Photo

FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME?

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#1 equitatus

equitatus
  • 269 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:45 AM

Not just movies you liked....but you're FAVORITE one....

My is the Shawshank Redemption
which i definitely recommend to anyone

#2 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:54 PM

The 1959 remake of Imitation of Life with Lana Turner and Sandra Dee.

#3 Tarabyte

Tarabyte
  • 230 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:04 PM

The Big Empty.
Followed closely by The Last Man on Earth with Vincent Price.

#4 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:06 PM

I think anyone who can pick one single film as a favourite probably hasn't seen enough films, and is therefore a very odd person.

#5 Tarabyte

Tarabyte
  • 230 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:11 PM

I think anyone who can pick one single film as a favourite probably hasn't seen enough films, and is therefore a very odd person.

I've seen such an obscene amount of movies. There are a ton of movies I love, but only two that I would consider my favorite. I'm still an odd person, though.

#6 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:18 PM

I've seen such an obscene amount of movies. There are a ton of movies I love, but only two that I would consider my favorite. I'm still an odd person, though.

Why those?

#7 Tarabyte

Tarabyte
  • 230 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:31 PM

Why those?

The Big Empty because it makes me think every time. I don't think I'll ever fully get that movie.

The Last Man on Earth because it's the epitome of what Iove about old horror movies. Plus, Vincent Price is my favorite actor, and I enjoy the book it's based on.

#8 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:34 PM

"Here's lookin' at you kid."

#9 Dayzee

Dayzee
  • 483 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:35 PM

Agree with this^^

I could maybe narrow it down to my top 10 favorites. If pressed I could maybe pick a favorite from each genre.

#10 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:40 PM

Hmm.. The Secret Window is a good one. Alice in Wonderland, The Nightmare Before Christmas. I love Tim Burton films. So yeah, I can't narrow it down to one.

#11 equitatus

equitatus
  • 269 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:52 PM

Really?
So does this logic apply only to movies?

But moving on....People who hasn't seen a lot of films is odd? Man where have i been??

Lol call me old fashioned if you wish....But i remember back then we used to label people as odd based on , you know, the trivial things like how they dress and act....
Guess times have changed. With a new generation comes an even more trivial way to determine the odditiy (yup made that word up) of people lol........
I must find a way to keep up.....

Edited by equitatus, 24 February 2011 - 01:52 PM.

#12 Poptart

Poptart
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:53 PM

I think Tim Burton butchered a classic when he made Alice in Wonderland. He took all of my favorite characters...and drained every ounce of interesting from them. I enjoy some of his other movies, though. Batman. (:

It's very difficult for me to pick an all time favorite, but some of my favorite movies are : Return of the Living Dead, Pink Floyd The Wall, and The Man With Two Brains.

#13 Tarabyte

Tarabyte
  • 230 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:00 PM

Oh, John Waters films. Cecil B. Demented, Pink Flamingo, Hairspray, Cry-baby. He is by far my favorite director.

#14 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:01 PM

Favorite movie? Gran Torino most likely. I don't like watching movies and most of them I'll watch once and never watch it again. Gran Torino's probably the only movie where I've watched 50 million times throughout the years and I still enjoy it. I know I'm odd but I'm fine with that :p

#15 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:04 PM

Impossible to have just one, depends on the time and the place and the mood.

Breakfast at Tiffanys, Annie Hall, Empires Strikes Back, An Education, I'm Not There, The History Boys...I've got loads.

#16 Dayzee

Dayzee
  • 483 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:06 PM

I think Tim Burton butchered a classic when he made Alice in Wonderland. He took all of my favorite characters...and drained every ounce of interesting from them. I enjoy some of his other movies, though. Batman. (:

It's very difficult for me to pick an all time favorite, but some of my favorite movies are : Return of the Living Dead, Pink Floyd The Wall, and The Man With Two Brains.

I think Tim Burton is a genius. And I love the "dark" story lines. But somehow, despite that, he often manages to grasp defeat from the jaws of success.

I actually think Corpse Bride is my favorite film of his. Brilliant. I thought Batman missed the mark, especially if you read the comic strip. And should I even mention Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? I mean really, what was he thinking?

