• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

#1 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:32 AM

POPULAR POST!

Program Manager Released (Beta for Adv. Members+)

For the last month, the programmers of Neocodex have worked together to create a brand new method of distributing the programs to the end user. Out of the sweat and blood we gave birth to the Program Manager.

Be sure to thank Pyro699, who was the brainchild and lead programmer of this project!

Download from here: http://www.neocodex....r-pre-releases/
Remember to please report bugs here: http://www.neocodex....rogram-manager/

Posted Image

Centralized Downloads System
We have forged a single download that bring all of the programs together in a single application. Simply click on the program that you want, install it, and run it. Everything is taken care of, you no longer have to log in to Codex Checks every time you want to run a new program.

Automatic Updates
Any time we update or change a program, rather than forcing you to download them all over again, the program manager will automatically download the update on startup and let you get straight to the program.

Shared Logins
This program shares your Neopets login information among all programs, allowing you to simply open a new program without having to go through another Neopets login.

Run More Than One Program At Once
Thanks to the way we share logins, you can also run more than one program at once within the Program Manager without the worry of one of them being logged out. For the brave of heart only.

Faster Neocodex Authorization
The Codex Checks are no longer the same as what you remember. Not only will you only need to log in to Neocodex only once to use all of our programs, but the process is much quicker and more informative than ever before.

Automatic Error Reporting
Whenever a program runs into an error it cannot handle, automatic bug reports will be forwarded to the programmers. This allows us us to quickly fix errors so it never happens again. This also eliminates the human aspect of reporting bugs, since it can be difficult for some users.

All Programs Are Mac Compatible
All programs will now work natively on Mac OS based computers. We lost a thousand brave souls battling with this task, yet they did not die in vain.

At this point the program is only available to people at Advanced Rank or above. The reason being is that this is our Public beta. We do expect some bugs to exist, and we have a few more features to add before we feel comfortable releasing it to the public. Also, sadly, the settings you chose in our current programs will not move over to the Program Manager, so make sure you note your settings before uninstalling your other programs.

------------
Now, an update from ShadowLink64:

The administration has decided to promote Pyro699 to the rank of Programmer! Your expertise and initiative have greatly benefited Neocodex, and we are grateful that you are on the team with us. Nicely done, and congratulations!

The following people deserve REP for this project. Iargue, ShadowLink64, and Pyro699. Give them rep as you see fit. We all put many hours into this.

#2 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:02 AM

Yay, good job team, and congratulations again Pyro! :D

#3 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:04 AM

Posted Image

#4 Unseen

Unseen
  • Cultist of the Unseeing Eye

• 571 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:05 AM

Sweet Jesus you guys are amazing. I look forward to using this soon :]

#5 JL3

JL3
  • 187 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:05 AM

Yey thanks a lot

Oh no can't hide from taskbar lol

Edited by JL3, 13 February 2011 - 12:22 AM.

#6 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:07 AM

This will be a godsend for debugging purposes. All hail the new face of Neocheating!

OOH OOH! One more thing!

Remember to note your settings from the previous releases.

Settings are not automatically imported, and you will need to reset them in the new program manager.

#7 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:07 AM

Pretty epic, now I can be lazier! YAY!!!

#8 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:08 AM

Such an awesome effort by all involved. Currently using it as we speak and i must say, its certainly very user friendly and makes life so much easier! Thanks so much guys. *runs off to test AAA AB'er*

#9 zevrom

zevrom
  • 411 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:18 AM

Wow looks great, cant wait for it to be released to public
is it really necessary uninstalling the other programs to use it???Congratz Pyro

#10 HeavenNEarth

HeavenNEarth
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:20 AM

Thanks ! Hope it is open for everyone to use soon :o

#11 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:30 AM

A program manager AND an AAA-ABer ?? You guys have outdone yourselves!
Thanks for the update and congrats on the new position pyro! :)

Quick question: When i run a program and then minimize it, how do i get it back?
If i click run again it just tells me that the program is already running

#12 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:31 AM

Wow looks great, cant wait for it to be released to public
is it really necessary uninstalling the other programs to use it???Congratz Pyro

No, you should keep all your programs until you have transferred the settings...

