Photo

Breaking the Ice

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 LadyDarigan

LadyDarigan
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:42 PM

Nice to finally find the black market of Neopets. God knows I've been looking for it since I was a kid. Posted Image

#2 cpvr

cpvr
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:43 PM

Welcome to the community - how are you? How did you find us?

#3 LadyDarigan

LadyDarigan
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:46 PM

Google all the way. I think I started out looking for guides on how to make fast neopoints. I ended up looking into restocking, then auto-buying, and then here.

#4 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:49 PM

Nice to finally find the black market of Neopets. God knows I've been looking for it since I was a kid. Posted Image

Ello ello there. May I suggest this poll to start you off? :p

http://www.neocodex....age__p__1387253

And I'm guessing you're new not only to this site but to cheating as well on neopets. If you have any questions feel free to PM me about any questions you may have about codex or cheating in general :)

I'm not an admin or anything but I'm always willing to help when I can :)

#5 LadyDarigan

LadyDarigan
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:56 PM

Thanks, Boggart. I certainly will Posted Image

I had plenty of trouble figuring out how to run the AB before surrendering and reading the instructions.

Nice to know that it's a friendly community of scoundrels.

#6 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:07 PM

Nice to know that it's a friendly community of scoundrels.

Well that's up for debate :p

If you have trouble with our autobuyer (Abrosia)

here's a FAQ:

FAQ

The entire thread:

Abrosia

It's pretty huge though, but try to at least read a few pages.

#7 Unseen

Unseen
  • Cultist of the Unseeing Eye

• 571 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:12 PM

Friendly? Herr, yeno it is! Boggart you ditched me in chat you hoe!

#8 LadyDarigan

LadyDarigan
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:14 PM

Q: Can I browse the Neopets site/use another autoplayer while running ABrosia?

A: NO! This is a really bad plan for the following reasons:
1. Neopets only allows you to have 1 browser on Neopets at a time, and all Neocodex's programs are treated as separate browsers. Either ABrosia, the autoplayer, or your actual browser will actually get logged out.
2. Doing too many things at once sends up red flags on TNT's end. If you're getting good buy times at the same time as you're playing flash games, it looks illegitimate, and has a decent chance of getting you frozen.

-----------------

I've been using Firefox and Safari at the same time, signed into separate accounts, one auto-buying while I play on the other normally. Posted Image

#9 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:16 PM

1. Neopets only allows you to have 1 browser on Neopets at a time, and all Neocodex's programs are treated as separate browsers. Either ABrosia, the autoplayer, or your actual browser will actually get logged out.
2. Doing too many things at once sends up red flags on TNT's end. If you're getting good buy times at the same time as you're playing flash games, it looks illegitimate, and has a decent chance of getting you frozen.

-----------------

I've been using Firefox and Safari at the same time, signed into separate accounts, one auto-buying while I play on the other normally. Posted Image

That's okay because then you're using two different accounts. this is referre to as using the same account with Abrosia + browsing

However it means two different active IP's which could look suspicious to TNT :o Just so ya know

#10 Unseen

Unseen

• 571 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:16 PM

-----------------

Just take it easy... with or without a proxy? Stupid glue gun... messed up my art project >:o

#11 LadyDarigan

LadyDarigan
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:26 PM

Er... I'm just going to accept that I'm about to make a fool of myself, and begin by saying I'm about to look up what a "proxy" is.

#12 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:27 PM

Er... I'm just going to accept that I'm about to make a fool of myself, and begin by saying I'm about to look up what a "proxy" is.

Here's a guide for proxies

http://www.neocodex....ow-to-use-them/

#13 Unseen

Unseen

• 571 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:29 PM

Easy example: I say hi. You heard me say hi. I mail you a letter I said hi. I said hi to you twice. You don't need to hear it twice and I'll say you don't like repetitiveness.
Proxy: I say hi. I persuade Jim here to say hi to you too in behalf of me. You met "two" people and don't mind it so much. TNT doesn't know... Two things can happen at once.

