New Rule :D

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#26 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:14 AM

Maybe the mods can just have a word with Maharanya?

I mean....we all are thinking the same thing.

#27 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:41 AM

Maybe the mods can just have a word with Maharanya?

I mean....we all are thinking the same thing.

& neobrah

#28 sc4fps3

sc4fps3
  • 299 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:41 AM

I've seen some people go spam-wild with their status updates. But for the most part, I don't see a problem. If there are tons of advertisements in there, why don't you do your part and post something constructive in there to knock it off the page?

#29 Dayzee

Dayzee
  • 483 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:49 AM

It's annoying, but I agree that it's better than people coming up with ways of "bumping" their selling thread. And who's going to monitor it? That could be a full time job with the recent trend. I think at any given time, at least 6 of the status updates are all for trades.

Too much regulation can be a bad thing - just look at America's government!

#30 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:35 AM

i think juntsu has had a bad day, he was flaming me so i decided to strike back. anyways i think hes referring to me, mahayana, and neobrah, and other people.

Dude. Seriously? Stop attacking me -____-

#31 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:36 AM

Dude. Seriously? Stop attacking me -____-

I see no attacks of anyway in that quote, unless you think "Junsu was having a bad day" as an attack, then you should get your shit straightened out.

#32 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:40 AM

I see no attacks of anyway in that quote, unless you think "Junsu was having a bad day" as an attack, then you should get your shit straightened out.

My shit must be extremely curly.

#33 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:18 AM

& neobrah

it seems you're the only one bringing me up =p read my previous post plz

#34 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:24 AM

it seems you're the only one bringing me up =p read my previous post plz

You are the reason everyone else jumped onto this advertising fad in the first place.

Instead of 10 status updates slots we effectively have 5, because the other 5 is the same users monopolizing slots to keep their spam on a rotating stream.

#35 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:26 AM

You are the reason everyone else jumped onto this advertising fad in the first place.

Instead of 10 status updates slots we effectively have 5, because the other 5 is the same users monopolizing slots to keep their spam on a rotating stream.

Why does it really matter though? I could care less about Junsu's desire to have commercials only when he has to pee or people getting stalked.

#36 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:31 AM

I also take part in advertising on statuses, but I would definitely say in moderation O.o

Yes maha is the obvious culprit of bumping it up when he's not on the very top, but it's also annoying when it's the ONLY thing people put on their status.

I doubt we can really do anything to stop it, and I admit it's sometimes more useful than using the threads, but certain people are becoming too dependent on statuses for trading resulting in:

1) the trade boards not being looked at having them full of shit
2) The statuses being clogged about trading
3) The two types not crossing over. I don't know how many times I've seen a "selling X for etc" on a trading thread and a "buying X" on a status and yet they don't bother contacting each other.

#37 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:31 AM

Am I really the sole person? Before I joined were there advertising on status updates =p

I'm just saying there is a huge difference between me and Maharanya.

I usually wait an hour to repost my status (or update it when something is sold). I sell a lot of stuff so my actual status update is things that actually sell.

Again, i'm not against a posting cooldown or a filter system... people can feel free to block my status updates entirely as well..

No offence Scot, I do admire your guides and contributions - but I do not think I am the sole person whole started advertising or mass spamming.. just sayin

Edited by neobrah, 06 March 2011 - 11:32 AM.

#38 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:51 AM

Am I really the sole person? Before I joined were there advertising on status updates =p

I usually wait an hour to repost my status (or update it when something is sold). I sell a lot of stuff so my actual status update is things that actually sell.

Again, i'm not against a posting cooldown or a filter system... people can feel free to block my status updates entirely as well..

No offence Scot, I do admire your guides and contributions - but I do not think I am the sole person whole started advertising or mass spamming.. just sayin

Your not, Ive been advertising on there since it came out. But I post maybe twice a day? Every hour is a little much for me personaly. Im thinking a status blocker would be Ideal for everyone though. So you can filter out things that annoy you, as im sure everyone has different disslikes.

