Photo

How I made 10+ purged RN/RWs - illegit

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 RenderX

RenderX
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:06 PM

Hey everyone. I'm fairly new to Neocodex but I can assure you that I'm not new to cheating on neopets.. lol

The purge, for those who don't know, is when neopets goes back through old inactive and frozen accounts and deletes them. This frees up real name (RN) and real word (RW) pets. Even if you're not interested in RW/RN pets, if you get a good one, they can be easily traded for much higher pets. This would be a great opportunity for those looking to upgrade their pets/ account legitimacy free or make a quick 'sliver', if you catch my drift. ;) If you want more information about the purge, scroll to the bottom of my post. If not, continue reading..

ILLEGIT PURGE TUTORIAL
100% Original. Created and thought up by myself.
Exclusively for Neocodex.
*** Freeze Rate: Testing ***
*** It also works for people trying to get a purged name while at school/work/sleep.. etc ***

After receiving a crazy high volume of neomails when I created multiple purge names, I thought I might as well come out with my secret. I've had great success so far! While no one has created a specific program for the purge, I actually used an app I had previously installed:

I used the Firefox Add-on 'Reload Every' to grab my pets quickly. Reload Every is essentially an app for refershing any given page, (you set how fast/slow), multiple times in firefox. The link to download the app can be found here: https://addons.mozil...on/reloadevery/

Once you install reload every, the rest is super easy. Just log in and visit the 'Adopt a Grundo' page located here: http://www.neopets.c...adoption2.phtml
Enter the pet name you desire but make sure the pet is soon to be purged (see bottom of post if you don't understand)..

• Click the 'Adopt!' link and it should take you to a page that says "Error: Sorry, that name has already been taken. Please try again!"
  • **** MAKE SURE THE NAME YOU WANT IS ENTERED CORRECTLY BEFORE YOU CLICK ADOPT ****
  • Next right click on that page and go to Reload Every>Custom
  • Set the custom settings to 0 minutes and 0 seconds.
  • Finish by pressing enter.
If you don't notice the page refreshing automatically right click and go to Reload Every>Enable

This also applies to when you want to end the session: Reload Every>Disable

TO INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF A SUCCESSFUL CREATION, REPEAT THESE STEPS IN MULTIPLE TABS!!!
This also applies if you are /stalking/ multiple pets at the same time!

*TIP: If you're leaving your computer unattended for a long period of time, I had a lot of success in placing something heavy on my CTRL key. I just noticed the tabs moved/reloaded a lot quicker. Also, opening too many tabs can cause firefox to either crash or lagg. Keep it within reason!

*** One final warning!! ***

If you have limited bandwidth, do you leave reload every running 24/7 or even close to it. It ate up just about all of my December monthly bandwidth far before the January renewal date.

Basic Purge Info:

Most of what I know I found out through the neopets 'Pound Chat'. They have two separate boards going around specifically for the purge.

For those who don't know, accounts are deleted in alphabetical order ( 0-9,a-z,_ ) and have been purging for quite a while. The purge is currently at 'S' which means it would be dumb to try the above method for a pet found on a 'Z__" account. To find out SPECIFICALLY what letter combination we are at, Visit the pound chat purge board.

• Accounts must be 18+ months inactive to be purged
  • NOT ALL INACTIVE/FROZEN ACCOUNTS ARE PURGED!!! ** I can't stress this enough. 70% of the names I tried to get were simply skipped over!"
  • Pets you create must be 7 days old before transfering/pounding
For those who are interested, I traded two of my purged RN pets... one for an unlimited custom on a draik of my choice.. She spent around 35m on that one.. and the other traded for a VVVVVVVVWN UC. The rest I kept for myself.
Also, 'Victoria', (not my pet), traded for a VWN UC plushie.

GOODIES

If you've stuck with me this long, you're obviously interested in trying your luck at catching a pet. As a result, I am giving away my list of pets that might be purged! I'll just attach it in a text format. You won't be the only person after these pets, but it'll at least give you a starting point. The list has the pet name and then the account name it's on. Keep in mind that accounts, once again, are purging in the 'S' section. Also the list took me hours and hours to create...

Attached File  PurgePets.txt   8.98KB   153 downloads

Edited by RenderX, 20 January 2011 - 05:14 AM.

#2 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:30 AM

Nice write up mate. Will definately have to give this a go for sure. Thanks heaps for the tips

#3 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:43 AM

>refresher
>multiple tabs
>0 minutes, 0 seconds

>single way ticket to freeze land

#4 Barophobia

Barophobia
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:39 AM

I'm skeptical too, regarding the freeze rates that is. |:

#5 RenderX

RenderX
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:13 AM

>refresher
>multiple tabs
>0 minutes, 0 seconds

>single way ticket to freeze land

Like the article suggests, I've used this method over the course of several weeks. Main accounts and side accounts.. with absolutely no freeze. Now keep in mind I was using a clean IP.

I changed the freeze rate listed to 'testing'.
Until someone else attempts this method it shall remain.

I don't know a whole lot about websites but I can't really see TNT watching or even caring about the prossessing page of Adopt a Grundo excessively refreshed.

#6 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:23 AM

Like the article suggests, I've used this method over the course of several weeks. Main accounts and side accounts.. with absolutely no freeze. Now keep in mind I was using a clean IP.

I changed the freeze rate listed to 'testing'.
Until someone else attempts this method it shall remain.

I don't know a whole lot about websites but I can't really see TNT watching or even caring about the prossessing page of Adopt a Grundo excessively refreshed.

I've heard of refreshers getting frozen several weeks after the offence, same with score senders.

#7 RenderX

RenderX
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:05 AM

I've heard of refreshers getting frozen several weeks after the offence, same with score senders.

Regardless of legit or illegit, when trying to get a purging pet, EVERYONE who wants a serious chance must spam click the adopt a pet link.. otherwise you'll miss out.

What you said above is very true. Any illegit act has a chance at getting you frozen.
If someone was interested, why not try running Reload Every it on a shell?

#8 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:14 AM

Regardless of legit or illegit, when trying to get a purging pet, EVERYONE who wants a serious chance must spam click the adopt a pet link.. otherwise you'll miss out.

But the reload every are add-on is not very human-like. But I still don't think that the chances of getting frozen from this are so high, and it's worth the risk (it amuses me how some people give high end UC's for RN/RW pets). Nice guide :)
Isn't there any other refresher that is more random? Maybe with GM scripts?

#9 RenderX

RenderX
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:24 AM

Isn't there any other refresher that is more random? Maybe with GM scripts?

Hmm... I'm quite positive there are hundreds of alternative refreshers. From a coding aspect, they don't seem that hard to create. Good idea with the GM scripts though.. I'll have a quick look through userscripts and see what I can come up with.

#10 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:46 AM

If you use firefox, use Check4change, that way it actually stops when you get the name.

#11 RenderX

RenderX
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:03 PM

If you use firefox, use Check4change, that way it actually stops when you get the name.

Does Check4change actually do the reloading though? Or does it just check for a change in the webpage?

#12 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:08 PM

Does Check4change actually do the reloading though? Or does it just check for a change in the webpage?

It refreshes the page, and alerts you if there is a change in the page.
But I think it can be a little annoying using it for that because it will alert you for every random event, every Nm you receive, etc. (not only if you manage to create the neopet).

#13 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:55 PM

It refreshes the page, and alerts you if there is a change in the page.
But I think it can be a little annoying using it for that because it will alert you for every random event, every Nm you receive, etc. (not only if you manage to create the neopet).

Not if you select the line that says "sorry but that name is taken" and then apply C4C to the selection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users