#14 LadyDarigan

LadyDarigan
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:31 PM

Alright. So a proxy is a decoy, or surrogate IP address. IP stands for internet protocol, and it's unique to my internet connection...

Is it also unique to my laptop? Because I've got 3 roommates who I've convinced to get back onto Neopets, and we're frequently all online through the same connection.

#15 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:34 PM

Alright. So a proxy is a decoy, or surrogate IP address. IP stands for internet protocol, and it's unique to my internet connection...

Is it also unique to my laptop? Because I've got 3 roommates who I've convinced to get back onto Neopets, and we're frequently all online through the same connection.

it is not unique to the computer/laptop assuming you all use the same internet (I.e. wireless).

As long as there're no transfers between the accounts, i.e. TNT to suspect it's actually you running all the accounts, you'll be okay

#16 LadyDarigan

LadyDarigan
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:37 PM

We're wireless, and I have been giving them things, like petpets, paint brushes, and most recently valentine's day gifts.

I think I remember doing something like this back in elementary school to get around website blocks.

Thanks for the link, btw :) It's very informative.

#17 Unseen

Unseen

• 571 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:39 PM

Your name scares me... I like how nice you are, get in IRC?

#18 LadyDarigan

LadyDarigan
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:43 PM

lol, I just happen to be saving up for a Darigan paint brush (I like the ugly pets, they've got more character :) )

Plus I had some pics of myself dressed up as a Devil for hallowe'en sooo, turned the red to purple and bam-o. Spanking new avatar.

And to continue to show off how newbtastic I am... IRC?

#19 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:46 PM

lol, I just happen to be saving up for a Darigan paint brush (I like the ugly pets, they've got more character :) )

Plus I had some pics of myself dressed up as a Devil for hallowe'en sooo, turned the red to purple and bam-o. Spanking new avatar.

And to continue to show off how newbtastic I am... IRC?

IRC is just a chat...service that we use.

http://www.neocodex.us/forum/ircChat/

We basically have 3 types of members: IRC chat members, board members, and those who drift between the two

I am the third group as I basically lurk both :D

The IRC is usually not about neopets though :o But it's a faster way to get questions answered (Although most IRC'ers prefer that neopets stay on the boards :3 You'll learn in time who's good to ask for neopets related help :p)

#20 LadyDarigan

LadyDarigan
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:47 PM

So you're saying that the people using the chat feature of NEOcodex don't like to talk about neopets?

A'ight. Thanks for the heads up, that will certainly help to avoid some confusion.

#21 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:49 PM

So you're saying that the people using the chat feature of NEOcodex don't like to talk about neopets?

A'ight. Thanks for the heads up, that will certainly help to avoid some confusion.

not so much don't like talking about neopets, but it's a good way to talk to other members about something besides neopets. It sorta became non-neopets.

And if we don't want to clog the boards with like "man I got a haircut. Looks terrible. I look like Rhianna" or something, we take that to chat :p

#22 LadyDarigan

LadyDarigan
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:51 PM

I see. Good to know :).

Which proxy service would you suggest? FoxyProxy? It sounds familiar... though I can't tell if it's elite or not.

#23 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:54 PM

I honestly don't use proxies anymore :o But yes I used foxyproxy in the day. Where to get the proxies themselves is not one of my expertise O.o

#24 HeavenNEarth

HeavenNEarth
  • 133 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:01 PM

I honestly don't use proxies anymore :o But yes I used foxyproxy in the day. Where to get the proxies themselves is not one of my expertise O.o

I tried using one ... gave up within the next 10 minutes so.. yea

#25 CuriousOyster

CuriousOyster
  • 371 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:04 PM

I see. Good to know :).

Which proxy service would you suggest? FoxyProxy? It sounds familiar... though I can't tell if it's elite or not.

If you're willing to pay for one, I suggest www.eliteproxyswitcher.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users