Quantcast

Photo

Scratchcard Probabilities (and are there strategies?)--Maybe Program Request

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Scratchcard Program

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Would you like a program that does Scratchcards?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 esilim

esilim
  • 508 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:31 AM

I'm trying to figure out what the different scratchcard probabilities are. I know that Terror Trove is very useful for increasing pet level, and that when your pet gets higher into stats, Festering Fortune is worth it for that too.

So, I'm wondering if someone knows of a study anywhere on the probabilities of getting the different prizes on the different cards.

Also, I know that scratch order makes no difference at the lost desert kiosk, but does anyone know if it makes a difference which spots you scratch on winter or fairgrounds? Is it "rigged" so that you get all the same prizes in the same order, no matter where you scratch? It doesn't seem to me like there's any way actually to find out.

Finally, this may also be a kind of program request: it would be easier to build a statistical study if quite a few people were contributing to it at once. If we had a scratchcard doing prog that pooled the data, that would be a big leap forward to figuring this out.

Thanks!

#2 JL3

JL3
  • 187 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:34 AM

I thought you only scratch a small number of cards a day, at least I remember them changing it a few years ago. There is no stratergy it is random.

#3 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:39 AM

It would be interesting to see the stats on the various prizes from scratchcards, I wonder if we can convince Noit to add it to NeoLogs. :p

#4 chaoprokia

chaoprokia
  • 558 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:41 AM

the Scratch limit to 5 so each and everyhas a different hours limit i wonder if 24h can it be done to scratch all type of kisok SC

#5 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:02 AM

I agree with the Neologs, but I think it would be almost pointless to create a program for it. I mean...all you have to do is push a few buttons, and I think a real person would have better luck winning something than a program would.

#6 iceberg2477

iceberg2477
  • 353 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:11 AM

I agree with the Neologs, but I think it would be almost pointless to create a program for it. I mean...all you have to do is push a few buttons, and I think a real person would have better luck winning something than a program would.

yea i agree.. but then again i wouldnt mind a program that could do it based on stats

#7 Plunk

Plunk
  • Official Neocodex Dollface

• 545 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:35 AM

I also agree with Neologs, but not the program. There's really no point, since the best it could do is just pick 6 out of 9 squares randomized, and the worst it could do is pick the same 6 squares every time. There are enough people on Codex to raise suspicion if everyone picked the same squares every time, and I'm sure we all have our unique patterns we like to follow when we scratch.

#8 JL3

JL3
  • 187 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:45 AM

I'm not sure how profitable scratchcards are, I'd imagine there are better areas to spend time programming on.

#9 chaoprokia

chaoprokia
  • 558 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:57 AM

well we can have some good stats lol then we know what are we actually dealing with

#10 CJames

CJames
  • 388 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:26 PM

I'm not sure how profitable scratchcards are, I'd imagine there are better areas to spend time programming on.

it would be fun to find out what are the probabilities... after all some of the auto players in neocodex are not about making profit... personally i just buy the scratchcards and play all 5 in a row.. terror trove is my fav as im interested in the level up... and sometimes i win np as well, about 5-30k... not bad considering you spend 5k for 5 cards..

oh and if i do get 1 level up.. to me its worth at least 20k.. and lesser training time..

Edited by b3lldandy, 19 February 2011 - 12:27 PM.

#11 zevrom

zevrom
  • 411 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:37 PM

Yeah that be pretty cool, wouldn't have to waste so much np training my pet

#12 JL3

JL3
  • 187 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:54 PM

it would be fun to find out what are the probabilities... after all some of the auto players in neocodex are not about making profit... personally i just buy the scratchcards and play all 5 in a row.. terror trove is my fav as im interested in the level up... and sometimes i win np as well, about 5-30k... not bad considering you spend 5k for 5 cards..

oh and if i do get 1 level up.. to me its worth at least 20k.. and lesser training time..

Yea true but right now I think I think priority would be with the program manager.

I wouldn't say its very profitable from my experience I've scratched thousands of cards. Probably 10,000 terror trove cards in the past before the limit. I think the low price of the cards reflects the possible rewards. Was fun when I could scratch lots of ice to guarantee myself to win the jackpot. :D

#13 Butet

Butet
  • 213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:19 PM

Good idea, make something that buy scratchcard from the shop and then auto scratch it until max for the day

#14 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:28 PM

Why waste NP on scratchcards when you can just let Abrosia handle it (: But I do tend to do race to riches scratchcard, for around 600np and I always end up making a profit after having scratched them all. But as for a program? It doesn't take that long to click the circle ;p

#15 marcheva

marcheva
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 03:45 PM

ya it seems highly random ive usually done 1 a day and still barely ever win

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users