What do you want?

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1542 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:15 AM

Alright... Since a lot of the staff if on personal leave and im itching for stuff to do. I thought id ask the community what it is that they would like to see on this site. It can be applications, site improvements, tips, on-site programs (like the item database or avatar log), site themes, layouts, colors, new forums, contests, systems... seriously ANYTHING at all...

If you don't feel comfortable posting your suggestion here due to the fact that people a) might not take it seriously or b) you have a history of being a noob on the forum; please feel free to PM me with the details and i will make a reply here with your name not included.

Since I've joined this site a lot of you have probably noticed a few things have been changed (such as the program manager) and there are a couple other projects in the works. They are being pushed heavily by me xD (just ask shadow how many emails he gets from me every week asking him for information and access to different parts of the site).

While i can speak for myself and know what i would look for in a website that is not always for me to decide, sometimes other people (the ones who will use it) need to add input.

If the idea that you would like to see has already been mentioned by another person. Please Posted ImageRep that post and it will give me an indication of importance and want.

I know that this post really takes away from areas like the suggestion section in the bug tracker and even this forum. But doing this will allow me to have all of the updates for me to work on in one single location.

Thanks for your time
~Cody

--------------------------------------------------
To-Do
Spoiler

#2 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:21 AM

To be able to enter shop IDs for items >___<
Fix the kad feeder so it actually starts feeding at the start of the minute, not at twenty/thirty ish seconds.
And does rep really have any purpose? :3

And I can never actually tell if you look at the trackers or not Y___Y

Not saying that you guys arent already doing a good job though

Edited by Junsu, 12 March 2011 - 09:23 AM.

#3 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1542 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:30 AM

To be able to enter shop IDs for items >___<

Do you mean in abrosia? Or where?

Fix the kad feeder so it actually starts feeding at the start of the minute, not at twenty/thirty ish seconds.

:thumbsup:

And does rep really have any purpose? :3

It does not have a purpose in the sense that you gain anything from it. Having more rep just shows that you are someone respected on the site for making valuable and insightful posts. At least that is how i see it

And I can never actually tell if you look at the trackers or not Y___Y

I do from time to time; but with the differance in programs (like the ones from the program manager and older programs) its hard to tell which bugs are still current. I do know argue looks at it.

:)

#4 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:33 AM

Do you mean in abrosia? Or where?

In the Item Database o___o
For instance, http://www.neocodex....durian-chia-pop belongs in shop 37, but nothing changes when I enter a shop ID Y___Y

It does not have a purpose in the sense that you gain anything from it. Having more rep just shows that you are someone respected on the site for making valuable and insightful posts. At least that is how i see it

I do from time to time; but with the differance in programs (like the ones from the program manager and older programs) its hard to tell which bugs are still current. I do know argue looks at it.

I see :3

#5 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:40 AM

I think if a person has over 14,000 posts we should be able to convert rep into USD personally.

#6 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1542 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:50 AM

Im actually browsing through the mysql database... maybe i should reduce peoples post count if they are between 14700 and 14710 :p This was meant to be a serious topic waser -.-

#7 Map

Map
  • 861 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:59 AM

Honestly some of the projects you have in your sig I would love to see released :D. The Sahkmet Solitare, Round Table Poker and Invasion of Meridell would be awesome to use, and the sewage surfer would be amazing since I would never obtain that avatar legitly in my life n_n!

#8 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:00 AM

I think if a person has over 14,000 posts we should be able to convert rep into USD personally.

I will pay an exchange rate of $0.001 per reputation point. You shouldn't have asked for your pizza to be donated to charity, haha.

#9 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:01 AM

I will pay an exchange rate of $0.001 per reputation point. You shouldn't have asked for your pizza to be donated to charity, haha.

I have yet to see a receipt for that donation. :p

#10 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:02 AM

I have yet to see a receipt for that donation. :p

Faraaz is gone to India and we didn't decide on a charity yet. I was thinking we donate to the relief effort in Japan after this quake (since that seems to be the most pressing thing right now).

#11 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1542 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:03 AM

Honestly some of the projects you have in your sig I would love to see released :D. The Sahkmet Solitare, Round Table Poker and Invasion of Meridell would be awesome to use, and the sewage surfer would be amazing since I would never obtain that avatar legitly in my life n_n!

While those projects have taken a slight deture from activity; when we swing back into full gear they will be brought back into focus.

Shadow, if you could svn update the server during your lunch break, that would be wicked xP

>.> it would also be nice if you guys could stay on topic T_T

#12 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:04 AM

Shadow, if you could svn update the server during your lunch break, that would be wicked xP

Done, and sorry. Back on topic!

#13 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:05 AM

You've been a member for 6 months now and you still don't know how things work around here? Disappointing.

On topic: I suggest we get the secret project out.

#14 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1542 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:10 AM

You've been a member for 6 months now and you still don't know how things work around here? Disappointing.

On topic: I suggest we get the secret project out.

I know how things work :p and why did you think that i asked him to svn update

#15 Jeb

Jeb
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:10 AM

A Mac friendly version of the Autoadopter would be dandy....

#16 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:11 AM

I know how things work :p and why did you think that i asked him to svn update

I figured it was some kind of kinky fetish.

A Mac friendly version of the Autoadopter would be dandy....

That should already be done with the Program Manager which is currently under beta testing.

#17 I33t

I33t
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:11 AM

Jeb, you can just use one of those programs in which you can run .exes on it.

#18 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:20 AM

A NP generator.
I believe that it was removed because the links stopped making NP, but perhaps there are new links? o__O

And this issue has not been fixed
http://www.neocodex....nd-int-objects/

Spoiler

Edited by Junsu, 12 March 2011 - 10:21 AM.

#19 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1542 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:30 AM

A NP generator.
I believe that it was removed because the links stopped making NP, but perhaps there are new links? o__O

The links dont work

And this issue has not been fixed
http://www.neocodex....nd-int-objects/

It is fixed and will be removed in the next version of the program manager

How come Kad Feeder problem isnt on the ToDoList Q___Q

Right.......

#20 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:37 AM

Shapeshifter added to Program Manager?

#21 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1542 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:38 AM

Shapeshifter added to Program Manager?

:thumbsup:

#22 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:09 PM

People with 700+ posts should be able to change a UB into a Buyable.
I can't change a Kookith's price .__.

#23 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:11 PM

People with 700+ posts should be able to change a UB into a Buyable.
I can't change a Kookith's price .__.

No, they shouldn't be able to, all buyable prices are handled automatically.

#24 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:12 PM

No, they shouldn't be able to, all buyable prices are handled automatically.

I see o__o

#25 Sammiantha

Sammiantha
  • 498 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:43 PM

I second the suggestion for a sewage surfer program - having played this game to level 50 before it was exceptionally tedious. I think adding some kind of post restriction in, like that with shapeshifter would also be good. I don't know if an invasion of meridell program is in the works but I'd like too see that too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users