Valentine's Day Gifts

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#26 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:03 PM

My early valentines day gift was being cheated on.
Herp derp.

Edit: This is not an idea valentines day gift choice.

Edited by Adina, 07 February 2011 - 11:05 PM.

#27 HeavenNEarth

HeavenNEarth
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:06 PM

Don't have a valentine, guess ill just play neopets the whole day ehhe

#28 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:25 PM

Don't have a valentine, guess ill just play neopets the whole day ehhe

Cool post count bro.

*snicker*

#29 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:00 AM

Herp derp.

Damn, son.

Shit sucks.

#30 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:35 AM

Herp derp.

So, your (ex-?)boyfriend's early Valentine's Day gift was a kick to the balls, right?

#31 sircomflix

sircomflix
  • 461 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:16 AM

As trite as chocolate and flowers are, girls still love/expect that shit. Posted Image

#32 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:10 AM

orl? i'd throw the flowers away...

#33 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:57 AM

orl? i'd throw the flowers away...

I can confirm, flowers arent usualy appriciated by me, nor my female peers.So unless your dating someone 30+ then stay awayyyyy

(n.b. im sure some girls do like em but watevs)

#34 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:02 PM

I can confirm, flowers arent usualy appriciated by me, nor my female peers.So unless your dating someone 30+ then stay awayyyyy

(n.b. im sure some girls do like em but watevs)

Well I think it's nice to get a girl flowers if you know what kind they like: for example I know that my friend's favourite flower is the Marigold. So it's more the fact that i know that than the actual flower itself

my friend works in a flower shop and she has the funniest stories about how people order "one long stem red rose" on valentine's day haha

#35 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:18 PM

So, your (ex-?)boyfriend's early Valentine's Day gift was a kick to the balls, right?

Yeah. I'd kick him in the balls if I was like that. Sadly I sympathize for people too much, and I can never intentionally hurt someone who I care about. :(

#36 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:28 PM

Well I think it's nice to get a girl flowers if you know what kind they like: for example I know that my friend's favourite flower is the Marigold. So it's more the fact that i know that than the actual flower itself

my friend works in a flower shop and she has the funniest stories about how people order "one long stem red rose" on valentine's day haha

To be fair, have you seen how the price of roses shoots up at that time of year? You practically have to take out a loan to get a bouquet's worth.

My stance in the flower debate: they're pretty (unless you get ugly ones like a moron) and relieve me of the stress of actually remembering to water a living plant, whilst still brightening up the place. I can also confirm that several of my female friends like them.

Yeah. I'd kick him in the balls if I was like that. Sadly I sympathize for people too much, and I can never intentionally hurt someone who I care about. :(

Aw, you're too sweet. I hope you and your mutual friends have at least made him feel rotten about being such a doucheturd.

Edited by Lychee, 08 February 2011 - 01:28 PM.

#37 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:29 PM

My boyfriend gave me a plush Weighted Companion Cube. But we are both complete nerds, and live 1500 miles apart, so your mileage may vary.

#38 ilovepolkadots

ilovepolkadots
  • 724 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:36 PM

instead of getting them a boque of flowers that will die - turn that cute insight around and get her a little potted plant of that flower.
(Marigolds thrive in pots by the by)
i have done this for several friends and even decorated the pots themselves - either painted or sewn something :3

#39 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:40 PM

instead of getting them a boque of flowers that will die - turn that cute insight around and get her a little potted plant of that flower.
(Marigolds thrive in pots by the by)
i have done this for several friends and even decorated the pots themselves - either painted or sewn something :3

neat :D But we're not dating or anything so I don't have to get her anything :3 (plus she's in a relationship so she can get it from him xD)

But it's true, maybe a living flower would be a good idea. Good call

#40 zevrom

zevrom
  • 411 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:48 PM

I always just give out free cookies to everyone so impossible to reject :)

#41 MisterDerp

MisterDerp
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:38 PM

As trite as chocolate and flowers are, girls still love/expect that shit. Posted Image

Pff. If you're going to give me flowers, you gotta get me a potted flower, preferably Sparaxis Tricolor or Jasmine flower. Cut flowers are kind of stupid since they're almost as wasteful as chocolate due to them wilting within days of purchase.

Edited by PsychoSoldier, 08 February 2011 - 05:40 PM.

#42 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:42 PM

Pff. If you're going to give me flowers, you gotta get me a potted flower, preferably Sparaxis Tricolor or Jasmine flower. Cut flowers are kind of stupid since they're almost as wasteful as chocolate due to them wilting within days of purchase.

So wait... if I'm to buy you a plant, it has to be alive?

Spoiler

Do you love me now?

#43 MisterDerp

MisterDerp
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:43 PM

Spoiler

Do you love me now?

Maybe, bby. ;D I've never smoked weed, though I'd prefer the ones with a less pungent aroma.

Edited by PsychoSoldier, 08 February 2011 - 05:44 PM.

#44 Abradix

Abradix
  • 769 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:44 PM

Spoiler

Do you love me now?

Yes. Now and for uhhh... As long as that thing is still producing.

#45 leurz

leurz
  • 146 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:52 PM

Jcrboy has the right idea, but I don't think it should be a live gift. You should get her a nice sack. Maybe get a decorative heart shaped jar?

Alternately, underwear for her. Chix love underwear. Also, fluffy socks / pajamas / scarves / hats. Especially since it's still cold everywhere.

#46 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:04 PM

Jcrboy has the right idea, but I don't think it should be a live gift. You should get her a nice sack. Maybe get a decorative heart shaped jar?

Alternately, underwear for her. Chix love underwear. Also, fluffy socks / pajamas / scarves / hats. Especially since it's still cold everywhere.

I'm actually pretty good at picking quality gifts.

...Which makes me wonder why the hell I'm single >:|

#47 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:06 PM

I'm actually pretty good at picking quality gifts.

...Which makes me wonder why the hell I'm single >:|

because no one is good enough for you *coddle*

That was supposed to be me pretending to be your mom

O.o

#48 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:17 PM

You should get her a nice sack.

Yup, that's what I want for V-day *thumbs up*

.. but anyway I think flowers are kind of dumb. Yeah they're pretty for a few days but I'd rather you give me the money you paid for them LOL
Usual V-day gifts in general are pretty dumb.
My typical gift is usually something cool like a cute stuffed animal or something nerdy.
Last year I got a cute jacket and gave my boyfriend a shirt that he had been wanting, so idk.
We just use it as like a second Christmas just between us. :p

#49 Dichromate

Dichromate
  • 277 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:05 PM

Well, I've seen girls here getting plush toys and being happy over it. By plush toys I mean those expensive, furry ones, preferably bigger than a conventional house because it's cuter that way.

As for me, I think Valentine's Day should be about quality, not the present. A whole day hanging out - good food, watch movie, and just plain lazing around morning to night beats getting a bouquet of flowers that will either wilt next week or gather dust. Ditto chocolates that doesn't even necessarily taste good.

Ohaipracticality, etc.etc.

#50 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:16 PM

Honestly, the quality of the present depends on how much thought you put into it. Basically, any idiot can buy something off a shelf and hand it to someone else, or pick a movie and buy dinner.

Find out what your SO likes and run with it. I like my Weighted Companion Cube because I think it's hilarious and I loved Portal, not because it's a plushie (and it's actually only about a 6" cube, and rather tight-stuffed. Not as huggable as the pictures make it look!).

Edited by mremaknu, 08 February 2011 - 07:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users