Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:44 PM

http://www.joystiq.c...mbat-evolved-hd

Halo: Combat Evolved remake coming this holiday
by Alexander Sliwinski Posted Image on Feb 4th 2011 9:15AM

216 Posted Image Joystiq has learned that the previously rumored remake of Halo: Combat Evolved will indeed launch this holiday season for Xbox 360 with a full visual overhaul. Sources explain that the re-release is not Bungie's 2001 Xbox game simply running at a higher resolution -- it's being remade with new art assets. While Halo's audio will likely remain unaltered, the controls will allow for more recent Halo configurations.

The Halo: Combat Evolved remake is allegedly being developed by New Jersey-based Saber Interactive, the company behind TimeShift and Namco's upcoming Inversion, but we've been unable to confirm the nature of the engine powering it. We understand that it's something other than the Reach engine.

The Halo: Combat Evolved update, one of two Halo games currently in development under the watchful eye of 343 Industries, is expected to support 1080p resolution and 3D televisions. Details on multiplayer are supposedly still being worked out, but we understand the remake will likely feature online co-op (the original game supported two-player split-screen co-op).

The game is expected to re-evolve on November 15, 2011, ten years after Halo: Combat Evolved launched alongside the Xbox. Our sources didn't know of any plans to similarly upgrade the recently disconnected Halo 2, but it's hard to imagine Microsoft playing favorites with its biggest franchise.

stoked

#2 Blissey

Blissey
  • 581 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:10 PM

The first one was my favorite, just because of the bloodgulch map. I would love to see this again with new textures/features to make it more recent, but with the same storyline/multiplayer maps.

#3 Lallard

Lallard
  • 487 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:52 PM

Shit it's been 10 years already?

I'll hop in the bandwagon and say that I did miss playing at Blood Gulch.

#4 sircomflix

sircomflix
  • 461 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:36 PM

So many countless hours of Halo back in the day... I can't believe it's been 10 years.

Was hoping this would be on PC too...

#5 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:17 PM

CTF BLOODGULCH. Awwww yeaaaaah here we go again

#6 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:47 PM

Definitely looking forward to this as I've never played it or the second one.
Only just recently got into Halo as it's not typically my genre, but after playing Halo Wars I had to give it a chance.
Working on 3 now, but already have Reach waiting for me.
Will be nice to see the game that started it all. Can't wait to see the improved graphics and such.
No complaints about the achievement points & Waypoint progression either. :p
Guess I'll have to reserve this next time I'm at GameStop.
Wonder if there'll be any pre-release bonus items...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users