#39 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:52 AM

Your not, Ive been advertising on there since it came out. But I post maybe twice a day? Every hour is a little much for me personaly. Im thinking a status blocker would be Ideal for everyone though. So you can filter out things that annoy you, as im sure everyone has different disslikes.

I think maybe we can have a trader status page? Like a separate tab for just trading. So people who wants shit can look at it, and those who don't, don't have to.

#40 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:59 AM

Be cool like me: Lurk active content 24/7 and ignore the living fuck out of status updates

#41 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:00 PM

Just do what I do, stalk both

It's because I"m just that lame awesome

#42 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:06 PM

Just do what I do, stalk both

It's because I"m just that lame awesome

My computer doesn't let me post updates or reply to updates, so there's no real need for me to bother reading them.

Unless people are posting things against the rules... and I have full power to delete such posts and warn appropriately ;)

#43 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:12 PM

Why does it really matter though? I could care less about Junsu's desire to have commercials only when he has to pee or people getting stalked.

He can post whatever he wants as long as he doesn't bump the same thing every hour. Updates used to last almost half a day with a good amount of discussion. Now they get wiped off the main page in an hour because some sellers feel the need to keep theirs on top all the time.

You don't think once an hour is excessive? Why are you allowed to have permanent adspace on the main page?

I didn't say he was the first advertiser. I said he was the first to turn it into a nuisance.

Note: Even though I am using neobrah as an example I am speaking about all of the culprits collectively.

Edited by Scot, 06 March 2011 - 12:12 PM.

#44 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:13 PM

He can post whatever he wants as long as he doesn't bump the same thing every hour. Updates used to last almost half a day with a good amount of discussion. Now they get wiped off the main page in an hour because some sellers feel the need to keep theirs on top all the time.

But we're a forum, we have threads and we post in them, this isn't Facebook.

Really, if you guys want silly discussions like that, either use the IRC or the Chit-Chat section, it's there for a reason.

#45 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:15 PM

But we're a forum, we have threads and we post in them, this isn't Facebook.

Really, if you guys want silly discussions like that, either use the IRC or the Chit-Chat section, it's there for a reason.

And the trading post is there for a reason. You don't drive on the wrong side of the road during rush hour and say "hey no one is using the outbound lane anway."

#46 Dayzee

Dayzee
  • 483 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:18 PM

And the trading post is there for a reason. You don't drive on the wrong side of the road during rush hour and say "hey no one is using the outbound lane anway."

Haha, good analogy. However, traffic rules are rules, not guidelines. To my knowledge, there aren't any "rules" for status upating, or are there?

#47 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:21 PM

Haha, good analogy. However, traffic rules are rules, not guidelines. To my knowledge, there aren't any "rules" for status upating, or are there?

We make up the rules as we go along.

#48 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:21 PM

Well I think he's saying if it's there though, use it. We don't NEED to advertise on statuses when we have a trading board.

It's like not using handi-capped stalls just because they're bigger and nicer but then all the retards can't use the toilets

Bad analogy. I apologize.

#49 Dayzee

Dayzee
  • 483 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:22 PM

Well I think he's saying if it's there though, use it. We don't NEED to advertise on statuses when we have a trading board.

It's like not using handi-capped stalls just because they're bigger and nicer but then all the retards can't use the toilets

Bad analogy. I apologize.

Ouch. Being handicapped does NOT = being retarded.

BAD analogy

#50 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:26 PM

Ouch. Being handicapped does NOT = being retarded.

BAD analogy

It is, and I apologize again :p I was just too lazy to think of a better one. And I realize mentally handicapped are not the same as physically handicapped and neither are retards :o

But in all seriousness, I think just a separate section for trading statuses would work :/ then those who don't play neopets/not looking for trading can simply go there. Just adding a tab. Or however programming works, I don't know :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users