#17 equitatus

equitatus
  • 269 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:10 PM

I think Tim Burton is a genius. And I love the "dark" story lines. But somehow, despite that, he often manages to grasp defeat from the jaws of success.

I actually think Corpse Bride is my favorite film of his. Brilliant. I thought Batman missed the mark, especially if you read the comic strip. And should I even mention Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? I mean really, what was he thinking?

I liked the Big fish the best out of all his
That was by Burton right?

#18 California

California
  • 136 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:12 PM

I can narrow it down to two. The Devils Rejects & House of a Thousand Corpses. In that order. The sequel was better.

#19 Tarabyte

Tarabyte
  • 230 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:14 PM

I'm a hardcore Batman comic fan, & I loved Tim Burton's Batman. The Batman comics (there are many, many different series) have several different feels, and Batman as a whole has gone through several phases. For the comics at the time, the style of the movie fits perfectly. It's also the same with The Dark Knight. The Batman comics have gone back to their roots with a very dark edge, so the style The Dark Knight fits perfectly with the comics of this age.

Edited by TaraTantrum, 24 February 2011 - 02:14 PM.

#20 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:05 PM

Really?
So does this logic apply only to movies?

But moving on....People who hasn't seen a lot of films is odd? Man where have i been??

Lol call me old fashioned if you wish....But i remember back then we used to label people as odd based on , you know, the trivial things like how they dress and act....
Guess times have changed. With a new generation comes an even more trivial way to determine the odditiy (yup made that word up) of people lol........
I must find a way to keep up.....

Are you legitimately trying to start this discussion with me? Or did you just feel like mouthing off a bit?

Because I guarantee I will lay waste to your ill-concieved and malformed opinions if you so wish... but I felt like I ought to check, first.

#21 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:09 PM

Are you legitimately trying to start this discussion with me? Or did you just feel like mouthing off a bit?

Because I guarantee I will lay waste to your ill-concieved and malformed opinions if you so wish... but I felt like I ought to check, first.

Do it. It will entertain me.

#22 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:23 PM

The Last Man on Earth because it's the epitome of what Iove about old horror movies. Plus, Vincent Price is my favorite actor, and I enjoy the book it's based on.

I really enjoyed that movie more than I ever thought I would. It totally gave me the heeby jeebies.

If I were to narrow it down to one, my favorite movie of all time at the moment is Mad Max. Want me to recite it for you? Because I can.
Sweeney Todd, The Godfather, and Kill Bill Volume 1 are also tops.
When I was little, though my favorite was The Nightmare Before Christmas. So I guess you can file me under the 'Burton Fan' category.

I know it's out of my character, but I have to agree with our Sweeney.
I totally judge people when they tell me they've never seen Star Wars. How the hell do you even have a childhood without seeing Star Wars? Or if you've never seen a single Marx Brother's film. Are you even human?
So. Yeah. This does make you an oddity.

#23 ppalgang

ppalgang
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:45 AM

I never really can narrow it to one I guess.. There are too many movies I loves..
But I remember I never missed Die Hard (and sequel) or any other Bruce Willis movie when it aired on a local TV..

Do it. It will entertain me.

Count me in.. :whistling:

#24 Fresca

Fresca
  • 514 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:50 AM

I totally judge people when they tell me they've never seen Star Wars. How the hell do you even have a childhood without seeing Star Wars? Or if you've never seen a single Marx Brother's film. Are you even human?
So. Yeah. This does make you an oddity.

:rolleyes: I totally judge people when they make retarded statements like that. OMG YOU MEAN SOMETHING THAT'S SIGNIFICANT TO YOU IS INSIGNIFICANT TO OTHER PEOPLE?! NO WAIII!!!!!!!

I guess kids in third world countries who've never seen anything by the Marx Brothers aren't human, right? Lolzzz.

ETA/ Well that came out 100% ruder than I intended. No personal insult to you, punkrockbigmouth, I just hear a lot of this around my campus. Ignore me, I'm on my period.

Edited by Fresca, 25 February 2011 - 06:57 AM.

#25 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:25 AM

That's a strange estimated time of arrival...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users