totally agree with you on that, the guy with S clearance should know better. It's not given to everyone for a reason and they
spend hefty sums just for a background check.

#12 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:22 PM

Hah, the Swiss police just arrested the ex-banker who gave Assange the details...And they are trying to figure out if he broke any laws...weird I thought in most of the world its innocent until proven guilty..Charge first then arrest...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users