Quantcast

Photo

Is neopets dying? Or do you think its gaining in popularity?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#51 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:50 AM

Let's not forget that TNT treat the players like crap. Sometimes I have the feeling they think they're the Holy Inkvisition....
All the events and ads cannot help them keep their site active if they keep acting this way. With the "support" they have tis not a surprise ppl are quitting.

This

#52 Blackout

Blackout
  • 411 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:12 PM

Why do you think they dropped so fast? And what new things do you think is helping bring their popularity back - in your opinion?

Basically Adam and Donna were the creators so they couldn't stand seeing their site suck, now these people who control it work for Viacom they could care less if it loses people cuz they still get their Paychecks.

#53 Docshroomed

Docshroomed
  • 152 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:38 PM

Let's not forget that TNT treat the players like crap. Sometimes I have the feeling they think they're the Holy Inkvisition....
All the events and ads cannot help them keep their site active if they keep acting this way. With the "support" they have tis not a surprise ppl are quitting.

Quoted for emphasis...it's a shame, really. TNT is garbage.

#54 cpvr

cpvr
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:44 AM

Basically Adam and Donna were the creators so they couldn't stand seeing their site suck, now these people who control it work for Viacom they could care less if it loses people cuz they still get their Paychecks.

Exactly - and not to much money Neopets seems to generate to pay all its staff.

#55 stars

stars
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:30 AM

Neopets advertises on the Nick channel. I am not sure what specifically the are adversiting because I don't pay attention. My son likes to watch that channel so I will see the advertisement once in a while. That being said, yes, neopets is dying. The boards used to move so fast a few years ago, now that I just logged into my account after a few years break, the boards are really slow. Big sign to me that neopets is a dying breed.

Edited by stars, 09 March 2011 - 07:49 AM.

#56 Homer

Homer
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:59 PM

If it weren't for my girlfriend I probably wouldn't have joined. The pets on neopets are very ugly and the names seem like something pulled out of someone's ass. The people on the boards are annoying and remind me of PTA parents (nosy, judgemental, cynical, and controlling). It took me a long time to get used to the "designs and artworks" of the pets in neopia so I don't see them as ugly as I did initially. It is hard to believe neopets was meant for college students, it feels like it is catered more towards middle school students and possibly high school.

My girlfriend claims TNT has a big staff, but the way they do things around their website gives me the impression that they have no more than 20 people in a small office downtown. This is the only community I found interesting, but the topics are sort of bland. I don't mean to complain, it is not as bad as the neopets board. If this was a reddit board I would probably be an advanced member by now haha. :funone:

td;lr Thinks neopets is fucking ugly, parents are bitches, community is shit, but joined to enjoy games with g/f. I like this community, but its slow.

#57 chaoprokia

chaoprokia
  • 558 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 06:18 AM

there 9k online which is so little compare to the plot time i think Dare Devil is not as good as it is to attract that significant amount of player

#58 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:06 AM

All my friends that started at the same time have all quit now, I only know one person who recently started up again.
But, I think neopets will probably be done in 5-6 years, unless they do a major overhaul in regards to PR/ customer service

#59 Chloee

Chloee
  • 142 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:22 AM

Yeah definitely dying...
I think they need to do a massive revamp and unveiling of a new design and pets etc to gather tonnes of attention at once. Then have a button so that people who like the old design can switch back to it...

#60 stars

stars
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:26 AM

If it weren't for my girlfriend I probably wouldn't have joined. The pets on neopets are very ugly and the names seem like something pulled out of someone's ass. The people on the boards are annoying and remind me of PTA parents (nosy, judgemental, cynical, and controlling). It took me a long time to get used to the "designs and artworks" of the pets in neopia so I don't see them as ugly as I did initially. It is hard to believe neopets was meant for college students, it feels like it is catered more towards middle school students and possibly high school.

My girlfriend claims TNT has a big staff, but the way they do things around their website gives me the impression that they have no more than 20 people in a small office downtown. This is the only community I found interesting, but the topics are sort of bland. I don't mean to complain, it is not as bad as the neopets board. If this was a reddit board I would probably be an advanced member by now haha. :funone:

td;lr Thinks neopets is fucking ugly, parents are bitches, community is shit, but joined to enjoy games with g/f. I like this community, but its slow.

Holy crap, I love you. Well said!!

#61 rizler

rizler
  • 637 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:28 AM

there 9k online which is so little compare to the plot time i think Dare Devil is not as good as it is to attract that significant amount of player

you mean daily dare? lol

but yeh i get what you mean :S usually there used to be atleast 40k people online but now half that :o

#62 esilim

esilim
  • 508 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 11:41 AM

well, i think it will inevitably die, but i'm guessing it will be long and drawn out...

#63 chaoprokia

chaoprokia
  • 558 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:24 AM

you mean daily dare? lol

but yeh i get what you mean :S usually there used to be atleast 40k people online but now half that :o

they need make more plot invest more $$ so more ppl are playing it

#64 cpvr

cpvr
  • 206 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:06 PM

Well, is Neopets the only pet site that you play?

#65 Maeghan

Maeghan
  • 253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:15 PM

I think it's worth noting,

long time players might not know many people IRL who play,

because it IS a kids site. Most people outgrow it.

Except for those of us who cling to a childhood memory, and enjoy screwing neopets over by cheating as a metaphor for our entire childhood.

Or... maybe thats just me.

#66 Domehades

Domehades
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:47 AM

if neopets is on facebook, it will get back to life

#67 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:58 AM

Only with young kids, who possibly are already on Neopets. No self-respecting adult is going to advertise his/her Neopets guilty pleasure on facebook for everyone to see :p

#68 cpvr

cpvr
  • 206 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:17 AM

For young kids, yes.
You really think it'll get everyone else playing again?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users