52 replies to this topic

#26 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:22 AM

Hahaha phearsome set there bro.
Dropping sticky hand is a good idea, you can't rely on that/you waste many turns with it.

#27 Wil

Wil
  • 200 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:44 PM

My BD set for my Durian Chia is this:

Hanso Charisma Charm (blocks all dark icons)
Golden Compass
Greater Healing Scroll

I did have a Ylanas Blaster but I'm not a fan of no defense weapons. 13 icons is pretty good though.

Since your keeping the Grundo you might as well get the Full Grundo Armor (has it been released yet?) or Ghostkershield and exchange Hanso Charisma Charm for something a bit stronger than 10 icons.

#28 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:06 PM

Since your keeping the Grundo you might as well get the Full Grundo Armor (has it been released yet?) or Ghostkershield and exchange Hanso Charisma Charm for something a bit stronger than 10 icons.

The upside to Hanso Charisma Charm is the fact that it blocks all dark icons. The only other weapons that I can think of that can do that are Rod of Dark Nova, Illusens Staff and Ring of the Lost.

#29 zevrom

zevrom
  • 411 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:12 PM

I only use 2 of the items on your list
how much did all that cost you?

#30 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:15 PM

my question is what're you stats? Pm me if you don't want to post please? My pet's level 17 but he gets pwned everywhere....

#31 Wil

Wil
  • 200 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:16 PM

I much prefer Ghostkershield over HCC since Ghostkershield defends damn near everything. And quite a bit of dark icons to boot.

#32 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:59 PM

I much prefer Ghostkershield over HCC since Ghostkershield defends damn near everything. And quite a bit of dark icons to boot.

Shit, how could I forget Ghostkershield? Regardless, that's 7 million as opposed to 400k.

#33 Wil

Wil
  • 200 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 06:03 PM

Shit, how could I forget Ghostkershield? Regardless, that's 7 million as opposed to 400k.

True. I don't like to spend NP but a wide defense is usually better in the long run.

#34 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 06:32 PM

IMO:
HCC>G-Shield
... unless you are using a tank / 1500+ HP neopet

#35 Wil

Wil
  • 200 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 06:36 PM

IMO:
HCC>G-Shield
... unless you are using a tank / 1500+ HP neopet

complete darkness versus complete darkness, 5 earth block, 3 water block, 3 fire, 3 physical. Defense wise Ghosterkershield opens a crate of ass-whoopin's on HCC. Attack wise HCC is better obviously.

#36 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:28 PM

HSDA is 50 atm with a level of 25... My little Grundo is growing up so fast.

I'm not sure what the set cost me... Probably only a bit over a million since Frank12 just gave me the Y-Blaster.

Ok, so should the Gshield replace my Leaf Shield? I train balanced so I do use my defence stat. I also need a new healer pretty soon here. 50 HP doesn't go as far as it used to :p

And I guess Gbomb could replace Scarab Ring or something... This BD thing is complicated :p

#37 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:44 PM

I'm not sure what the set cost me... Probably only a bit over a million since Frank12 just gave me the Y-Blaster.

Ok, so should the Gshield replace my Leaf Shield? I train balanced so I do use my defence stat. I also need a new healer pretty soon here. 50 HP doesn't go as far as it used to :p

And I guess Gbomb could replace Scarab Ring or something... This BD thing is complicated :p

Go for either G-Shield or F-Tabard (or both). After all there is no "best" alternative between, since both of them are pretty balanced at those circumstances (the battles you would have with that pet).
Part of the fun of the BD is testing sets against other people until you find what you prefer.

#38 Wil

Wil
  • 200 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:48 PM

I'd recommend GShield over Leaf Shield just because it has a mad spread. If you went Gshield you could replace the Hanso Charisma Charm with something like Wand of reality or another 13+ icon weapon since Gshield will cover you darkness defense and pretty much everything else. I don't like Gbomb since it's only one use through the battle but does 25 icons which is nothing to laugh at.

I'd also recommend a freezer. Grundos don't have freezers I think so you'll probably have to go with something a lot more expensive.

#39 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:00 PM

I'd recommend GShield over Leaf Shield just because it has a mad spread. If you went Gshield you could replace the Hanso Charisma Charm with something like Wand of reality or another 13+ icon weapon since Gshield will cover you darkness defense and pretty much everything else. I don't like Gbomb since it's only one use through the battle but does 25 icons which is nothing to laugh at.

I'd also recommend a freezer. Grundos don't have freezers I think so you'll probably have to go with something a lot more expensive.

