Photo

SPEED Guide to Beating NQ2

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#76 Shampoo

Shampoo
  • 295 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:10 PM

I think there is a faerie who sells stuff at the end right before the last battle.

#77 iamlost26

iamlost26
  • 563 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:24 AM

Sorry for neglecting this thread, and thanks to all of the people who commented in order to help other people! I'll try to answer more questions from now on :)

#78 potwrugoin

potwrugoin
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:40 PM

does this work for chome? i tried installing the remote script and it keeps opening tabs and i cant disable unless i open task manager and then end the memory process.

I tried using auto trainer, it just keeps going to the right and not left and when it goes into battle, it says "target is already" when its still alive -_-...

Anyone using this by chrome??

Edited by potwrugoin, 12 August 2011 - 06:00 AM.

#79 iamlost26

iamlost26
  • 563 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:53 AM

i've tried using it in chrome and it doesn't work nearly as well. it doesn't seem to recognize pages as easily as gm in firefox. someone else may have more info on this, though, since i didn't try very hard.

#80 Graz

Graz
  • 231 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:46 PM

Edit: nvm using the trainer 2.0 is slower.

Edited by Graz, 19 August 2011 - 09:14 PM.

#81 Kyouma

Kyouma
  • 496 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:04 AM

If i use it on chrome, it acts like a virus. Pop-ups keep coming up, it becomes laggy, and the prompt'll just appear over and over again as I close it.
I recommend only using firefox for this stuff.

#82 ussokillura

ussokillura
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:10 AM

Used it to complete normal, evil, insane in 2 weeks, was not really trying for speed though, and my connection is kinda slow. The battle with king terask II on insane was made me nervous, but thankfully I was well prepared and well-stocked with damage, slow and haste potions.

#83 Ngoduong

Ngoduong
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:33 AM

BOW OF DESTINY, mwuhahahahah I got it !!!! thank you very much for you guide.using the script is very much quicker and easy to get the gold trophy (Thank Mispy for her helpful guide too). And i think i got the best luck when ai got all the best prizes: Talinias Whittling Knife, Scuzzys Comb and ofcourse Bow of Destiny

#84 ussokillura

ussokillura
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:50 AM

BOW OF DESTINY, mwuhahahahah I got it !!!! thank you very much for you guide.using the script is very much quicker and easy to get the gold trophy (Thank Mispy for her helpful guide too). And i think i got the best luck when ai got all the best prizes: Talinias Whittling Knife, Scuzzys Comb and ofcourse Bow of Destiny

Well, you could get ramtors' spellbook and wand of reality which are worth more.

#85 GarenaMaster

GarenaMaster
  • 346 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:24 AM

I Got lost tho when i play nq2 i get lost i need someone who can really help me D:

#86 Ngoduong

Ngoduong
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:42 PM

Use In-depth neoquest website to find you locatio.
And depend on what level you are now, we can guess where you are

Edited by Ngoduong, 26 August 2011 - 09:43 PM.

#87 Jaws

Jaws
  • 538 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:33 AM

How long would you recommend running this script?

#88 DoNotAnnoyMe

DoNotAnnoyMe
  • 157 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:57 AM

EDIT: removed

Edited by DoNotAnnoyMe, 05 August 2013 - 09:21 AM.

#89 iamlost26

iamlost26
  • 563 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 09:50 AM

not sure whether you guys will like it, but here's my NQII trainer/auto-mover that is roughly based off the ones already mentioned in this topic

what it does:
auto-moves if enabled for leveling
auto-moves on a given path if enabled
has the numpad mover for quick moving around where there are no given paths
configurable threshold for healing (default is 75% of max hp, if you want to change it, set "healingThreshold" accordingly (some number between 0 and 1) - there's no command for it atm, but I could add one if you want)
automatically uses the best potion available if it's set to use potions (no annoying changing potion to use which I always forgot -.-)
automatically uses various skills ((group) direct damage, group hast, multiple targets, group heal, buff, celestial hammer (disabled - to enable it uncomment the according part))

to use the paths from the remote control one, just use the "set path" script command and paste the path there.
to make it automatically move left/right to train up, use the move command
also the heal command toggles the usage of healing potions (you probably want to keep it off once you got velm except for some boss battles)

That looks really cool... I'm going to give it a go after I start up my "NQ2 Completer" business again. Speaking of which, are there any hopelessly lost people that are still willing to pay NP for me to complete NQ2 for them?

#90 Kyouma

Kyouma
  • 496 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:35 PM

not sure whether you guys will like it, but here's my NQII trainer/auto-mover that is roughly based off the ones already mentioned in this topic

Is it for chrome or firefox? Will it work on chrome perchance?