Which won't be until you reach advanced or when this reaches a public release ;)

#13 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:44 AM

A program manager AND an AAA-ABer ?? You guys have outdone yourselves!
Thanks for the update and congrats on the new position pyro! :)

Quick question: When i run a program and then minimize it, how do i get it back?
If i click run again it just tells me that the program is already running

That would be a bug, haha. I'll update this thread when I have fixed it. I'm waiting on some Attic source so I can fix the Attic ABer.

Abrosia updated for the program manager. Just restart the program manager and it will automatically re-download Abrosia.

Bugs Fixed in 1.3.11:
- Minimize Bug
- Random attic stuff

#14 tim513

tim513
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:08 AM

g-g-g-gaaaawdlyyyyy.

#15 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:34 AM

The Program Manager fundamentally changes the way we distribute programs. Instead of having to compile each program individually, we generate program releases straight from our source code using an automatic system. It is as simple as two clicks on our end to update everyone's copies.

Here's a list of the various inefficiencies that we have addressed with the release:
  • The time it takes to log into the Neocodex login in the Program Manager is more than 200% faster than the old CodexChex system. This is because we no longer use the Invision Power Board login... we wrote our own just for this system.
  • To release a program in the past, we needed to fix the error in our source code, change version numbers, generate an executable file, and upload it on the forum. Rinse and repeat in a Mac environment. The estimated time of doing all of this is 30 to 60 minutes, depending on how slow the VMs are acting that day. :p We've done away with that and we can update your copies in less than 30 seconds of discovering a bug, in both Mac and Windows simultaneously.
  • This uniformly makes all of our programs usable by Mac users. There is no more dispute about what works for Mac and what doesn't. It all should.
  • No other Neopets cheating community on this planet uses a system this efficient for distributing its programs. We plan to leverage this advantage in the future to serve you guys the best products and services without time-wasting bottlenecks. We will truly experience rapid application development. :p

#16 Unseen

Unseen

• 571 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:37 AM

Neocodex is yet another step closer to ruling the world!

#17 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:41 AM

I just just fixed a bug in Abrosia, and it took me about 30 seconds to fix all of your copies. I absolutely am in love with this system. :p You guys just need to restart the Program Manager though, that's the only problem. :p

#18 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:43 AM

Rapid application development. :p

I don't know if rapid is the effective term to use.

This is an absurdly efficient system that is bordering on complete professionalism.

We were the best before... now we just kind of put everyone else to shame... XD

#19 Unseen

Unseen

• 571 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:48 AM

Well it's quite amazing really. You all do this out of entertainment and you are doing exceptional work for it. :] We are like family

#20 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:49 AM

It's pretty awesome I reported a bug to SL, few minutes later he told me to restart the manager and it was fixed :)

#21 mysterybat

mysterybat
  • 305 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:53 AM

after I click run button on Abrosia ,if I want to ab on more shells and click run again,it said the program is already running ....
how can I ab at more shells ?

#22 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:56 AM

Thanks for the update! I am now able to minimize :)

A couple more things though:
#1. under Unknown Items, i think you mean to use 3 check boxes (not 1 check box + 2 radio buttons)
#2. im not getting anything from the audible alerts, even when i press test sound

#23 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:13 AM

after I click run button on Abrosia ,if I want to ab on more shells and click run again,it said the program is already running ....
how can I ab at more shells ?

The program manager runs as an entire Neopets session. In order to make things tidier for the program, to start a new session, you must start a new instance of the program manager.

Good luck!

#24 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:16 AM

With what has been accomplished so far, there's no reason why you couldn't set it up so that when a program is updated it sends a 'message' to any connected clients and force a live update without the person even needing to do anything ;)

The manager actually checks for downloads every hour or so, so even if it doesn't update right away, it will in an hour. :p Some people are just impatient. :p

#25 Unseen

Unseen

• 571 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:18 AM

The manager actually checks for downloads every hour or so, so even if it doesn't update right away, it will in an hour. :p Some people are just impatient. :p

>The manager actually checks for downloads every hour or so, so even if it doesn't update right away, it will in an hour.
>checks for downloads every hour or so, so even if it doesn't update right away, it will in an hour.
>even if it doesn't update right away, it will in an hour.
>it will in an hour.

... It's sounding more and more awesome by the seconds O_o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users