He has a balanced 50 HP neopet. A zerked G-Bomb has the potential of dealing over 50 icons.
Personally I prefer offensive strategies on those kind of battles. The faerie abilities block enough at the point that a shield takes a secondary role.

And I think abradix wants to keep his grundo, probably a F-Tab could be more useful considering the SoS would be a 13.5 iconner aggainst him.

#40 Wil

Wil
  • 200 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:06 PM

He has a balanced 50 HP neopet. A zerked G-Bomb has the potential of dealing over 50 icons.
Personally I prefer offensive strategies on those kind of battles. The faerie abilities block enough at the point that a shield takes a secondary role.

And I think abradix wants to keep his grundo, probably a F-Tab could be more useful considering the SoS would be a 13.5 iconner aggainst him.

I don't see what 50 HP has to do with anything since Abradix is currently training but OK.

F-Tab is pretty good but Gshield seems a better option. F-Tab is also more expensive if I remember right. either 100% water or 100% dark defense. Also, F-Tab has no dark defense and gets raped pretty bad by the popular Sword of Skardsen.

EDIT- I think you got mixed up. F-Tab defends water, not dark. Or am I reading your post wrong?

Edited by Wil, 15 February 2011 - 08:08 PM.

#41 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:13 PM

I don't see what 50 HP has to do with anything since Abradix is currently training but OK.

Not the 50HP at all, but the way of training his pet.
A balanced neopet can be defeated by an all-out attack (18 icon constant+G-Bomb, for example).
I was just refering to the aspect that G-Bomb rules in short battles (wich is almost every battle involving balanced neopets).

F-Tab is pretty good but Gshield seems a better option. F-Tab is also more expensive if I remember right. either 100% water or 100% dark defense. Also, F-Tab has no dark defense and gets raped pretty bad by the popular Sword of Skardsen.

And G-Shield gets raped by the Kelpbeards trident, and both shields can get raped by other weapons as well...

#42 Wil

Wil
  • 200 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:17 PM

Not the 50HP at all, but the way of training his pet.
A balanced neopet can be defeated by an all-out attack (18 icon constant+G-Bomb, for example).
I was just refering to the aspect that G-Bomb rules in short battles (wich is almost every battle involving balanced neopets).

And G-Shield gets raped by the Kelpbeards trident, and both shields can get raped by other weapons as well...

True. If you have a beast amount of NP you could get past the trident with Bent Fork right?

I'm not a hardcore advocate of faerie abilities merely because they could just use Hubrid's Puzzlebox for one turn then switch to their healer and something weak and force you to waste your Burrow or Sink.

#43 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:48 AM

Well Hanso charm takes SoS and Gbomb to school. I snagged an F-tab and a HRoT, well on the way to marbles and Gbomb.

Also ended up buying a Bow of Destiny... Not sure what to switch out.

Edited by Abradix, 26 February 2011 - 09:11 AM.

#44 sdjaks

sdjaks
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:28 PM

Charm has pretty much made ghostershield meh...ghostkerbomb is still really good though

#45 esilim

esilim
  • 508 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:54 PM

Even with the dark defense, I think GBomb is superior to Hanso's. Especially since you plan to keep it a Grundo and therefore already have some dark defense.

#46 Pavement

Pavement
  • 429 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:43 PM

The release of charm does NOT make Gshield obsolete. It is still a bd staple, especially for league battling.

#47 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:41 PM

Gravedigging so as not to create a new topic.

Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield

Posted Image
Greater Healing Scroll

Posted Image
Downsize!

Posted Image
Ylanas Blaster

Posted Image
Brynns Legendary Sword of Wraith Smiting

Posted Image
Hanso Charisma Charm

Posted Image
Bow of Destiny

Posted Image
Magical Marbles of Mystery

Also have F-Tab and HRoT on reserve... Not sure what the next step is. Bag of Healing Dust? PCC? My pet is nowhere near PCC level stats... But it might be fun!

HALP!

#48 Abunaidesuka

Abunaidesuka
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:30 AM

About how much HP, strength, and defense? Species? Labbing or can you switch for a certain species?

#49 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:57 AM

My Grundo is now at 140 HSDA... Trained completely by hand. No lab ray. But I'd still like to keep him a Darigan Grundo.

Also, budget is only about 12mil after buying the shield.

#50 Pavement

Pavement
  • 429 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:18 PM

You don't need healing dust if your HSD is 140. In fact, you will be using CBT before you get to a tier that can make good use of healing dust. Consider swapping the Downsize for a GBomb.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users