#91 DoNotAnnoyMe

DoNotAnnoyMe
  • 157 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 03:56 AM

Is it for chrome or firefox? Will it work on chrome perchance?

it's for firefox, anyway, you could make it work for chrome by removing the GM_registerMenuCommand calls and replacing the GM_getValue ones with the values you want to use.
except for those settings it should work with all browsers that support user scripts (e.g. opera, chrome)

#92 iQaLex

iQaLex
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:58 AM

very detailed thanks ill defo try it out ^^

#93 Jaws

Jaws
  • 538 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:52 AM

what it does:
configurable threshold for healing (default is 75% of max hp, if you want to change it, set "healingThreshold" accordingly (some number between 0 and 1) - there's no command for it atm, but I could add one if you want)
automatically uses the best potion available if it's set to use potions (no annoying changing potion to use which I always forgot -.-)
automatically uses various skills ((group) direct damage, group hast, multiple targets, group heal, buff, celestial hammer (disabled - to enable it uncomment the according part))

to use the paths from the remote control one, just use the "set path" script command and paste the path there.
also the heal command toggles the usage of healing potions (you probably want to keep it off once you got velm except for some boss battles)

Cool, I like the numpad... very handy indeed :)
Haven't used this much, but then again I don't have much left anyway

#94 TigerEyeAli

TigerEyeAli
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:37 AM

i just found Mipsy and using the Auto leveler
when they fight mobs/enemies when its Mipsys turn to attack it doesnt attack it sits there refreshing the page
the only way t moves on is if i click Attack for Mipsy rohanes autoleveler is working fine :S

I had the same problem until I manually editied the GM script using notepad! Works like a charm now and even does auto healing after I changed the values!

#95 chipndale

chipndale
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:52 PM

So i figured out what i was doing wrong/how to get the remote working... guess i'll post so other who may have the same issue:

i) i use Firefox
ii) i allow my browser to save my tab when i close the browser (so the ones that were open upon closing are reopened when i start the browser again)

1. Get all the GM, Remote script etc etc.
2. Load up a NQ2 game with the GM & Remote (Auto Trainer V2.0) script activated and running
3. Go to Remote website
4. Fiddle with the config on the right side to how you need/want it. Hit the SAVE button
5. Click the appropriate Act check bubble, select the appropriate option from the drop down menu, Click on the top Enable bubble (and if u want fleeing, then the bottom one too). Hit SAVE
6. Close the browser
7. Open the browser

hope this helps anyone who was/is/does have the same issue i had :)

Thanks a lot for the instructions :) great program too!

Just a suggestion, maybe someone can add a function to the script to fight around until x amount of gold is reached?

EDIT: I started a new game and used the script straight from the start. What happens is whenever Rohane's health goes down to 15/25 the script tries to use healing vial, but since I started a new game there's not enough vials and hence I keep getting the red "you can't use" line. Any help please?

So if you think about it, if you run out of the type of potion that the script is supposed to use, and the script keeps trying to use it, and all you get is the red line "you don't have that item", won't it be super suspicious to TNT? Like the link to use potion is not explicit and yet you keep using it, it's obvious sth is wrong right?

Edited by chipndale, 28 November 2011 - 10:57 AM.

#96 DoNotAnnoyMe

DoNotAnnoyMe
  • 157 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:35 AM

EDIT: I started a new game and used the script straight from the start. What happens is whenever Rohane's health goes down to 15/25 the script tries to use healing vial, but since I started a new game there's not enough vials and hence I keep getting the red "you can't use" line. Any help please?

use my modified version posted above - it always uses the best potion you have or just doesn't use one if you don't have any

#97 itsfrananne

itsfrananne
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:35 PM

feel really stupid but..
does this work on chrome with tampermonkey? :)

#98 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:57 AM

what it does:

How do I configure this script? So far all I can manage is using the numpad :p

#99 DoNotAnnoyMe

DoNotAnnoyMe
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:14 AM

try to locate the "user script commands" menu (should be in tools or somehow accessible from the greasemonkey/scriptish icon)

there you'll have a few commands:
move: toggles "training" mode (keeps moving left and right)
heal: toggles usage of healing potions (can be disabled after getting velm, although I'd recommend just leaving it on)
set path: allows you to set a path to move on (same format as for other NQII movers (direction-number sequence)
set reverse path: same as above except that the path is traversed backwards (sometimes useful if you recognize you aren't strong enough and want to go back to town)

those options can also be access from about:config (use "neoquest" as filter)
note: you can also add a "healingThreshold" option there (<same thing the others have in front>.healingThreshold) which is a number between 0 and 1 that determines under which percentage of HP you're considered damaged enough to need healing (default is 75%)

aside from that there's pretty much only battle logic you could change by tweaking the script itself to your needs, but I think the way it works should be pretty universal:
skills are only used when available during the turn
potions are used only when there are any and you're damaged enough and best potion is always used first
damage/debuff potions are never used (you don't need them even on insane, but if you want to use a few during boss fights, just pause the script and throw them yourself :p)
unless specified otherwise characters perform the normal attack
velm uses group healing if party members are damaged, else uses group shielding if not buffed and else heals anyway (you can comment out the celestial hammer part if you want to use that) (you can also comment the second heal one if you want to do nothing instead) (you can also comment the do nothing if he should use his normal attack instead)
mipsy uses haste if not already hasted, else the better one of direct damage and group direct damage

Edited by DoNotAnnoyMe, 19 February 2012 - 07:17 AM.

#100 Dangocat

Dangocat
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:18 AM

I can't seem to get the automover to work.. I'm not sure why. I have GM enabled and the script enabled, then I go to the autotrainer website, save my settings, and click my NQ2 bookmark, but nothing happens.

Edit: nevermind, I closed all the windows and reopened NQ2 and it seems to work now.

Edited by Dangobear, 18 March 2012 - 02:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users