Quantcast

Photo

Chances of me getting iced with this AB?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:01 AM

Bought Transparaberry Slushie: 9494 NP in 2349ms (Est. Profit: 2490000 NP)

First big AB, and I'm afraid I can't have it -_-... Will this be suspicious? If so should I stop AB'ing right now?

Edited by dk8932, 27 January 2011 - 01:14 AM.

#2 doodlebee

doodlebee
  • 84 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:07 AM

2011-01-27 03:48:43 - Bought Transparaberry Slushie: 9494 NP in 2349ms (Est. Profit: 2490000 NP)

First big AB, and I'm afraid I can't have it -_-... Will this be suspicious? If so should I stop AB'ing right now?

If your times/settings weren't too ridiculous, it should be fine. I've ab'ed a bunch of stuff worth that much over a month and I'm not frozen :) You might want to remove the date/time from that though, don't know who's prowling the forums >.>

#3 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:17 AM

Lol, I'm just trying to see (: 2300ms seems a little short no?

#4 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:27 AM

Nobody knows. Just cross you fingers and see what happens.

TNT can do whatever they want.

#5 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:33 AM

I'd figured as much ;/ Thanks for that Iargue. Let's see in a week or so

#6 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:51 AM

That buy time does not seem unreasonable, but you never know.

You will hopefully be fine, but you never know with TNT.

#7 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:53 AM

I think you should be fine.

Ive gotten a UB around that time (a R99 around the same est value) and it passed through fine.

#8 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:55 AM

Any need to stop using the Aber? or just go like nothing happened

#9 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:19 AM

Any need to stop using the Aber? or just go like nothing happened

Maybe it's worth stopping for the day, but it would be worth starting right back up tomorrow.

#10 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:45 AM

what's the reasoning behind stopping after snagging a UB?
I stop abrosia long enough to put the item in my SDB/gallery and to make a post on the boards, but then i just go straight back to ABing..

wouldn't stopping right after and then starting up again in a couple of days time make it (even more) suspicious?

#11 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:57 AM

what's the reasoning behind stopping after snagging a UB?
I stop abrosia long enough to put the item in my SDB/gallery and to make a post on the boards, but then i just go straight back to ABing..

wouldn't stopping right after and then starting up again in a couple of days time make it (even more) suspicious?

I don't personally do it, as I'm never really watching Abrosia, but the reasoning would be:

"I just snagged an item worth a couple mil. Mission a-fucking-complished. Might as well quit while I'm ahead."

Your way seems fine, too, but I like to present as many options as possible and let the user decide on the option that is most like what they would do if they were playing legit.

#12 Acheron

Acheron
  • 586 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:06 AM

If your times/settings weren't too ridiculous, it should be fine. I've ab'ed a bunch of stuff worth that much over a month and I'm not frozen :) You might want to remove the date/time from that though, don't know who's prowling the forums >.>

You quoted him so.....

Yeah, might wanna remove it.

#13 Dreww

Dreww
  • 552 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:31 AM

It's been about 4 weeks since my ABer nabbed some high profile items. I've had a few UBs for 1-5m ranging from 1700-2300ms. I think you might be fine with that lower profile item.

I don't personally do it, as I'm never really watching Abrosia, but the reasoning would be:

"I just snagged an item worth a couple mil. Mission a-fucking-complished. Might as well quit while I'm ahead."

Your way seems fine, too, but I like to present as many options as possible and let the user decide on the option that is most like what they would do if they were playing legit.

I agree. If I'm on to see a good buy or even a good miss, I at the very least pause and go post about it on the BDChat RS&Chat.

#14 Seren

Seren
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:33 AM

I got an UB worth 3 mil a few days ago and the buy time was close to yours. I sold it fairly quickly. No problems yet. :) *cross fingers*

#15 BEEEEWRRYY

BEEEEWRRYY
  • 315 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:46 AM

Hmm most of my buy times are around 1600-1800ms and I still miss like 90% of the good items that the ABer tries for and therefore assume others have even quicker buy times.. So I don't see how getting it at 2300ms would be too short.

#16 Vizkiu

Vizkiu
  • 501 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:00 AM

what is the link of ab?

#17 Dreww

Dreww
  • 552 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:03 AM

what is the link of ab?

http://www.neocodex.us/forum/files/file/15-abrosia-main-shop-autobuyer-igloo-autobuyer/

#18 Vizkiu

Vizkiu
  • 501 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:08 AM

http://www.neocodex....gloo-autobuyer/

Thank you so much :p

#19 Chase

Chase
  • 174 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:11 AM

acctually. i think posting here is probably more dangerous than the act of buying itself.

considering that it is r99, if TNT comes here and sees this post, they will probably investigate the last person who bought the item. risky. perhaps you should just remove this thread completely.

#20 Kuraz

Kuraz
  • 546 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:20 AM

acctually. i think posting here is probably more dangerous than the act of buying itself.

considering that it is r99, if TNT comes here and sees this post, they will probably investigate the last person who bought the item. risky. perhaps you should just remove this thread completely.

This is very true indeed.
a r99 is not released very often. If you tell us that you have ABed it, TNT may come by chance and catch you.

so I would recommend everyone who has ABed great items not to post it here - for your safety
though of course you can do it to trap those who actually bought it lol

#21 Dreww

Dreww
  • 552 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:20 AM

It's not TNT I'd be worried about. It's people from the Neoboards coming here, finding items and managing to link it to your account.

Your times are fine. Grats on the buy.

If he timed it well enough with when charizardfan takes his trade lot down from his storage side, he could pass it off as a buy from him. But that's just in case he really wants to safe it.

#22 Chase

Chase
  • 174 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:29 AM

This is very true indeed.
a r99 is not released very often. If you tell us that you have ABed it, TNT may come by chance and catch you.

so I would recommend everyone who has ABed great items not to post it here - for your safety
though of course you can do it to trap those who actually bought it lol

hahaha. u make it sound like we should all engage in blackmail in codex.

This -> ' i know who you are and what evil (i mean awesome) contraption you used to get your (insert item name). pay me 1mil or i will report you. you have 24hours to reply. '

edit: and can a mod please edit the post by doodlebee? it references the exact time which dk bought the item. kinda unsafe for him imo.

Edited by chronosxii, 27 January 2011 - 07:32 AM.

#23 Chase

Chase
  • 174 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:56 AM

In which timezone?

Not that unsafe it could have been any timezone :)

oh yea! good point! plus - if the system clock is off - even better. lol. oh well. then i guess its not that much a cause for concern then. =)

#24 sircomflix

sircomflix
  • 461 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:55 AM

Putting your hands together and throwing a prayer wouldn't hurt your chances. It's a good buy, but you shouldn't be too scared of being iced. Unless you start getting a lot of r99's or switch to more high profile shops, then you should start to worry.

#25 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:03 AM

Well thanks everyone for taking their time to answer my silly question (: People are right though it doesn't seem to be really high profile item so it might take a while to sell. ahh the feeling you get when you AB your first UB (: again thanks for the replies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users